• Malê Rising - Jonathan Edelstein

Votes: 113 51.4%
  • Europe’s Hope and Britain’s Glory - DrakeRlugia

Votes: 20 9.1%
  • Once Upon a December: A Different Decembrist Russia - MarshalBraginsky

Votes: 34 15.5%
  • Use Your Loaf - Lord Roem

Votes: 49 22.3%
  • Gold Democrats and Silver Populists in the 1896 U.S. Presidential Election - Emperor Julian

Votes: 19 8.6%
  • Bob Lee's Body - Japhy

Votes: 25 11.4%
  • Stories from a Divided Haiti - Jonathan Edelstein

Votes: 30 13.6%
  • New York, New York: Redux - Noravea

Votes: 28 12.7%
  • A Glorious Union or America: The New Sparta - The Knight Irish

Votes: 40 18.2%
  • The Legacy of the Glorious (Milarqui's Cut) - Milarqui

Votes: 24 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

d32123

Banned
(READ BEFORE VOTING!)
Remember that this is an Approval Voting poll, which means you may vote for multiple choices.

Here is a list of nominees for this category:
Malê Rising - Jonathan Edelstein
Europe’s Hope and Britain’s Glory - DrakeRlugia
Once Upon a December: A Different Decembrist Russia - MarshalBraginsky
Use Your Loaf - Lord Roem
Gold Democrats and Silver Populists in the 1896 U.S. Presidential Election - Emperor Julian
Bob Lee's Body - Japhy
Stories from a Divided Haiti - Jonathan Edelstein
New York, New York: Redux - Noravea
A Glorious Union or America: The New Sparta - The Knight Irish
The Legacy of the Glorious (Milarqui's Cut) - Milarqui

Turtledove Poll Directory

Last edited:
Voted for Use Your Loaf! by Lord Roem and Bob Lee's Body by Japhy, Both are high-quality TLs and I hope to be as good as they are at creating such worlds at some point in the future.

Japhy

Banned
Please do not vote for Bob Lee's Body. I declined the nomination and am a little peeved that its listed.

Please do not vote for Bob Lee's Body. I declined the nomination and am a little peeved that its listed.

Apologies, I assumed that you had changed your mind.

Does seem rather off to just place someone's work up on the poll when they specifically asked them not to.

Japhy

Banned

Does seem rather off to just place someone's work up on the poll when they specifically asked them not to.

I'm not saying you're in the wrong for it, and thank you and Stolengood for your support, I'm just saying the Sherman Pledge and like you, wondering why I'm even in contention...

Glen

I'm not saying you're in the wrong for it, and thank you and Stolengood for your support, I'm just saying the Sherman Pledge and like you, wondering why I'm even in contention...

The Turtledoves are about the best that AH.com provides as decided by the members of AH.com. Traditionally we have not accepted declinations of nominations - we want the best of the best, even if the creator is too humble to accept it. So suck it up, brother!:p

Definitely gotta give my nomination for Male Rising: It's not often you see a story with a POD in Africa, and a really unique one, at that! :D

Japhy

Banned
The Turtledoves are about the best that AH.com provides as decided by the members of AH.com. Traditionally we have not accepted declinations of nominations - we want the best of the best, even if the creator is too humble to accept it. So suck it up, brother!:p

You probably could have mentioned that when I first asked half a month ago not to be nominated, I would have asked the folks who nominated it to withdraw it.

As for everyone else, please, I don't want to get anymore votes, I don't want to be a nominee, I really appreciate the positive response I've gotten but thank you, comments, thoughts and critisim on the work are all I'm interested in getting.

Edit: I'll just shut up and be glad I'm up against some of the best works going on the site these days.

You probably could have mentioned that when I first asked half a month ago not to be nominated, I would have asked the folks who nominated it to withdraw it.

As for everyone else, please, I don't want to get anymore votes, I don't want to be a nominee, I really appreciate the positive response I've gotten but thank you, comments, thoughts and critisim on the work are all I'm interested in getting.

Edit: I'll just shut up and be glad I'm up against some of the best works going on the site these days.

Now watch, Bobby Lee's Body makes a surprise dark horse ascendance and ends up winning the contest, just to spite you.

The Glorious Union for me! Best battle descriptions I've read on AH.

Highlights:

The death of McClellan on the USS Galena - "He died as he had fought - all at sea".
The execution of David Hunter and the disclosure of his OTL letters to Jeff Davis! - incredibly powerful and moving letters!
Lincoln ordering the execution of Confederate officers and General Roberts Toombs in retaliation - I actually felt sick for Lincoln.
More racial integration in the army - plausibly dealt with.
And great generals living longer - Keary the Magnificent, John Reynolds, Israel Richardson, Isaac Rodman the Fighting Quaker and others.
And the battles! Rappahanock, the disaster at Blackwater, Ashland, Gettysburg, Chickamauga, Union Mills/Pipe Creek, the moving Battle of Liberty and the Battle of Four Armies! Awesome.
And ripples slowly spilling out to Mexico, England and France...

Incredibly detailed. Educational almost. And in no way a Union-wank as might be suspected. Just great.

Also as a Great Briton can I also say I love "Use Your Loaf"!

Vote Glorious Union for President and Use Your Loaf for Vice President!

Stolengood

Banned
The Glorious Union for me! Best battle descriptions I've read on AH.

Highlights:

The death of McClellan on the USS Galena - "He died as he had fought - all at sea".
The execution of David Hunter and the disclosure of his OTL letters to Jeff Davis! - incredibly powerful and moving letters!
Lincoln ordering the execution of Confederate officers and General Roberts Toombs in retaliation - I actually felt sick for Lincoln.
More racial integration in the army - plausibly dealt with.
And great generals living longer - Keary the Magnificent, John Reynolds, Israel Richardson, Isaac Rodman the Fighting Quaker and others.
And the battles! Rappahanock, the disaster at Blackwater, Ashland, Gettysburg, Chickamauga, Union Mills/Pipe Creek, the moving Battle of Liberty and the Battle of Four Armies! Awesome.
And ripples slowly spilling out to Mexico, England and France...

Incredibly detailed. Educational almost. And in no way a Union-wank as might be suspected. Just great.
...except that the endless battle sequences made my eyes glaze over, I'm afraid. :(

At least Japhy's promised not to focus on that so much as he proceeds into the Civil War in Bob Lee's Body...

Japhy

Banned
...except that the endless battle sequences made my eyes glaze over, I'm afraid. :(

At least Japhy's promised not to focus on that so much as he proceeds into the Civil War in Bob Lee's Body...

Personally I know TKI's work, and I proudly voted for it. I just know I can't write that style nor, would I really have much interest in doing so.

Reading it on the other hand, its amazing.

Stolengood

Banned
Personally I know TKI's work, and I proudly voted for it. I just know I can't write that style nor, would I really have much interest in doing so.

Reading it on the other hand, its amazing.
I just find the battle sequences, especially extended ones, a bit difficult to follow. I'm not interested in tactics, generally; I'm more interested in the people, and how they're affected.

Didn't mean to offend with my comment; sorry, Japh. :(

Japhy

Banned
I just find the battle sequences, especially extended ones, a bit difficult to follow. I'm not interested in tactics, generally; I'm more interested in the people, and how they're affected.

Didn't mean to offend with my comment; sorry, Japh. :(

Oh, no I didn't mean it like that. Don't worry, not offended at all. I totally understand the problem with battle sequences, I can't write them at all after all. I'm just saying, I happen to think TKI has one of the best timelines on the site.