2010 US Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2017-9-25_14-46-9.png

nbs.com, Wednesday September 27th

Lyman: “Astonished” By Quincy Nomination

Josh Lyman, the former White House Chief of Staff and one of the leading voices in the Democratic Party, has reacted to the Supreme Court nomination of Solicitor General this morning telling Capitol Beat that he was “astonished” by the choice.

Lyman said he felt that the nomination process would be more contentious than the White House was expecting citing Quincy’s involvement in uncovering the scandal that brought down then Vice-President John Hoynes as one reason that the hearings would be tough.

“I know Joe fairly well. I can’t really speak to his legal record but the fact that he has no judicial experience coupled with the fact that he was the prominent player in bringing down a Democratic Vice-President means he doesn’t have to search for opposition.”

Mr Lyman also criticised the President for what he described as “apparent disrespect for judicial experience.” Pointing to the previous nominees put forward by President Walken, Justice Judith Rand and Justice Howard Weston neither of whom had experience as a judge, Lyman said “the President favours political expedience over the kind of experience that has generally produced Supreme Court justices.”

It’s not yet known how widely held Lyman’s view is within his party, Lyman is advising California Senator Sam Seaborn on his presidential run but he is yet to comment. Andrew Thorn, another leading contender for the Democratic nomination, did comment saying that he would “review the Solicitor General’s record, and come to a conclusion based on the facts.” When asked specifically about Lyman’s take Thorn said “I don’t think we will be holding the actions of John Hoynes against him – we don’t blame the investigator in an investigation.”

Quincy picked up strong endorsements from both leading Republican contenders. Vice-President Liz Clark called Quincy “uniquely qualified” adding that he had served in both Democratic and Republican administrations and offered “more than enough for sensible people on both sides of the aisle.”

BBC.CO.UK/Politics
Wednesday September 27th 2017

Eames "I am ready to be Mayor"

Dominic Eames was confirmed as the Labour party nominee for next year's London Mayoral Election at the party conference in Brighton this morning. The former Party Chairman easily defeated former Justice Secretary Chris Greenaway on the final ballot with 57% to 43%. He also defeated the Leader of Hounslow Council Clayton Roberts and Camden Councillor Jilly Selden.

"I am ready to be Mayor of the greatest city on earth" he told the Conference after his election was confirmed. Eames who lost narrowly for the Party leadership three years ago, said it was a "great honour" and "looked forward to the election campaign".

Eames, MP for Vauxhall, said he was remaining as an MP. Eames is expected to face Conservative Nigel Jay, the former Home secretary is expected to win the Conservative nomination, with the result due to be announced at the Conservative Party Conference in Blackpool next week.

nbs.com, Wednesday September 27th

BREAKING NEWS!

Romanova: "Three Walken backers backed coup attempt"

It has just be announced by Russian President Natalya Romanova that three of the richest men in America and Walken Campaign contributors backed the coup attempt in May. The men named are Henry Dobbs CEO Anneca Petrochemical, Greg Tomlinson Founder and President emeritus of Sancorp Natural Gas, and Lloyd Fowler the famous Manhattan based real estate mogul and head of the Fowler Group. These three men gave the GOP nearly twenty-five percent of their campaign funds in 2010, thirty-two percent in 2014, and thirty-five percent in last year's midterms.

"These men are the most powerful politically as they gave many millions of dollars to the Republican Party and candidates they liked. The fact we have video and audio evidence from two state witnesses proves to us that these three men gave money to bribe officials, especially generals and likeminded officials." Romanova asserted.

She then showed evidence and named the witnesses oligarch Yuri Dudko, an oil oligarch, and Ushakov Kutikov, A banking oligarch, and American tech CEO Martin Walcott The two Russians came forward to the government with this information. They confessed and offered to show foreign involvement. Walcott admitted guilt and offered evidence showing how big this conspiracy is. The evidence a video from Walcott's Wyoming estate shows Dobbs, Tomilinson, and Fowler talking with Walcott, Dudko, Kutikov, and Yuri Pervak the Russian ringleader of the coup attempt. The video was taken April 2017.

The video was thirty minutes long but the part Romanova showed was them talking of a post coup government.

Pervak: "When the soldiers and mercenaries are done Romanova will be liquidated."
Fowler: (A laugh) "And you Yuri will be asked by friends in your government to be the interim president"
Dobbs: "Long enough to get Anneca and Sancorp oil and gas rights to the Kara Sea."
Tomlinson: "Romanova has to be gone. She killed the oil deal because the price was not high enough."
Walcott : "Than we can get rid of this greedy bitch."
Pervak: "For her it's about the people."
Fowler: "A bleeding heart, I hate bleeding hearts. She stopped my buildings in Moscow because of some cost cutting. In construction people die. I am making a legacy she denies me it because of bribery and twenty dead workers? The Qatari site had 600 people die and the locals didn't bat an eye."
Dudko: "And what about Walken?"
Dobbs: "What about him?"
Dudko: "I doubt Walken will... sit on his hands while a coup occurs in Moscow."
Fowler: "Walken is focused on his library and possibly filling another Supreme Court seat. Even if it goes sideways the Republicans will still take our money. It is extermely expensive to run a campaign now. Also unlike Hank and Greg I do give a lot of money to the Democrats. Too many Politicans owe their seats to me. I can ruin their lives by financing primary opponents and running negative campaigns. It's a drop in the bucket for me."
Tomlinson: "Walken will do as we tell him, support your Regime, President Pervak."

Romanova stated she has given a copy of the video to the US Embassy and hopes that these men are as high as it went. But President Romanova cryptically stated she knew it went higher. President Romanova does publicly doubt Lloyd Fowler, Henry Dobbs, and Greg Tomlinson will ever be charged by the US government. "These men are too powerful to be touched by law enforcement."

The White House has refused to comment.

BBC.CO.UK/World/Asia
Thursday September 28th 2017

Qian to invite Walken to China.

Chinese President Qian Min has invited President Gary Allen Walken to visit Beijing in November. This move is a move by Qian whom has announced his move for a global dialogue on climate change, terrorism, and corruption. Qian is making the most bold move of a Chinese President in twenty years he is leading reforms in the Chinese government, fighting corruption in the party, carefully allowing political discussion, and focusing on making China the leading Green economy.

Qian's speech is turning heads.

"I know I may not like everything about America but I don't like everything about China. Here in China, have suicide nets still on our factories! Kids from the country are told not to talk to people in their off hours, not to form connections. I am fighting for those kids in our cities who have grown up with smog filled skies. I fight for the fisherman who's catch has become polluted by our advances. I must also fight for the jobs of my people. That perilous tightrope, of environment and economy. I'd like to think that President Walken will at least fight for what he thinks is right. We won't agree on everything but Walken and I will hash out a date for this global climate, terrorism, and corruption summit. This is vital for America and China. Terrorists will hit China's heart eventually I hope it never comes but working together will prevent that from happening. I want our countries to work closely. I want change in the dynamic. I have said I want America and China to be partners. I now say, I will work very hard to become partners with America and our neighbors in East Asia."
Qian's speech is being viewed as the most radical speech by a Chinese President in recent memory.

Many people are confused as to why Qian is having such a change of heart? Was it a near nuclear war last year, or the near death of his daughter? No one is certain but what is clear Qian has changed from being a perceived young hardliner to a reformer. A man changing the presidency of the People's Republic of China from a committee based system to a more centralized position of authority. Qian is rapidly changing his government and he wants at least as it appears from his statements that he wants to change the world. The question is this when Walken comes in November will the American President be swayed by this "new man" or will Walken remain steadfast in is views.

townhall.com, Thursday September 28th

York Breaks Neutrality Endorses Gault in Des Moines

In an astonishing reversal of a previous pledge to remain neutral in the upcoming Republican primary battle Iowa Governor Carl York appeared at a rally for Peter Gault and endorsed the Kansas Governor for President.

Governor York who is locked in a tight primary battle of his own with arch conservative State Senator Harris Buckley said he had intended to stay out of the race but that “it was becoming increasingly clear that only Governor Gault can both continue President Walken’s legacy and bring change to Washington.”

Gault has seen his support grow in the early states as he has consolidated the conservative wing of the party behind him. The move by York remains as surprise however, as Gault still trails Governor Henry Shallick by almost 20 points and Vice-President Liz Clark by around 15. He praised York as a “fine man and a great Governor” and interestingly reciprocated the endorsement.

Local commentator Joe Wrigley said the moved looked to be a tactical attempt by York to kill the momentum of his primary opponent. “The race is too tight for Governor York’s liking – his team have long that that if Buckley could get Gault on side that he would be in trouble so this looks like pre-emptive strike.”

Gault’s team were reportedly delighted, their growing ability to pick up significant early state endorsements has cemented the Governor as the flag bearer of the right and whilst it remains difficult to see a path to the nomination against two such established opponents at the very least he has made his constituency relevant and will be a leading contender for the Vice-Presidential spot.

BBC.CO.UK/Politics
Thursday September 28th 2017

"Let the People decide" as Andrea Benn calls for a General Election

Andrea Benn has challenged Richard Samuels to call an immediate general election and "let the people decide". In a rallying end-of-conference speech in Brighton, the Labour leader said the Labour Party was ready for a snap poll, adding: "We will fight for a better Britain and we will win."

In a surprise move, Andrea Benn spoke without notes delivering the speech whilst walking around a stage rather than from behind a podium "This may not be perfect, but I wanted you and the British people to see and hear the real me". With the party trailing in the opinion polls, Benn was hoping to convince voters Labour have what it takes to deliver changes in health, education, law and order and security. Benn said that she disagreed with the Conservative party, but she would not resort to "personal attacks on the Prime-Minister" who she said "I like the Prime-Minister as a person," prasing his "bravery" regards to his "sexuality and supporting equal marriage" but on most policies " we are miles apart, we have two fundamental differing approaches to Government, I believe that the state has right to help to those who cannot help themselves, he believes that the Government should get out of the way, and if someone does get state help they should be treated as if they are lying".

On policy she pledged that any Government lead by her would "end the nasty welfare system, and would scrap the unpopular "Fair Work Programme", and the premium rate phone number callers have to call the Department of Work and Pensions. She also said she would her instruct her Justice secretary "to close down straight away, the fake court at Northampton, which makes decisions that effects peoples credit ratings, without having anyone legally trained, no judges or any hearings".

She also warned the Trade Unions that she would not "support strikes of the sake of strikes", adding "we have to be honest, when we where in power between in 2007 and 2011 we lost sight of what we where trying to do, we believed that borrowing money and then spending that money would solve every problem, it doesn't" saying "we will fight the election on fully costed policies, on a platform of fairness".

For the Conservatives, Deputy Prime-Minister Frank Cameron said the Labour Leader had "tried to convince everyone that the Labour party had changed, but the truth is this is the same old Labour Party making billions of pounds of tax and spending commitments they cannot pay for, whilst they are in hock with their Trade Union paymasters".

Last edited:
upload_2017-2-8_14-55-36-png.307359

Friday September 29th 2017

Cambridge rules out Third party Presidential bid

Former Virginia Senator and Secretary of Defense Brian Cambridge has ruled out a third party presidential bid next year, he did say however his still trying to set up a viable new "progressive centre" party.

"I am not running as a third party candidate for President next year, that isn't going to happen" he told NBS in an interview to be broadcast on Sunday but added "I am hopeful that progressives across the country can form a viable third party in the coming year or so". On the presidential campaign he believed former Ohio Senator Haydn Straus running as an independent by with the support of the Greens "would not really effect the Presidential race" saying "Haydn is on the fringes of the political debate, he might draw a few votes from the Democrats, but he will not be serious factor". On the Democratic and Republican side he thought the nominees would be Vice-President Clark and Senator Seaborn "I said from the start it was going to be Clark against Seaborn next fall, and I can't see any reason to change that opinion now".

Last edited:
BBC.CO.UK/Politics
Monday October 2nd 2017

Nigel Jay chosen as Conservative London Mayoral candidate

Nigel Jay, the former Home Secretary, will contest the 2018 London mayoral election for the Conservatives, it has been announced on the first day of the party conference in Blackpool.
The St Albans MP, said he was "honoured" after winning 81% of the 20,541 votes cast using a new online primary system. He beat easily beat London Assembly Member Anthony Brown, MEP Steve Cartwright and the Leader of Hillingdon Council James Henson.

As expected for many months the election is between Jay and former Labour Party Chairman Dominic Eames who was announced as his parties nominee last week. Jay, who does not represent a seat within Greater London, but he does live inside Greater London, just across the border in Arkley, in the London Borough of Barnet. Jay told the party conference that he was "honoured" by the result adding that he planned to build on the "outstanding job" done by the outgoing Mayor former Prime-Minister Henry Reed. All the early opinion polls point to a very close race between the two main candidates, as Jay hopes to win the Conservatives a third mayoral term for the first time since its creation in 1998.
Results
  1. Nigel Jay 16,638 votes 81%
  2. Anthony Brown 3,079 votes 14.98%
  3. Steve Cartwright 543 votes 2.64%
  4. James Henson 281 votes 1.38%

Last edited:

Monday October 2nd 2017

Two further Presidential debates announced

The Democrats and Republicans announced two further debates coming up later this month. As agreed between the two parties, the Democrats go first in this cycle, with a debate on Sunday October 29th in St. Petersburg, Florida, whilst the Republicans follow twenty four hours later in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

All remaining eight Democratic candidates have been invited to the St. Petersburg debate, whilst all four remaining Republicans will take part in the Republican debate.

townhall.com, Tuesday October 3rd

Laura Shallick: “No plans to leave the Senate”

Senator Laura Shallick, the wife of Republican presidential contender Henry Shallick told Capitol Beat this morning that he had no plans to resign her seat even if her husband is elected President next year.

Mrs Shallick appeared on the NBS politics show this morning saying that she was “convinved” that he husband was her party’s best choice for President and that being first lady would be an “incredible honour” but when asked if she would leave the Senate either to campaign for her husband or to take on the role of first lady full time, the Missouri’s Senior Senator was unequivocal. “The constitution makes no requirement for a full time first lady, it’s a demonstration of how far we’ve come that this is even a discussion but no, I was elected and then re-elected by the people of Missouri and I fully intend to represent them for my full term.”

Senator Shallick added that it “hasn’t even been a discussion” with her husband who she said had “always been 100% supportive” of her political career. Host Mitchell Andrews pressed the Senator asking if she seen aby potential conflict with a first lady holding such a prominent political role. “I don’t think so. First of all Henry has to win the nomination, then we need to convince the American people. We’ll worry about the details later.”

The interview marked an increase in Shallick’s public persona. she’s seen as a very effective campaigner and with re-election secured last year is likely to dedicate herself to a much more public role in promoting her husband’s campaign – Governor Shallick’s advisors see his wife as an excellent counter to the Vice-President and her appeal to women.

BBC.CO.UK/Politics
Thursday October 5th 2017

Samuels "No Election this year"

Prime-Minister Richard Samuels ended the Conservative party conference in Blackpool by ending speculation over a November General Election. Speculation had been rife over the last few weeks that an election would be called with all the opinion polls pointing to an average 9% Conservative lead over Labour, enough to give them victory although with a slightly reduced majority of around sixty seats.

"I can end the speculation over the General Election, there isn't going to be one this year" adding "me and my Cabinet are not cutting and running, we will be working hard to prepare our case to the British people sometime next year". Samuels repaid the compliment made to him by Labour Leader Andrea Benn during her speech last week "I have the greatest respect for the Leader of the Opposition, she is a formidable opponent at PMQ's, and she does what her job entails, questioning my government and keeping us on our toes" but he added "when it does come to the next election, we are going to beat her and her party because we have the best vision for the future of our great nation" adding "we have once again cleared up the Labour parties mess, and I do not intend to hand our growing economy back to a party which would bankrupt us again"

On the question of a Federal Europe which had threatened once again to tear the Conservative party apart this week, he said that "unless Brussels and all the other petty Eurocrats, and yes I said crats, not prats,stopped their quest of European Super State, I will fight the General Election on the promise of a second EU referendum, something Labour will not do".

The speech was well received by the party faithful, and at the end of the hour long speech he was joined on the stage by his partner Robert McKay, the first time this happened since Samuels became Leader and Prime-Minister in 2015.

Last edited:

Monday October 9th 2017

Calley and Tyler clash in Virginia Gubernatorial debate

Cliff Calley and Bobby Tyler met for the first of two gubernatorial debates in Virginia Beach last night.

Calley and Tyler (The Mayor of Richmond) clashed for the hour long debate, with pundits and on-line polling showing no clear winner. Calley attacked Tyler for his record as Richmond Mayor, whilst Tyler launched a bitter assault on Calley over his views on the Commonwealths "Right to Work Laws" which Tyler has pledged to overturn if elected, whilst Calley hit back over Tyler's ties to Labor Unions.

The polls point to tight race, with Tyler ahead but within the margin of error, with a second debate to follow in two weeks time, it is clear, the one of the candidates will be looking at a knockout blow in that debate.

Thursday October 12th 2017

Fowler and Hoffman in fiery debate in New Jersey

The two candidates hoping to replace Democrat Annie Long as Governor of New Jersey, went head to head for the first time last night a fiery debate held in Trenton.
Most polls give Hoffman, Mayor of Newark Kelly Hoffman a narrow lead over five term Congressman Jack Fowler. Fowler is hoping to win the office of Governor which his father Jonathan also held.

Fowler was clearly well briefed as he launched into a attack on Mayor Hoffman's record as Mayor of Newark "Mayor Hoffman and me have one clear fundamental difference, I believe the taxes pay the Government are still the peoples taxes, she believes they are the governments, there is no stuff thing as "Government money". Hoffman said Fowler's comments could mean only one thing "cuts in state services" to which he added yes "cuts in spending on state officlals spending thousands of tax payers dollars on taxi cabs, cuts in fact finding trips to Trinidad and Tobago, I could go on and on, regards the money Governor Long has wasted in four short years as Governor" adding "Mayor Hoffman will do the same, her record in Newark shows she is a "tax and spend" Democrat of the old school".

Hoffman hit back over Fowler's voting record in Congress "he has voted against any form of women's rights, any form for rights for LGBT people, he is against any sort of Government help to the middle class, he is a 19th Century Laissez-faire Congressman, I think he would get rid of the Federal government if he could". Fowler replied "once again you and the Democrats are lying about what I stand for, I believe in the people, you believe in big spending government".

On-line polls after the debate showed Fowler as the narrow winner, but it was not a clear decisive blow, the performance should have do more to close the gap in the polls which polling day just over three weeks away.

Last edited:

Thursday October 19th 2017

Shock as Tillman endorses Senator Thorn

In a surprise announcement at a fundraiser for New York Senator Andrew Thorn, former California Governor turned TV presenter Gabe Tillman endorsed Thorn for the Presidency.
It had long been believed that Tillman would endorse Senator Seaborn, both being from the same state, and Tillman was viewed as a personal friend to the Seaborn family. Both men where also vetted for the vice-presidency by Jimmy Fitzsimmons back in 2014.

Tillman who was not on the published guest list arrived unannounced before going up on stage "I am here tonight to give my support a man who I believe should be the next President of these United States, Andrew Thorn".

The Seaborn campaign was thrown by the sudden and shock announcement, with his communications team refusing to believe it until the footage appeared on social media. One source in the Seaborn camp admitted to have being "blindsided" and that Tillman's decision to support Thorn was a "betrayal".

Thursday October 19th 2017

Seaborn campaign claim Tillman has been offered the Vice-Presidency or Secretary of State by Thorn

The Seaborn campaign has claimed in reaction to the shock news that former Californian Governor Gabe Tillman had endorsed Senator Thorn for the Democratic Presidential nomination, that Tillman has been offered a senior job by the New York Senator.

"From what we understand Senator Thorn once again has been waiving his chequebook" a senior member of the Seaborn campaign told NBS this morning "this time it isn't money, but jobs, he has been promised that he will be given either a spot on a Thorn led ticket as VP, or as Secretary of State". The announcement at a fundraiser in New York City for Thorn left the campaign in shock, but they have been hitting back today with another campaign insider claiming "we don't need Tillman's endorsement, he is more important to them (the Thorn campaign) than to us we are going to carry California without the Governors help anyway".

Last edited:
thehill.com, Thursday October 19th

Thorn: Absolutely No Job offer to Tillman

New York Senator Andrew Thorn laughed off claims by rival campaigns that he had secured the endorsement of former California Governor Gabe Tillman by promising him a senior job should he become President.

Thorn, was recording an interview with an internet blogger when news of the accusations levelled by the campaign of his chief rival Sam Seaborn that he had guaranteed Tillman “one of the top 3 Cabinet positions” in return for this morning’s shocking endorsement.

Senator Thorn took exceptional and dismissed the theory. “I understand Senator Seaborn’s disappointment, but this really does, once again, show that he and his campaign believe he should be anointed as the nominee – that anyone who doesn’t fall in line behind him has somewho been duped or bribed. It’s ludicrous, the Governor (Tillman) and I have a very similar outlook and I’m honoured that he has endorsed me but I am not in the business of offering out jobs that I can’t be sure I can offer. I need to convince my party that I should be the nominee and my country that I should be President – we’ll worry about the cabinet once we’ve done that.”

Status
Not open for further replies.