2008 Canadian Election with Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff

How would the 2008 Canadian election have gone if Michael Ignatieff was Liberal leader? I'm assuming the Liberals would do better in Quebec, but how much better? And would they do better or worse overall?

How would the 2008 Canadian election have gone if Michael Ignatieff was Liberal leader? I'm assuming the Liberals would do better in Quebec, but how much better? And would they do better or worse overall?
I haven't the foggiest.

However, I do know that in the 1980s he was a half-decent presenter of arts programmes on BBC2.

At about the same time Mike Myers (another expatriate Canadian) was appearing in Radio 4 comedies with someone called Hugh Laurie. Whatever happened to them?

Is it true that Michael Ignatieff is a descendent of Count Ignatieff in the Flashman books?

Historically Dion was pretty squishy with the CPC in the 2006-2008 period, letting them survive non-confidence motions, and they lost a couple dozen seats. If Ignatieff is more assertive, maybe the election happens earlier in the year. Maybe there's no Green Shift, which wasn't a huge success, and maybe Ignatieff does better in debates.

I don't see it reversing Liberal fortunes, but maybe the CPC's gains are not as great and the NDP doesn't add to its seat count.

Hard to say, I think Ignatieff could have done a bit better than Dion, he came off stronger and perhaps he would avoid the Green Shift, but I'm inclined to think that election would probably have gone much the same way regardless - I don't think he would do worse than Dion, but I don't think he would win either.

I haven't the foggiest.

However, I do know that in the 1980s he was a half-decent presenter of arts programmes on BBC2.

At about the same time Mike Myers (another expatriate Canadian) was appearing in Radio 4 comedies with someone called Hugh Laurie. Whatever happened to them?

Is it true that Michael Ignatieff is a descendent of Count Ignatieff in the Flashman books?

Yes he is a descendant. I believe he is also technically a count as well, or would be if the Romanovs were ever restored, counts are not really a part of the British honours system and foreign hereditary titles are only technically valid if the Queen signs off on them (as happened with many of the French era noble titles in Quebec).

In fact, I think Michael Ignatieff is the villain of Peshawar Lancers.