1908: A WW1 mapgame

Premise: On June 30, 1908, the Tunguska meteor, instead of hitting a bunch of tree's in Siberia, slams down on Moscow. As the city was mostly made of wood back then, there is a lot of damage( the blast would be about 1000 times more powerful than the bomb dropped on Hiroshima. This is the equivalent of Seattle, New York City, and Washington D.C. being nuked out of a clear sky. Russia mobilizes to restore order. Germany mobilizes in response because they think Russia will attack them, etc.,etc.

Rules:
1.Turns are months
2.Claim a turn before posting. After claiming, you have 24 hours or someone else can take your turn for you.
3.There cannot be another Tunguska event
4.Post a map with your turn or it doesn't count.
5. Nothing ridiculous (i.e. Sweden annexes Russia without help from anyone else)
6. We'll go until the war ends, then if there is still interest we will continue after that.
7. The game starts on July 1.

1908.png

I assume this is in the right place. If it isn't then I'm sorry, feel free to move it.

July 5:

Having anticipated an attack from Germany, some Russian troops move to the Russo-German border. Germany, seeing this as a de facto declaration of war, attacks the Russians. Due to being in a state of disarray and shock after the destruction of Moscow, the Germans make surprisingly quick advances in Poland.

I made the map bigger, so that it's easier to see. I suck with small maps. Also, is it okay that I started after July 1st?

1908.png

August 1st:
Following war breaking out between Russia and Germany, France declares war upon Germany in order to help their ally. French Colonials quickly overrun the German colonies bordering France's in Africa. A failed offensive into Alsace Lorraine takes place with only a few gains for France and 4,000 French dead and 956 Germans.1908.png

1908.png

This is a cool idea but:
-It should be moved to the ASB sub forum

-Its not a nations game, and you dont claim turns for one country.

-The UCS maps are MUCH better and MUCH easier to draw on

August 11:

Following the French invasion of Germany, Austria-Hungary declares war on France, while Russia declares war on AH in response. Italy remains neutral, but is indirectly assisting Germany and AH. The Russians make advances in AH, while Germany retakes Alsace-Lorraine.

1908.png

August 31st:
After Germany deploys a secondary fleet in the Mediterranean, the Russian Black Sea Fleet attempts to sail through the Dardanelles, defying an Ottoman-Russian treaty. The fleet is obliterated by mines and artillery before it can reach Istanbul. The Ottoman Empire then invades the Caucasus making quick gains. The Germans advance further Into Poland and the Baltic and are seemingly unstoppable. The Russians launch a grand Offensive in AH which is a success before 7 German divisions are deployed on the Austrian line and stem the Russian tide.
1908.png

1908.png

September 20th:

Russian forces are mostly pushed out of AH, while the Prussians make advances in Poland. The Turks reach the Caspian Sea. After being promised Sakhalin and possibly parts of Kamchatka, Japan joins the war on the side of Germany, AH, and the Ottoman Empire, and quickly captures Sakhalin.

1908.png

5th October:

Germany and France are at stalemate on the border, so Wilhelm II demands that Belgium give his armies safe passage through Belgium. They are denied and an invasion of Belgium takes place and in 15 days all Belgium is occupied. In AH the war has ground to a halt with heavy casualties on both sides. Germany advances deeper into Poland before coming across 6 Russian divisions on their way to the front, trenches are dug and battle commences. The Turks reach Georgia and gain mor of the Caspian coast. China is convinced to fight by the French and an invasion of Korea takes place and Pyonyang is reached, leaving the Japanese stunned. Britain is contmplating what to do and King Edward VII reportedly spent several days in his bed chamber, crying.
1908.png

1908.png

How the hell did Germany end up with Dutch New Guinea?! :eek:

Even though I'm beginning to find this game more and more implausible and honestly believe it should be in the ASB forums, here's a better map. The current one hurts my eyes and it seems to do the same to others.

zVlRK.png

October 18th:

Despite Britain's mutual defense treaty with Belgium, the Brits decide to remain neutral, not wanting to get in a war against their close ally Japan. The Russians are kicked out of AH entirely, and Austria-Hungary rolls right into Russian territory. However, the Turks are pushed back in the Caucasus. France and Germany both invade Luxembourg with the intent of gaining ground in the Low Countries, with the Germans winning the 3-way battle and annexing Luxembourg. Japan occupies Taiwan and regains lost ground in Korea.

zVlRK.png