Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
A minor victory, a loooooong series nearing the end. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure your series has had the most updates on the thread. That's impressive.

I think lord caedus' A Different Twenty-Seventh might have had more updates, but I'm not sure.

The New Alliance seems to be very weak at this point.

Hampton's not exactly an inspiring leader, and has been making the mistake of focusing on places that have been trending Conservative (i.e. the Prairies and the West in general) instead of places like Toronto (which everyone thinks is a Liberal stronghold) and the Atlantic.

Time to go back in the past, but much farther.
---

Economic ruin, War without proper funding or training, and the capture of New York City lead to the a revival in the flagging and directionless Federalist Party

attachment.php

The Federalists, who had ran on a campaign of ending hostilities with Europe was exceptionally popular on both sides of the Atlantic. American's were surprised and horrified at how easily the British stomped through their defenses and how pathetic their militia's fared. The British up in Canada had no interest in trying to hold down America, they were too large and too troublesome while Napoleon towered over them. Out west the idea of being subjugated to Britain was enormously unpopular, but to those who had been expecting to roll over Canada, and instead were massacred, they were eager to salvage as much as they could.

And they did, in fact little was lost. All of the overtaken property was returned, New York worse for wear but still functioning, and a peace treaty was signed surrendering $10,000,000 in damages to be paid over the next 20 years. The Federalists used this slight, the one they signed mind you, as justification to create a new standing army and National bank for a future war. Many of the Jeffersonian Republicans who opposed these measures, including Jefferson himself, were split. Some merely wanted America as a planters republic without the fear of Britain and Canada over them, but if they could so easily over take them perhaps it was time to swallow their pride.

The Federalist Party was both rejuvenated and transformed by this experience. With the embarrassment of many siding with Britain, a lot of New Federalists would be even more Anglophobic then the Republicans. They'd rely on them for trade and still back the old ideals of banks and property, but the rhetoric would be one of expansion to the north and conquest over the whole of the Eastern Seaboard. Younger Federalists would try and liberalize the party view on suffrage and populism, and idea that would remain anathema among the higher ups.

The Republicans were badly hurt by the debacle. Their long standing policies on low debt and no standing military had them overrun by the same people they had escaped a generation ago. The Federalists, despite being upper-class wannabe Brits, were the ones who made the British leave, no territory lost, no exorbitant demands (aside from payment of damages), and now they were looking forward in terms of national defense. Many Western Republicans saw no reason to listen, they thought that there was no way the British or any powers could overwhelm them, but for years it would remain a fear that many in the East would take seriously.

A new era had begun in American history, one of paranoia and opposition to all things British...

---
There really was no other runner up here then Chief Justice John Marshall. The Federalists didn't really back anyone officially, Clinton ran as a Democratic-Republican and backed by most Federalists. King ran as a minor ticket but didn't get much attention. Here I imagine if he ran after some embarrassing loses he (and the party) could end the war early and try and salvage most of what they have. The British didn't want to cause the US to be permanently hostile, no need to create more enemies when you can profit off them, especially with Napoleon causing trouble in Europe.

Thoughts?

Runner's Up Election List

Last edited:

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
The most recent Gibraltar election in True North.

ITTL Gibraltar consists of OTL Gibraltar and the Spanish Protectorate of Morocco and is a devolved/home rule constituent country within the United Kingdom.

HPacela.png

This is from a roleplay on Facepunch.com where an idiot decided to declare war on post-war France:
sDrU2OB.png

Sorry for pixelization as the image was getting really big and it's saying 1946-Present because the RP is still at 1946

Taft narrowly beats Eisenhower in the Republican primaries, no Fair Play here. Truman devotes all his efforts in getting Barkley to become VP, who in turn placates the younger liberal section of the Democrats with Senator Humphrey. It looked like Taft was going to win, terrifying many Democrats that everything in the past 20 years would be undone, but then Taft died on the campaign trail. The Republican scrambled to find a replacement, Eisenhower declining due to "[his] complete loss in the primaries, signifying it was not my time nor my place to be President." He thought he was being honorable and respecting Taft, whom he never really liked, everyone else thought he was pissing away a good chance to win.

attachment.php

In the end it came back down to Dewey. He didn't want it, they didn't want him, but he was chosen as the lamb candidate and and gave the Democrats their 6th consecutive win, and making Dewey the only candidate to lose 3 elections in a row as a major party candidate.

This is from a roleplay on Facepunch.com where an idiot decided to declare war on post-war France:

Sorry for pixelization as the image was getting really big and it's saying 1946-Present because the RP is still at 1946

West German didn't exist until 1949 iOTL...

I'm sort of surprised the Soviets are in the war but the Italians and the Americans aren't.

What the *pluck* are Franco's war aims?

Also as far as I can tell, the last time the Spanish invaded France through the Pyrennies (as opposed to fighting in the north from the Netherlands is 1659.

snip

West Germany didn't exist in 1946 though and the CEDA had been dissolved (and some of its most important members exiled), while Falange and the Carlists having been merged already in 1938.

Hello there, do you think you could please make me a alternate wiki info box?

It's for Halloween

It would be the Halloween War, where forces from Hell rise to fight the United States. Mostly from horror movies. Imagine the secene in "Jason goes to Hell, the Final Friday" where the FBI kills Jason.

Make the info box look like the World War II one

Information
- Date: October 1st- November 1st 2014

Results
-United States victory
-Satan's plan is prevented
-Portals to Hell are closed
-Creation of the Department of Paranormal Activity

Belligerents

Human Side
- United States
Army
Navy
Air-force
FBI
CIA
National Guard
Local police

Leaders
- Obama
- Constantine
And the leaders of the groups I said above

Supported by Vatican City and Saudi Arabia

Evil Side
- Hell

Supported by armies of vampires and zombies

Leaders
- Satan
Also name as many horror movie villains as possible
Examples
- Freddy
- Jason
- Michael Myers
- Chucky
- Saw
- Pinhead
- Texas chain saw massacre guy
- Pumkin head
- Dracula
- Frankenstein

For pictures, include some of then getting shot or killed. Try to get one of the FBI killing Jason

Thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.