Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough point, I'll just go pick out a appropriate map as needed.

Probably easier just to use a OTL 1941 Worlda, but I'll figure something out.

You could probably search each of the Map Threads for "Nazi victory" or "Axis victory" and find ideas, inspiration, and borders you could use.

And here's the final map of Titan. Much like Io, claims further away from the small seas are rare and are more lines on the map. Titan is likewise very dry, but is more similar to Mars than Io as far as temperature and general climate go.

tL2Uujh.png

Nt2MbSp.png

And here's the final map of Titan. Much like Io, claims further away from the small seas are rare and are more lines on the map. Titan is likewise very dry, but is more similar to Mars than Io as far as temperature and general climate go.

For a second there I couldn't tell the difference between the unclaimed/unsettled land and the water and thought there was a set of ridiculously long dikes.

How does climate work on settled moon scenarios? I've wondered this for a while but this seems as good a time as any to ask.

For a second there I couldn't tell the difference between the unclaimed/unsettled land and the water and thought there was a set of ridiculously long dikes.

How does climate work on settled moon scenarios? I've wondered this for a while but this seems as good a time as any to ask.

Like what's the climate like specifically or how does it have climate? If it's the latter, physics is different because this whole universe is predicated on retro scientific theories and classic science fiction. Here, it's that the gas giants give off enough light and heat for life.

Like what's the climate like specifically or how does it have climate? If it's the latter, physics is different because this whole universe is predicated on retro scientific theories and classic science fiction. Here, it's that the gas giants give off enough light and heat for life.

It was the latter; I figured if the physics allowed for the sun to heat the moons that eventually they'd be behind the gas giants for several weeks/months and go into a super winter but didn't know the gas giants served that purpose. Thanks.

It was the latter; I figured if the physics allowed for the sun to heat the moons that eventually they'd be behind the gas giants for several weeks/months and go into a super winter but didn't know the gas giants served that purpose. Thanks.

The Sun provides a little heat and a little light, but not a lot.

Dirk

Banned
Made a Mediterranean blank map because there ain't a single good one out there. Should I add historical regions, or not?

BlankMed.png

Map of the World after the Signing of the Treaty of Geneva that ended the Second Great War, circa 1946.
Ahh yes. Apparently the Germans offered the Romanians up to the Dnieper river but they turned it down. Understandably, given the Germans had polticial and economic controls in the other Romanian gains. Why are the Hungarians angry about their expansion? Fearing that they are powering up to regain Transylvania?

And might we see a sequel map, showing the various areas that have gained independence on the command of the Americans. Not that the British would mind for those formerly French and Dutch areas of Asia. Saves on costs, as it's just plain cheaper to be some of the only people with ships to get to opened markets.

Thanks for all the great maps posted during my absence! KaiserK, also great thanks for the start of another lovable, though much criticised (because it is a bit of a stretch), Timeline! Please continue against all odds with both projects, KaiserK!

Gloria für Preußen (vor allem wenn es sozialistisch oder kommunistisch ist)!

Ahh yes. Apparently the Germans offered the Romanians up to the Dnieper river but they turned it down. Understandably, given the Germans had polticial and economic controls in the other Romanian gains. Why are the Hungarians angry about their expansion? Fearing that they are powering up to regain Transylvania?P

Pretty much that, the Hungarians fear the Romanians are powering up to try and regain Northern Transylvania, especially as Admiral Horthy still wants the rest of Transylvania, and to make sure Romania is kept down, through the Germans are making the Romanians stronger so they can play their clients off of each other, keep them subservient to Berlin.

And might we see a sequel map, showing the various areas that have gained independence on the command of the Americans. Not that the British would mind for those formerly French and Dutch areas of Asia. Saves on costs, as it's just plain cheaper to be some of the only people with ships to get to opened markets.

Oh certainly, there will be further maps.

Just expect Africa to be even bloodier do to De Gaulle and buddies.

Beedok and anyone else who gets the shakes from ArcGIS, avert your eyes now!

A work in progress for my final project in my Cartography class. I've pretty much just started, but I was very lucky to find such a great Republic of Texas shapefile. It's got all the counties in Texas as well as their historical changes by year. The ultimate map will show the recognized claim at the time of independence, the claimed border (that you can see here) both with and without Greer County, and of course the modern day state of Texas's border. Under that will be a standard reference map including roads, rails, urban areas and land cover (which you can see here), a few landmarks, modern county borders, major rivers and lakes, major military bases, major peaks and basins, the Balcones Escarpment, and the border states/Mexico, which will all be extremely simplified.

Any suggestions beyond those? I'm somewhat limited by what I can find in online GIS databases.

As before, the resolution is much better before it's exported. Here's a higher resolution, but it still looks better printed out.

Edit: And a zoomed in export of the Texas Triangle to show some more detail: http://i.imgur.com/Pr05oRC.jpg

firstrun2.png

Last edited:
This map is a basic German wank, with a POD in the late 1850s. Its based a lot, but not entirely on a couple Victoria 2 games, with some of my own liberties added into it. Basically, Prussia has a more successful diplomatic and military handling of its situation at the time, resulting in it curb stomping the Danish quicker. Bismark ends up accepting the king's offer to join the German Confederation. Russia is unable to intervene, as it is involved in a more intense great game along with a constitutional crisis in Finland. The Netherlands undergoes economic problems after losing Guyana to France, and so gives Luxembourg over to Prussia in exchange for unchallenged hegemony in Indonesia. Austria goes to war shortly afterwards, seeing Prussia as too strong, fighting in 1865, similar in time to a longer dragging American Civil War, and with a Hungarian uprising, along with Croatia and other minorities, are smashed into the ground by Prussia and her allies including the Two Sicilies, becoming virtually a vassal of Berlin. Almost the entire coastal territory of Austria is given to the newly founded Italy in exchange for a Berlin-Rome concord. France intervenes alongside Sardinia, but is thoroughly crushed, forced to give Alsace Lorraine to Germany, along with Corsica and Tunisia to Italy, with its ally annexed by the latter. After an even worse defeat than OTL, France has a major economic crisis and almost civil war, won by hardliners. Anarchists, bourbonists and even communists try to rise against the government before a different monarchy is established in charge. As a result, Prussia amalgamates with its allies to form the German-Hungarian Empire, a massive juggernaut in Central Europe. Thanks to Denmark, its navy is significantly more powerful and it establishes a bigger and better colonial Empire in Central Africa. It establishes alliances with Italy, the Ottoman Empire and even Japan, with the Netherlands and the newly independent Finland neutral but increasingly pro-German. Serbia, being cut off from other countries, becomes a virtual Turkish-German vassal in all but name, though it desperately cries out to Russia to someday intervene. The rest of Europe (save Sweden and Switzerland for obvious reasons) form into a Great Entente in response. In the meantime, a weaker America purchases Cuba and Puerto Rico from the Spanish instead of Alaska. The year is now 1908, and peace is not to last here...

1ERCCgy.png

Status
Not open for further replies.