Alternate world Propaganda

Here are a few more of my surviving commonwealth propaganda posters.
Although not at war with France, many people in the commonwealth are weary of the French. This fear culminated in the creation of the Commonwealth Defense League, a paramilitary organisation who's prime objective was to defend the Commonwealth against Papists, France and Irish separatist. Eventually the Commonwealth government integrated the CDL in their apparatus.

sl5v0w.png

On this poster the then current and much hated king of France is depicted as his distant predecessor King Louis XIV.

9psxsg.jpg

After the Franco-German war over disputed territories, The french forced some harsh demands on the people of the German Reich. This caused a wave of pro-German sympathies in the commonwealth. As many described it as "the murder of Germany". Anti-French fervor grew and so did the fear of being attacked.

Also a quick little cheeky shameless plug for my Graphic Thread!! :D
https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=290378

More great posters Xibalba. :cool: So I assume the CDL is kinda like the Commonwealths SS and/or KGB?

Anyways, what about my question on the last page. ;)

I forgot to say this earlier, but I loved your earlier surviving Commonwealth posters, as well as the "Roundhead" website pic. :D:cool: Will you actually be writing a timeline based on that. If you need any help I may be assistance If you'd like.

Darn it, I've been trying to make Vet's 54 star flag on the poster, but I can't find a single version of a 54 star flag to use. :( Every version I shrink down looks crappy and I stink at lining up stars on the US flag myself.

Propaganda radregov 01.png

"Tired by the false promises of the unitary nation state ?
Tired by the league of traitors called the Visegrád Union ?

The solution is a return to the principles of regionalism !

JOIN US ! Forward !!! Victory shall be ours !
"

All right, this is a propaganda poster of a "Rad-Reg" Movement terrorist militia from the post-WWII era of my Sparrow Avengers universe - one of the extremist movements that my previous PSA-style poster warned about. This poster was made by a movement operating in post-unification Slovakia. Like most central European Rad-Reg militant groups, this one is in opposition to the Visegrad Union as well, seeing it as an, in their own words, 'accomplice in the restoration of the opressive nation-state empires that once reshaped this corner of Europe into a dungeon of nations'. :p :rolleyes: As you could imagine, the ATL's traditional regionalist movement, liberal and moderate in its original philosophy, views these drive-by-shooting and street-bombing hoodlums as little more than twisted aberrations of the ATL's actual regionalist philosophy. It doesn't help that the more vicious and too-far-gone Rad-Reg cells and militias have gradually incorporated ideas from the timeline's extremist movements from both the left and right spectrum. Naturally, in the wake of Rad-Reg terrorism, the ensuing public backlash against normal regionalists has left them even more bitter at the armed and mean-spirited "dissenters" (as they euphemistically call themselves)... :(

P.S. n. 1: Those peculiar small symbols are what many have dubbed "Rad-Reg Sigils" or "Rad-Reg Runes" ("ararar-s" for short in police and public parlance). In addition to the symbols made from combining two capital "R" letters, Rad-Reg militias often add a clenched fist to their versions of the symbols, in order to emphasize the paramilitary nature of their part in the whole radical movement.

P.S. n. 2: I formerly wanted to give the Slovak-language Rad-Regs Na stráž ! ("Stand guard !") as a battle cry. Then I thought it would be allegorically too on the nose or damning/Godwin-ny an allusion, since said battle cry was used in OTL by the WWII far-right government and the Hlinka Guards. :D :eek: Then I figured something similarly absolute, commanding and manifest-destiny-esque could work, so I chose Napred ! ("Forward !"). It's basically their "No surrender !" equivalent.

Last edited:
Propaganda radregov 02.png

"To strike a decisive blow to the nation state !

Your salvation :
RADICAL REGIONALISM
"

Here's another poster of the radical regionalist movement's militias. The movement has, much like actual regionalism, a fairly internationalist and universalist flavour to its ideas and principles - and this also translates into their propaganda, particularly among the central European radicals. As you can see, this poster includes the same text both in Slovak and Polish. Also, it offers a closer look at that Rad-Reg sigil that includes a fist in addition to the stylized "R" letters merged together.

BTW, similar to any other extremist or revolutionary movement, the Rad-Regs have also experienced gradual ideological splintering over the decades. As the successes of their armed campaigns slowly waned and the public perception of them grew ever more hostile, they have not only splintered based on deeper ideological lines or opinions on how to achieve their goals, but have also grown more reclusive and downright cultist in their "Us vs. Them" mentality and the near-deification of their political cause.

Last edited:
German propaganda from my timeline, the Great Stalemate. I used this as a base.

In this world, WWI ends in a stalemate, and thus the German Empire comes out of the war with new puppet states in Eastern Europe, and goes through with the foundation of the "Mittleuropa" political and economic union. This propaganda poster is from around 1935, and played on the fears of communism in Germany and her Mittleuropan puppet states at the time, with relatively powerful communist nations such as Russia and Hungary close to their borders.

The poster reads; Russia and Hungary, Could Germany and Mittleuropa be next?, Stop the Bolshevik. I used Google translate, so forgive me if I made any errors.

Germanposter.png

Here's another poster for a surviving commonwealth.
2dh8o05.jpg

Also check out the surviving commonwealth planning thread here
It's started by Zoidberg12 to flesh out a good TL, so if you have any ideas or suggestions. They are more then welcome.
On another note I could make a tutorial on how to make these poster if anyone is interested.

Wow, impressive again ! Where did you find the hand with the NMA cavalry helmet ? Is it cropped from a larger illustration ?

Vexacus

Banned
Here are a few more of my surviving commonwealth propaganda posters.
Although not at war with France, many people in the commonwealth are weary of the French. This fear culminated in the creation of the Commonwealth Defense League, a paramilitary organisation who's prime objective was to defend the Commonwealth against Papists, France and Irish separatist. Eventually the Commonwealth government integrated the CDL in their apparatus.

sl5v0w.png

On this poster the then current and much hated king of France is depicted as his distant predecessor King Louis XIV.
Is Jonathan Creek that much of a threat:D:D:D