Alternate world Propaganda

@LordVet: I don't have very many good "handwritten" fonts to make that look good, so you might have to add that part yourself, but I'll try to replace the flag for you. :)

"I married the Party"
SEE! Union Bloodlust and Depravity!
HEAR! Union plans for our country!
EXPERIENCE! The terror of ORRA!

I'm totally making that poster now. :D:p

@LordVet: I don't have very many good "handwritten" fonts to make that look good, so you might have to add that part yourself, but I'll try to replace the flag for you. :)
That's alright, and thanks for at least the flag.

I'm totally making that poster now. :D:p
Sounds like an idea.

Also new poster:
GsALpng.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm. If I live the the East I get a few coins and some overalls, but if I live in the UASR I get a bunch of packages, a cool suit, and 60% of something... easy choice.

Made some RCW 50's propaganda to kill some time.

Workers..png

Deleted member 70671

Airbrushed the background:

You know, it kinda looks like the woman holding the child on the boat has a horn. The piece of shrapnel next to her head could be a second, bigger horn or something. And now you can't unsee it.

Just out of curiosity, what's the origin of this image? It seems to me that you made an L out of the D in Conelrad's logo, but i wonder what's the context of an apparently humanitarian aid post-WW3 thing with Conelrad logos.

I totally can't unsee the horns now. :p:D

Darn it, I have a job interview tonight. I might not be able to make as many posters as usual. :(

Here's a poster i made in Illustrator for my fictional nation of Cappedonia.
It's based off a French war poster.

Great poster. :cool:

I forgot to say this earlier, but I loved your earlier surviving Commonwealth posters, as well as the "Roundhead" website pic. :D:cool: Will you actually be writing a timeline based on that. If you need any help I may be assistance If you'd like.

Another poster from my Sparrow Avengers universe, utilising the blanked-out film poster provided recently by Nap. It's for one of the interwar Slovak-language successor states in Central Europe and warns against Red Russian (Soviet/Bolshevik) agents that might be spying on the central European countries and trying to - quote - corrupt their youth into new sleeper agents, propagandists or even assasins. ;)

Propaganda proti agentom Zväzu sovietskych republík.png

"WILL WE ALLOW THEM TO TURN US INTO A PUPPET REGIME, ANOTHER 'REPUBLIC OF COUNCILS' ?! NEVER !!!!!

MAINTAIN YOUR VIGILANCE ! PROTECT YOUR DEAR CHILDREN FROM CREEPING AND SUBVERSIVE SOVIET INDOCTRINATION !

You say that the Bolsheviks are far away ?
You say that we have nothing to fear from them ?
You are bitterly mistaken !
The agents of the red barbarians lurk for every opportunity to subvert democratic pluralism and the regionalist ideals of our homeland...

The Ministry of Education, in cooperation with the Ministry of Defence, 1931"

P.S. n. 1: The Soviets of this timeline differ in many ways from the OTL ones, including the fact that there's no continuous Soviet Union, just an alliance of Russian-speaking communist countries strewn across the former Russian Empire, usually with mutual borders. The other half of former Russia is made up of a similar union of White Russian (or, in the parlance of this TL, 'Belogvardeyan') successor states. As you'd expect, both political blocks are locked in a sort of mini cold war between each other. It lasts for decades, from the official ceasefire (not armistice) at the end of a far worse ATL Russian Civil War, to the gradual dismantling of the successor regimes in favour of democracy and the reunification of Russia.

P.S. n. 2: The term 'Republic of Councils' is a word-for-word translation of the indigenous term used in Hungarian, Slovak and Czech for the earliest Soviet-style revolutionary regimes that cropped up after WWI (both in OTL and ATL). Hence, the tendency to use the expression 'Hungarian Republic of Councils', 'Bavarian Republic of Concils', etc., instead of 'Hungarian Soviet Republic', 'Bavarian Soviet Republic', etc. In OTL, with the advent of the term 'soviet republic', the original term had faded in use, and is only used by central European historians for the official names of those short-lived attempts at revolutionary regimes. In this ATL, due to the central European countries lacking USSR satellite state status after WWII, the term 'soviet' catches on only partially and 'republic of councils' remains in more widespread use.

Last edited:
Great poster. :cool:

I forgot to say this earlier, but I loved your earlier surviving Commonwealth posters, as well as the "Roundhead" website pic. :D:cool: Will you actually be writing a timeline based on that. If you need any help I may be assistance If you'd like.

Thanks! and cool, Maybe we could co-write a TL? Because I don't have any idea on how you can create a TL that's plausible but also entertaining to read.

People tend to say that there's not enough post-WWII propaganda in this thread. So, here's a PSA-style poster I made for the second half of the 20th century of my Sparrow Avengers universe.

Leták vyzývajúci na boj proti extrémizmu.png

"The worst thing is to suffer silently, tacitly, in fear. Do not allow extremists to rid you of your individual, civic and humane values. Report (them), defeat (them) !

Report the above listed symbols and insignia at your nearest police department. Extremism and terrorism can be defeated only by courage and openness.

(C) 1971 Visegrád Security Alliance, Slovak Institute for the Combating of Organised Crime"

----

Despite the post-WWII history of central Europe in my Sparrow Avengers universe not being as bad as OTL, it's no walk in the park either. The symbols displayed on the poster in an appropriately menacing, ominous red, represent (clockwise, from the top left) falangism, integralism, radical regionalism, fascism and communism.

While the others are pretty straight-forward, radical regionalism obviously needs a bit of explanation : Since regionalism as a political philosophy and movement was one of the main moving forces behind the timeline, and greatly influenced the ATL pre-WWI central Europe and the ATL interwar period as a whole, its success was bound to bring forth some negatives as well. In this particular case, when the central European successor states started to reunite after WWII, certain old-fashioned or neophyte regionalist stalwarts greatly disliked the idea. These hardcore regionalist groups, advocating fervently against the very concept of unitarian nation states, were fairly quickly pushed out of mainstream political discourse during the 1950s. While most of these dissenters gave it a rest, several soldiered on by founding new political parties and gradually radicalising over time. By the end of the 1950s, certain extremist branches of the 'Rad-Regs' - a nickname they earned in popular colloquial parlance - took their 'glorious neo-regionalist struggle' even further. What started as loud and violent demonstrations became an armed terrorist campaign, backed by similar criminal groups, sympathisers and foreign regimes abroad. The countries of the Visegrad Union, despite their post-WWII successes and growth, entered a new era of fear and paranoia, as decentralised Rad-Reg terrorist cells repeatedly attempted to disrupt the political and social order as much as possible, and return the central European countries to the interwar status quo (or take the regionalist balkanisation ideals even further)...

To get an idea of what these locos-in-the-cocos are like, imagine a blend of Northern Irish and Cold War era FRG terrorist movements. Despite the main focus of my TL being the interwar years, one of the next posters from my timeline will come from the same period of the 20th century as this one. And it will feature the other side's opinions, so get ready for some kooky rhetoric of trigger-happy, balaclava-wearing Rad-Reg 'dissenters'. ;)

Last edited:
I'm back, guys! No second job for me yet. :p Nice poster, Petike! I'm glad to see people using my blanks.
Good to see you back.

I'll try to get an altered version of the space poster up later today. :cool:

And I just noticed this new poster. I love it. :D
Thanks.

Wasn't sure what exactly the Union would try and say to convince the CoCaro to stay out of it (or even if they would, come to think of it). But I felt it worked.

Had to extend Hit...I mean, "Steeles" mustache a bit to make sure Joe has a big mustache.

Here are a few more of my surviving commonwealth propaganda posters.
Although not at war with France, many people in the commonwealth are weary of the French. This fear culminated in the creation of the Commonwealth Defense League, a paramilitary organisation who's prime objective was to defend the Commonwealth against Papists, France and Irish separatist. Eventually the Commonwealth government integrated the CDL in their apparatus.

sl5v0w.png

On this poster the then current and much hated king of France is depicted as his distant predecessor King Louis XIV.

9psxsg.jpg

After the Franco-German war over disputed territories, The french forced some harsh demands on the people of the German Reich. This caused a wave of pro-German sympathies in the commonwealth. As many described it as "the murder of Germany". Anti-French fervor grew and so did the fear of being attacked.