Hammer's, Sickle's, and Mushroom Clouds. the Story of the Reverse Cold War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then it's on like Donkey Kong! :D

"Wha'cha talking bout Orman?"

Faddey Trepov to Orman Rovelle Brussels. in a dream.

Yes, it is on like Donkey Kong, Premier Orman Brussells says so!

and also, remember.

"The last person to piss off Orman Rovelle fucking Brussells commited suicide in a bunker under Paris!"

Meant to make this earlier, but here it is, the French Army, of course, defeated since 1945. I made them a infobox.

And if anyone remembers, I mentioned Jean de Lattre de Tassigny in a brief snipit earlier, as he's the most famous French General from WW2 in OTL, I made him the French Erwin Rommel (I mean, the French's Rommel, even through Rommel himself exsists)

attachment.php

Speaking of France, here's the flag of the newly independent American puppet state, South France (East Germany analouge), the North's flag is the plain tricolour.

attachment.php

Meant to make this earlier, but here it is, the French Army, of course, defeated since 1945. I made them a infobox.

And if anyone remembers, I mentioned Jean de Lattre de Tassigny in a brief snipit earlier, as he's the most famous French General from WW2 in OTL, I made him the French Erwin Rommel (I mean, the French's Rommel, even through Rommel himself exsists)
The translation should be Grande Armée de l'Etat de la France. There's no "of the" in French.

Wouldn't a Communist America be more in line with the popular front and Internationale rather than a Stalinist system. That's about the only truly ASB thing a see here, also the world just lets Japan run wild and untamed in conquering the pacific lol, what's gonna happen to China?

Wouldn't a Communist America be more in line with the popular front and Internationale rather than a Stalinist system. That's about the only truly ASB thing a see here, also the world just lets Japan run wild and untamed in conquering the pacific lol, what's gonna happen to China?

Realistically I guess, im not sure through, but Communist America is supposed to be pretty much exactly like the USSR for the TL, as it's the Reverse Cold WAar. so.

and yeah, they let Japan run wild because of other troubles, Japan really didn't piss off any of them too much to cause war through, through Japan will eventually get it's match, eventually.

whitecrow

Banned
I've certainly heard of that one before. At any rate, their immediate future looks quite a bit better since most of their potential adversaries are being occupied by Germany. This gives them a vested interest in the Germans staying in Africa as long as possible; ergo, they'll be answering to Moscow for the time being.

You know, now that I think about it, this Cold War will be starting in earnest once the Germans (and British and Portuguese) leave their African colonies; at that point, a lot of them will start courting American support in order to crush Israel underfoot, the UASR will cut deals to extract resources and gain exclusive access to their markets, and things will just get a lot more interesting.
OTL, despite Israel being disliked by its Arab neighbors, not all Arab countries became Soviet allies. Likewise here, I would expect post-independence African nations to be split between pro-American and pro-Russo-German states (with shifting allegiances depending on regime changes and which of the superpowers offers the best deal to the person in charge) that would all hate Israel (OTL pro-Western Arab states like Jordan and Saudi Arabia either went to war directly or sent troops against Israel at some point).

(And while we are on the topic of ATL Israel and potential UASR support for African regimes – can you imagine Malcolm X as a UASR military advisor in Africa :eek:)
<ul>Australia's in a serious bind if that UASR-Japan alliance happens, since they're sitting ducks for bombers operating out of the East Indies, and Moscow lacks the navy to protect them. Their only choice may be to compete with Japan for American favor. That would be a dicey game indeed.
Why does Russia lack the navy to protect them? Russia in this world captured Congo and Mozambique. If Russia can send ships there, I don’t see why sending ships to defend Australia is out of the question.

Now a question for MissWhatsittoya – what is the “Finland” of this world?

OTL, despite Israel being disliked by its Arab neighbors, not all Arab countries became Soviet allies. Likewise here, I would expect post-independence African nations to be split between pro-American and pro-Russo-German states (with shifting allegiances depending on regime changes and which of the superpowers offers the best deal to the person in charge) that would all hate Israel (OTL pro-Western Arab states like Jordan and Saudi Arabia either went to war directly or sent troops against Israel at some point).

Well, of course there'd be a split between pro-Moscow and pro-Washington African nations - that's why we're calling this a war and not a walkover. Still, the UASR has the advantage of not being tied to the colonial regimes that the Africans are trying to replace, which certainly helps.

(And while we are on the topic of ATL Israel and potential UASR support for African regimes – can you imagine Malcolm X as a UASR military advisor in Africa :eek:)

POD was early 1900's, so butterflies mean Malcom X shouldn't have been born.

Why does Russia lack the navy to protect them? Russia in this world captured Congo and Mozambique. If Russia can send ships there, I don’t see why sending ships to defend Australia is out of the question.

Because they'd have to cross thousands of miles of hostile Pacific? This would only be relevant in the context of a Nippon-Australian war, in which case the Russians would have to contest the entire west side of the Pacific Rim against the Japanese. Keep in mind too that Russia is, by necessity, a land power; they lack good ports, and the lack of good river transport inside Russia siphons away a lot of capital that could have otherwise gone into shipbuilding. If Moscow wanted to keep Japan from overrunning Australia, then there's no reason for them to try supplying an army a fifth of the way across the world when they can just invade Manchuria and force a settlement there, hence Tokyo's desire for a rapport with the UASR. If they've got that, then Canberra is screwed.

whitecrow

Banned
Well, of course there'd be a split between pro-Moscow and pro-Washington African nations - that's why we're calling this a war and not a walkover. Still, the UASR has the advantage of not being tied to the colonial regimes that the Africans are trying to replace, which certainly helps.
It's just that the way you phrased it, it sounded like you thought all post-colonial African states will become pro-Communist rather than "we're calling this a war and not a walkover". And you are forgetting that Russia, just like USA OTL, can also be an anti-colonial power that pressures other European nations to give freedom to their African colonies.
POD was early 1900's, so butterflies mean Malcom X shouldn't have been born.
I wouldn't count him out.
Because they'd have to cross thousands of miles of hostile Pacific? This would only be relevant in the context of a Nippon-Australian war, in which case the Russians would have to contest the entire west side of the Pacific Rim against the Japanese. Keep in mind too that Russia is, by necessity, a land power; they lack good ports, and the lack of good river transport inside Russia siphons away a lot of capital that could have otherwise gone into shipbuilding. If Moscow wanted to keep Japan from overrunning Australia, then there's no reason for them to try supplying an army a fifth of the way across the world when they can just invade Manchuria and force a settlement there, hence Tokyo's desire for a rapport with the UASR. If they've got that, then Canberra is screwed.
Actually, you bring up a good point -- if Japan went after Australia and Russia wanted to interfere, then Russian bombers are within striking range of Japanese home islands. If Japan + UASR form an alliance and go after Australia which is still friends with Russia, then it's WW3.

I can say, people born after the POD won't nessacarily not be born, this is a Reverse Cold War afterall, pretty of famlier OTL faces have already appeard, and will appear.

The Live of a French Citizen. Occupation Period.

"Honey, we must go"

"Why Luc my dear?"

"The Americans want our shop, they say they need to confiscate it for "International Purposes"

Just then, a American soldier walks up to the two

"HALT, Show me your Idenification cards"

"What identification cards?"

"This Identification card"

The American soldiers punches the French man, knocking him out cold, he then drags the woman into a alley, they are not seen from again, but a girl's scream and crying can be heard on the quiet street, no one rushes to her help sadly.

OOC: Yes, Sometimes I want to do deeper story pieces.... not just my regular update style updates.

Causes of the Italian War, Snipit from the History of the Cold War (1998)

OOC: Here's a little snipit for what the 1950's will bring, Just to keep you guys excited.

The causes of the Italian War that started in 1950 can be retributed to many things, the background is deep within World War II, Italy was invaded late in the war from two sides, the South in Sicilly by the UASR, and in the North by Russo-German forces, as the Italian monarchy was deposed in 1946, the division was intended to be temporary, and free and fair elections to be held in 1948. However.... The failure to hold free elections throughout the Italian Peninsula in 1948 deepened the division between the two sides; the South established a communist government, while the North established a nominally democratic government. The 38th parallel increasingly became a political border between the two Italian states. Although reunification negotiations continued in the months preceding the war, tension intensified. Cross-border skirmishes and raids at the 38th Parallel persisted. The situation escalated into open warfare when South Italian forces invaded North Italy on 25 June 1950. In 1950, the American Union boycotted the Council of Nations Security Council, in protest at oppression of Communist groups in Bulgaria, which was still occupied in 1950. In the absence of a dissenting voice from the America Union, who could have vetoed it, Russia and other countries passed a Security Council resolution authorizing military intervention in Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.