Map Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, there are more Romanians and Moroccans in Spain than British people.

Admittedly given I don't speak Spanish and the layout of the site being difficult I'm not sure what the 2011 Census says (does the Spanish Census record ethnicity?), but from the source I used, which I've not had any trouble with except for certain places most would, I got;

British - 821,000
Arab/Maghrebi - 608,000
Romanian - 65,000*

*This is as far as I can tell considered to be non-Roma Romanians, the Roma population, which includes the Gitano, other Kale Romani and the Romanian Romani are all classified as a seperate group and combined have a population of 748,000.

If we're going to be technical, I believe the Swedish Finns should count as a 'national minority', since theirs has the status of a recognised national minority language, along with Sami, Romani, Meänkieli (Tornedal Finnish), and Yiddish. That's the closest thing to being a recognised minority there is, since Swedish law does not recognise ethnicity.

Yeah, I actually started off intending to do largest minority in general, but then when I got to Spain I changed course, though if we use the same criteria as everywhere else I guess it should be shown as Russian.

Goldstein

Banned
Admittedly given I don't speak Spanish and the layout of the site being difficult I'm not sure what the 2011 Census says (does the Spanish Census record ethnicity?), but from the source I used, which I've not had any trouble with except for certain places most would, I got;

British - 821,000
Arab/Maghrebi - 608,000
Romanian - 65,000*

*This is as far as I can tell considered to be non-Roma Romanians, the Roma population, which includes the Gitano, other Kale Romani and the Romanian Romani are all classified as a seperate group and combined have a population of 748,000.

Using 2012 data from the INE (the Spanish National Institute of Statistics) website, there were 896,000 Romanians, 783,000 Moroccans and 398,000 British in Spain.
AFAIK, the INE doesn't count how many of those Romanians are ethnic Roma, though I've seen from various sources that their number is estimated around 50,000.

http://www.ine.es/prensa/np710.pdf

British - 821,000
Arab/Maghrebi - 608,000
Romanian - 65,000*

What are Roma Romanians and non-Roma Romanians? As far as I know both groups have nothing to do with eachother.

Using 2012 data from the INE (the Spanish National Institute of Statistics) website, there were 896,000 Romanians, 783,000 Moroccans and 398,000 British in Spain.
AFAIK, the INE doesn't count how many of those Romanians are ethnic Roma, though I've seen from various sources that their number is estimated around 50,000.

http://www.ine.es/prensa/np710.pdf

Hm, ok, I'll change it, I do generally prefer National Statistics Agencies results over anything else.

What are Roma Romanians and non-Roma Romanians? As far as I know both groups have nothing to do with eachother.

Roma Romanians being Roma who were previously living in Romania and non-Roma Romanians being, well Romanians.

Isn't the biggest minority in the Netherlands the Frisians? And after that Indonesians?
Interesting map nonetheless

Do you have the basemap of this world? So without the red lines etc. Maybe in worlda?

I used this topographic/bathymetric map to find the new sea levels.

image2fpw.png

Then cleaned it up into this by selecting all the pixels with ocean colours, (including those new ocean colours at low elevations) painting them white, then selecting all the pixels with land colours (including those new land colours in the Mediterranean), painting them black, then getting the border between them with 'find all edges'. Your favourite image editing software might have something similar, I'm working off a very old copy of Paint Shop Pro.

image1eha.png

Then used this map in the same projection to get our current borders. The red lines are one of the parts I'm not too happy with, so I'm going to try and grab some better borders from this image again.

image4bm.png

Something sort of quick. A different WWI ending (different guy in White House and no Red Revolution in Hungary) means that AH survives as a loose federation, and then makes quite a comeback...

Bruce

GrowthofDanubia.png

I'm thinking of writing an epic poem, or a story about a vagabond/bard, who sails to an island, named Kullamaa, where every clan/family has at least one chest full of gold artefacts. Haven't done language/dialect, and tribe/ethnic maps yet. Any critique for the maps?

Kullamaa - All Maps.png

Independent Northeast Brasil, under the name "Pernambucan Popular Democratic Republic".

Imperial Brasilian (as in Brasil is the Empire of Brasil) Uruguay. Dutch control of all the Guianas. Colombia annexes that little black country near Maracaibo in NW Venezuela.

There are some ideas.

Independent Northeast Brasil, under the name "Pernambucan Popular Democratic Republic".

Imperial Brasilian (as in Brasil is the Empire of Brasil) Uruguay. Dutch control of all the Guianas. Colombia annexes that little black country near Maracaibo in NW Venezuela.

There are some ideas.

I had an idea that Northeast Brazil could be an American Territory, but couldn't figure out how to get that done. Bolivia was able to keep access to the Pacific. And I want to shrink down Brazil.

I think Mr. BoJangles has already decided that's a German colony.
... You know me too well.

Status
Not open for further replies.