Map Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did the French get Algeria, or Indochina, or Britain Egypt, or a million other parallelisms considering those events happened IOTL due to a very specific set of circumstances that simply isn't going to be replicated in ITTL with such a huge divergence. And yet here we are.

Well...that has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

Randomcustommap4.png

Just another random worlda in progress.

Randomcustommap4.png

Does anyone have a map of Europe / the World after Germany invaded the Sudetenland, but before the rest of Czechoslovakia?

Lovely map Bruce, but I'd like to point out something that everyone seems to have missed.
Your map must be set during an era in your timeline with roughly modern (20th century) technology.
I do hope that they don't disqualify your map for that, but it's still a bit of an issue. Won't matter much, of course, if my own isn't finished in time...

Lovely map Bruce, but I'd like to point out something that everyone seems to have missed.
I do hope that they don't disqualify your map for that, but it's still a bit of an issue. Won't matter much, of course, if my own isn't finished in time...

There was one before that should have be disqualified but won in a landslide victory.

My God...A Khazar wank, and it's even realistic!

And Magyars in the Middle East! Hope they make it, even if it's just as an ethnic group in the Caucusus.

a) Canada, not expanding westwards but still Britain's favorite child. Currently the most independent dominion the British have.
Not crazy about that name...

Small Texas is independent, yes, but the current interim goverment is so incompenent, the US is thinking about annexing the place...
:mad::p
Maranhão Grande, sub-kingdom of Portugal, is slowly becoming too strong for the metropole again... Soon Portugal might declare independence.
That's... ironic.
Paraguay, even better than Prussia ITTL.
In what regard? :confused:
Norway lucked out in it's independence process. While Denmark lost its Caribbean possesions to Sweden and Greenland to the UK, the Norwegians got Iceland and the Faroers. Probably also the most peaceful and isolationist place in Europe at the moment.
Wow. Don't see many Denmark-screws. :D
The Crown Colony of New Zealand. Yes, Crown Colony. Emperor-Of-New-Zealand did this once, too and he is a Kiwi himself.
Don't gotta justify it to us... :p

Wow. Don't see many Denmark-screws. :D
It's kind of limited what's left to screw, considering OTL. Still, I wouldn't actually call that a Denmark-screw. Losing Norway is OTL, and the rest aren't really big deals. Greenland is just a drain on the coffers (not that I begrudge us sending money their way in OTL, considering that we did muck things up in the first place.), and I doubt Iceland is of much use either. As far as I know, the Danish West Indies weren't that profitable either, so losing them to Sweden isn't that big a deal.

At the same time, Slesvig has been separated from Holstein it looks like, which might just mean that Denmark keeps the whole thing. Especially if a desire to regain lost ground on the outside means internal "expansion" and reform. While Slesvig was pretty much split in two in regards to language, it should be possible to make the whole place generally Danish if an effort is put into securing the "frontier". Considering the other losses, that doesn't seem entirely unlikely. The Danevirke border was almost mythological, so the thought of "the enemy" being on this side of the fortifications might convince the Danes to attempt to assimilate southern Slesvig. Obviously, you do have the problem of the Germans having a giant state to the south that will probably intervene if the Danes are too forceful.

Perhaps this much reduced Denmark would get a guarantee like the Belgian one, to ensure that no power took it over and got the ability to close the Baltic? A largely anti-German policy to be honest, but it should be in the interest of both the British and the Russians. In return, Denmark should only follow a policy of well-armed neutrality. Of course this doesn't have to happen, but I don't thinks its entirely unreasonable.

So yeah, all in all this doesn't really have to be a Denmark screw. In time, when the EEZ* have to be defined, you have a pretty good shot at the Danes getting a better deal than OTL as well, considering the OTL deal greatly favored Norway. At which point you have a slightly larger Denmark than OTL, with no overseas dependencies to send money to and more oil than the Norwegians have in OTL, while having spend the last 100+ years reforming and restrengthening the nation from within. Sounds alright doesn't it?

I guess my point is, losing territory doesn't have to be that bad, particularly not colonial money pits. Especially if this loss then leads to reforms back home.

I guess my point is, losing territory doesn't have to be that bad, particularly not colonial money pits. Especially if this loss then leads to reforms back home.

Ah yes, what we found out back in 1720. I never thought I'd say this, but thank you for Fredrikssten. By shooting our king (I shan't go into the debate over who actually shot him), you laid the foundations for the most well-functioning democracy (until the year 1986) in the world.

That would've been a doozy.

The 3 different maps... for 3 different levels of National Assembly? Is this how the Weimar Republic government was set up OTL?

Basically, at the level of each electoral district, every full 100.000 (originally 60.000) votes for a party wins it a seat. The excess votes are transferred up to the electoral district associations, and the excess votes from there are transferred up to the national level.

Status
Not open for further replies.