Map Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still using Tacos. I didn't get the best of reactions from the first map, but I always tend to promise a series and not deliver, so let us break that habit!

One thing that I find rather nice are the claim lines in South America. I just like them for some reason.

I also really like the Portuguese Mexico. :cool:

I think that the Ottoman Empire* should be split up into Dominions and Protectorates so that a sense of autonomy is felt and so that nationalism doesn't start popping up so early.

One thing that I find rather nice are the claim lines in South America. I just like them for some reason.

I also really like the Portuguese Mexico. :cool:

I think that the Ottoman Empire* should be split up into Dominions and Protectorates so that a sense of autonomy is felt and so that nationalism doesn't start popping up so early.

That's kinda funny, because that's my third revision of them and I still find them ugly. :D

Thanks. It's mostly Reformed*, just so you know.

Oh, don't worry, the Mongols ain't gonna be doing so well in a hundred years. "Sick man of Europe" Will be describing them just swell. Of course, when oil becomes a powerful commodity, they will be making some sort of comeback...

Krall

Banned
The central Leeward Islands are quite interesting. They aren't as small as the Virgin Islands, whom they're separated from by the Anegada Passage, and not as big as Guadeloupe and Dominica, whom they are separated form by the Guadeloupe Passage. These islands have been, for most of post-Colombian history, under French, British and Dutch rule. I thought it would be nice to unite them. Eventually I settled on a Fiji-like country: a dominion, with a lot of Hindi speakers thanks to plantation workers and whatnot from British India.

And so, I present to you the Dominion of Keribiyana:

I like the scenario, but the map is rather bland. Do you think you could add some details like cities and roads?

A fairly random map (oh noes! :eek: ), based off an old map challenge which nobody ever responded to:

Super Poland, Scotland, Netherlands, Mongolia, and Turkey

Done for fun, and with some ideas stolen from a couple of our master mapmakers.

Bruce

SeveralWanks.png

A map of North America from a FBWI I made. Set in 2031 after the collapse of the USA.

The response about how you should not have used OTL state borders so exactly in your map made me think of this:

From the North bank of the Colorado River and the West bank of the Mississippi to the Westernmost limits of the Missouri River water system - "Missouri"

From the South bank of the Colorado River, South to the US-Mexico border, as far East as the Western bank of the Mississippi, and also including all of California to the South of San Francisco Bay (the area serviced by the man-made water supply route beginning with the Colorado River Aqueduct) - "Colorado"

From the North bank of San Francisco Bay to the North bank of the Colorado River, as far East as the Westernmost limits of the Missouri River water system - "The Rockies"

From the East bank of the Mississippi as far South as the border of Kentucky and West Virginia, following the Great Lakes basin in Northern Pennsylvania and Upstate New York all the way to the border with Vermont - "The Great Lakes"

"New England"

Everything East of the Mississippi, South of the Midwest, and West of New England - "The United States"

Which is just to say, there are many ways to use natural borders to decide on the location and extent of polities.

A fairly random map (oh noes! :eek: ), based off an old map challenge which nobody ever responded to:

Bruce
Are all the tan countries independent, or are there other colonial empires present (e.g. English, French, Spanish...)?

Are all the tan countries independent, or are there other colonial empires present (e.g. English, French, Spanish...)?

Other colonial empires, yes; I just made 'em all light tan so the wanked nations would stand out a bit better.

Bruce

It's not a Scottish wank unless they have Cumbria and Northumbria!

I assumed PODs no earlier than the late 1300s/early 1400s, by which time it's really getting a bit hard to properly scotticize those areas. Keeping the English out of the Old Country is going to be enough of a pain without giving them a massive irredenta.

Bruce

A WIP that i'm posting to ask a question. Does Jacksonville look fine on this map?
Fun Fact: Tallahassee was only founded as a city because it was roughly equidistant from St. Augustine and Pensacola (the Capitals of East Florida and West Florida, respectively) and therefore was created to be the Capital of Florida. Unless Florida was originally a state for a long time before the POD, Tallahassee wouldn't exist.

Edit: Ah, I just realized your post was connected to something else. Carry on.

Last edited:
The central Leeward Islands are quite interesting. They aren't as small as the Virgin Islands, whom they're separated from by the Anegada Passage, and not as big as Guadeloupe and Dominica, whom they are separated form by the Guadeloupe Passage. These islands have been, for most of post-Colombian history, under French, British and Dutch rule. I thought it would be nice to unite them. Eventually I settled on a Fiji-like country: a dominion, with a lot of Hindi speakers thanks to plantation workers and whatnot from British India.

And so, I present to you the Dominion of Keribiyana:

So that's what... St Kitts & Nevis and Antigua & Barbuda are the only OTL countries... then there's Anguilla, St Martin/Sint Maarten, the Netherlands Antilles of Saba and I forget the third of the NL Ant... Saint E-something. And Montserrat. Did I get all of 'em?

So that's what... St Kitts & Nevis and Antigua & Barbuda are the only OTL countries... then there's Anguilla, St Martin/Sint Maarten, the Netherlands Antilles of Saba and I forget the third of the NL Ant... Saint E-something. And Montserrat. Did I get all of 'em?

Saint-Eustasius IIRC.

Bruce

The Jagellion Dynasty wails at the lack of a Polish Hungary

Post Apocalyptic Oklahoma

5021 AD

The Okehomah Coastline

A Place where the wind comes sweeping down the plains and the Hydrogen sulfide has subsided enough for a port city to thrive and build a small kingdom.

Feel free to ask questions.

Kingdom of Okemah.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.