Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of comments: Brazil is not Moslem. The Philippines share practically nothing with Indonesia. Your European regions seem... arbitrary at best. There's probably a lot more.

Actually I began to run low on the colour options, and I guessed that people would assume that since it was a different hemisphere/continent that it a different nation. But I will try to fix it.

Last edited:
Is that supposed to be an FH map, alternatehistorybuff? Why are Alaska and the Canadian Artcic part of the Chinese union? I also think you need a better base map... might I suggest Wikipedia (well, technically Wikimedia Commons which is the image repository)? That or the Blank Map Thread here.

Actually I began to run low on the colour options, and I guessed that people would assume that since it was a different hemisphere/continent that it a different nation. But I will try to fix it.

Phew. You had me worried there for a sec. I thought you were gonna say say China invaded Alaska, to which I'd reply, yeah I played Fallout 3 too isn't it freaking AWESOME :D:D.

REDO.

MAP.png

After thinking, I think this is more of a Future History Map. Aw well. Anyways, after thinking I decided to give the areas name.

The Artic Tribal Union.
The United Sates of Camerica.
The Free State of Quebec.
Greater Latin America.
Brazil.
The Islamic Empire.
Isreal.
The South African Republic.
The Franco Spaniard Union.
United British Isles.
Italy.
Greater Germany.
Scandinavian Confederation.
Russian Republic.
Balkan Federation.
Greece.
India.
Chinese Union.
Pacific Island Nations.
Austrazealand.
Philippines.
The Federated States of Japan and Korea.

MAP.png

Last edited:
Still has issues, though. What does a West African country such as Senegal have in common with a Central Asian country like Uzbekistan? What makes an Alaskan different from a Texan? How can a Frenchman and a Spaniard be so closely related but not Italy? Why would an Albanian put up with a Serb? etc.

Still has issues, though. What does a West African country such as Senegal have in common with a Central Asian country like Uzbekistan? What makes an Alaskan different from a Texan? How can a Frenchman and a Spaniard be so closely related but not Italy? Why would an Albanian put up with a Serb? etc.

Some I can answer. I based the idea off of cultural, religiouse, lingual similarities.

In both Senegal and Uzbekistan, Islam is the majority.

Alaska and Northern Canada were seperated from other parts of North America due to the Inuit culture.

Now the last two do make a little sence I guess.

Another (Better) map. Had the United States and Russia gone to war with nuclear weapons. Soon after it became a free for all, and all nations with nuclear weapons laucnhes at their enemies. The areas in Maroon are areas unihabiatable due to radiation years after the war.

MAP COLD WAR.png

MAP COLD WAR.png

Sort of an “atompunk” world in which the ‘Soviet Block’ is a reality,
Europe and the US are joined far more closely together in the spirit of
“hang together, or hang separately”, there never was a Vietnam war,
the British have their own space program, and a more Gandhian India
leads a mostly third-world block of nations that wishes a plague on
both houses…

AtomicPunk2.png

Last edited:
I know it's not the greatest but eh.

Had the Axis powers consisted of Germany, Italy, Japan AND The Soviet Union. The war drags on for much longer, and eventually the Germans and the Japanese create Atomic Weapons. This is the map that follows the remaining allies surrender.

LEGEND.

Black = Germany and it's territories.
Red = USSR and it's territories.
Orange = Italy and it's territories.
Yellow = Japan and it's territories.
Pink = Puppet States.
Green = Independent States.
Blue Dots = Atomic bombings by Germany.
Purple Dots = Atomic bombings by Japan.

BASE MAP WW2 axis.png

BASE MAP WW2 axis.png

Bored...took Qazaq's maps and put them together, then started doing what seemed right...small bit of that map, showing Indian subcontinent. Maybe I'll post the whole thing if it ever gets finished, there's no real POD or anything, just kinda messing around and such.

India.png

Lingual or Cultural or Religiouse. If you look at the names of the nations, you could see some reasons why I chose certain areas.

I think the point he was trying to make is that Argentina and Russia have as little in common as Uzbekistan and Senegal.

Culturally, I bet Argentina and Russia are even more similar.

Generic "WI the Confederate States wins the Civil War" map. (The POD is actually a little bit before the Civil War.)

usa.jpg

Cool map, I especailly like how the south returned to the Union slowly in the mid 1900's. What are some of the names for the different states though (BR, SH, LI, CO, KN, SA) and why did Mississippi split?

Status
Not open for further replies.