Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the exact point I was making, with added vitriol. I'm not sure what you're saying here.

All I'm saying is that if a person who is a tyrant Communist African dictator who obviously wasn't born in the United States was to become President, then clearly the people ought to rise up against him and overthrow him.

All I'm saying is that if a person who is a tyrant Communist African dictator who obviously wasn't born in the United States was to become President, then clearly the people ought to rise up against him and overthrow him.

Indeed - I'm unsure how this would be gone about if he has the entire American security apparatus at his disposal, but I don't disagree with a word of what you're saying.

The Tethys Emergency is an ongoing insurgency against the federal government of the United States of America and the Commonwealth of Ithaca on the Saturnian world of Ithaca by a loose federation of indigenous and aborigine forces. The most prominent rebel factions include the (unrecognized) nations of Gudovac, Pavljani and Puncec, the Communist-backed People's Liberation Army, the Huntsman of Mintoski terrorist organization and an alliance of anti-American orcish strongholds. The Emergency began in 2131 with a series of terrorist attacks undertaken by the Huntsman, followed up by the declaration of independence of Gudovac, Pavljani and Puncec, and it was originally a rather low-key insurgency as the Ariyoshi and Harlan-White administrations wanted to avoid another Io. However, in 2133, with the inauguration of Benjamin G. Thurman, things took a turn. Thurman sought to stamp out any rebellion against the United States on the frontier, and with former Io commanding general Humphrey Coleman as his Secretary of Civil Defense, he took a hardline against the aborigine insurgents. Under Thurman, hundreds of thousands of Minutemen--many of them hardened veterans of Io and the Mutiny--were redeployed to Tethys and Ithaca to stamp out the rebellion. The mountainous terrain of Ithaca has hampered attempts to suppress the rebellion, and while things haven't gotten out of hand as they did on Io, the ongoing strain and stress of extended counter-insurgency operations have begun to show on many units, while D.C. is putting pressure on local commanders to finally end the rebellion ahead of the 2136 presidential election.

bG9ESdm.png

Don't fuck with Uncle Sam, kiddies.

He fucks back.

CNyh6No.gif

Io 2.0, I see.

Not enough bodies forgotten in mass graves for it to be Io. Yet.

Ick. The Orcish Defense Pact uses an ancap version of the Gadsden Flag.

Most Americanized orcs use some form of the Gadsden flag. Here, the gold represents morning light and Saturn, while black the fertile top soil. Or something. I'm just spitballing here.

The start of a new set of (probably ASB) ATL infoboxes I'm doing.

Basically the POD is that the Tory right lauches a coup against Heath after he loses the February 1974 election and Sir Keith Joseph succeeds him (in TTL he 'converts' to monetarism and makes his gaffe about the poor while party leader). The public infighting between wets and dries weakens the party's public profile, and they lose more ground in a November election, losing more seats to Labour, the Liberals and the SNP. The result in the short-term is a Labour government with a workable majority of 61, Joseph's removal as Tory leader, and a much rockier ride for the right of the party.

(I realize the swing to Labour and year of the Tory leadership election are wrong but I can't be bothered to go back and change it; the former should be a 4.9% swing, the latter should say 30th April 1974.)

Wikipedia Trolling 24.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.