Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2041, the Democrat and Republican parties have fallen and new parties have risen to take their place. One of which was the Technocratic Party of America.

The Technocratic Party is one of the larger parties to rise in the new political landscape. The left-wing nature of the party is what draws more people to the polls for them, to contrast the former conservative nature of the US. The Techonocratic Party of America opposes the Transhumanist party.

JUhBUJ5.png

Parties of the US
Transhumanist Party

I'm not quite sure how a timeline in which the United Kingdom is dissolved can be considered a wank for anyone other than the Scottish Nationalists...

I mean, if anything, this looks like a deliberate subversion of the whole wank genre. Everything starts out looking so promising and triumphant for the Tories. They get the Fixed Term Parliaments Act repealed, increase their majority, everything looks good. And a few years down they line, they're presiding over the humiliating amputation of their own nation...

I'm not quite sure how a timeline in which the United Kingdom is dissolved can be considered a wank for anyone other than the Scottish Nationalists...

I mean, if anything, this looks like a deliberate subversion of the whole wank genre. Everything starts out looking so promising and triumphant for the Tories. They get the Fixed Term Parliaments Act repealed, increase their majority, everything looks good. And a few years down they line, they're presiding over the humiliating amputation of their own nation...

There's something in this. They have to stuff the Lords to get it, but the incongruity of the Tories stuffing the Lords as Asquith threatened means the pressure for reform forces a reform into a Senate on the same lines as the 2011 reform bill - election by thirds, once per Parliament, but with an all-out election in 2021 rather than a phased introduction.

I should say to anyone who thinks the idea of Tory hegemony terrible, it's meant to be a very liberal Tory party (what did Cameron call it, 'one nation Tory'?) balancing a populist uber-UKIP and core-vote-chasing Labour opposition. Indeed it's meant to be my kind of Tory party - a me-wank!

I should say to anyone who thinks the idea of Tory hegemony terrible, it's meant to be a very liberal Tory party (what did Cameron call it, 'one nation Tory'?) balancing a populist uber-UKIP and core-vote-chasing Labour opposition. Indeed it's meant to be my kind of Tory party - a me-wank!
Nevertheless, I'm thankful Plaid Cymru is doing well. Hopefully we (as in Wales) can get out of that crazy UK sharp-ish. :p

And wait, populist uber-UKIP? Started by Douglas Carswell, the classical liberal?

Why is the Orange Free State's flag the one used while it was independent and the Transvaal's from while it was under British rule?

Orange Free State is in a confederation led by South Africa. It is just the two of them, but the Orange Free State is technically still independent, and South Africa protects it. Transvaal on the other hand is a Dominion of the British Empire, as the Portuguese had been blackmailed by the French to let them sit boats in their harbours in the early stages of the war. It officially became a Dominion and adopted that flag in 1896, but had joined the war at the same time as South Africa and the Orange Free State did.

Thande

Donor
I do like (as in 'find plausible') the idea of Labour changing its colour to rebrand after defeats as the ultimate manifestation of misplaced 'we keep losing because people hate anything that smacks of, er, everything we're meant to stand for' thinking. They'd probably change the rose logo as well, but I suppose it wouldn't be as big a wham moment for us to see the infobox in a different colour then.

I do like (as in 'find plausible') the idea of Labour changing its colour to rebrand after defeats as the ultimate manifestation of misplaced 'we keep losing because people hate anything that smacks of, er, everything we're meant to stand for' thinking. They'd probably change the rose logo as well, but I suppose it wouldn't be as big a wham moment for us to see the infobox in a different colour then.

Would they even keep the name at that point?

Tory-wank. It has structure (which is probably lost without any text)

This kinda explains the 'Corbyn destroys Labour for evermore' infobox you did before. As a committed Labour-wanker, I will produce something of equal and opposite magnitude! :p

(On a side note, I really can't see a government which allows Scotland to secede being re-elected with an increased majority.)

(Remarkable disunity with Labour imploding could plausibly do it).

Plausible but unlikely. Labour doesn't have Trotskyites or Bennites affecting it agenda, and thr left have a tendency to swallow their pride these days. Plus, if Scotland secedes the government (i.e. the Tories) would be blamed for allowing it, and the words 'Prime Minister Hove' can only be met with rabid foaming hatred.

Come to think of it when did we last have three governments in succession that lasted a decade or more? The Tories need to win in 2020 to make happen (if they lose they'll have fallen short by a few days).

Bio-conservatism and Techno-progressivism. Very new ideologies for a new era.

What time is this infobox 'set'?

The infoboxes are set at the eve of the primaries for the 2068 U.S. elections. It's been 14 years since the last of the water riots, but new protests have marked what many pundits have begun to call the "Synthetics' Rights Movement."

Anyways, updated the American Moderates Party and one of the opposition parties, the Municipal Party (formerly the Urban Conservatives, then Urban Party). Note that there have been four new states added to the Union. Puerto Rico, New York City (YC), Columbia (still commonly abbreviated as DC), and Santa Clara (SA).

PM7YJF7.png

Pih23N4.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.