a Valkyrie Rises Over Europe, a Alternate Story of the Cold War

Yeah, I'm actually not a big fan of Anglo-American/Nazi War like half the forums do so this definitely takes the cake.

It's an excellent timeline, but I wouldn't call it a Germany wins one. Sure they push back the allies for ten or so years, but there isn't a real break as the air war fills most of that period

And the UAR grows and avoided doing something that gets them killed in the short term, and there is also a hint of trouble on the horizon for the house of Saud. A good reutrn to action update Kaiser. I truly enjoy watching the antics in TTL's middle east.

Spain is going to be pissed at Germany for somehow helping the UAR's in conquering Morocco. By the way, what is happening in the USA?

Re: The Return of the Valkyrie

My favorite Germany wins TL returns!

Same here! :D

Thanks guys, I appreciate the warmness; I am glad to be back to this and bringing you guys just a little bit of happiness by reading my little writings as well. Your guys enjoyment makes me the happiest writer in the world and strives me to better myself and write great content for you my readers; so to that I thank you.

It's an excellent timeline, but I wouldn't call it a Germany wins one. Sure they push back the allies for ten or so years, but there isn't a real break as the air war fills most of that period

Yeah CalBear's timeline is more of a elongated and prolonged WW2 with a period of technicality filled peace in Germany's favor; through the war in that timeline never technically ended.

In this one Germany decisively (as realistically as I could have it of course) won the war and the war was ended by formal treaty; so there is a bit of a difference.

Re: Nasser's Pan Arabist Utopian Dreams

And the UAR grows and avoided doing something that gets them killed in the short term, and there is also a hint of trouble on the horizon for the house of Saud. A good reutrn to action update Kaiser. I truly enjoy watching the antics in TTL's middle east.

Admittedly the UAR has been a bit lucky in terms of having situations that avoid something that would get them killed fall directly into their collective lap (such as the Syrian coup d'etat and Jadid's unification proposition); but any gain and success is still gain and success. No matter how you achieve it, and achieving it without having to really spill any blood in the process is as I stated in the update itself a huge propaganda coup for Nasser and the UAR government in Cairo as a whole; as well as the Pan-Arabist cause itself.

As for the little hint I dropped, all I will say about that is that Nasser's regime in Cairo is not done by any means imaginable in regards to their goal for total and complete Pan-Arab unity (specifically under the Egyptian banner of course); not done at all. ;)

Re: The Freaked Out West

Free France and other Pro-Western places are in trouble. But lets see how this develops. Welcome back:)

That's all we can do, see how it develops; right? :cool:

And thanks. :)

Re: A Fiery Spainard's Heart and the American Dream

Spain is going to be pissed at Germany for somehow helping the UAR's in conquering Morocco. By the way, what is happening in the USA?

Spain is probably going to be very pissed if UAR were to theoretically absorb Morocco, considering that a UAR controlled Morocco would threaten their holdings in Western Sahara and Morocco itself; through whether they are pissed at Germany or the UAR more about it if it were to happen is a debatable matter.

As for what's happening in the United States, what's happening is.... well you'll just have to tune in next time to find out.

Assuming they conquer Morocco of course

Of course, no one knows if the UAR will actually get that far; only time will tell.

Last edited:
Oh and before I forget, here's the current map showing the state of the world after the ascension of Iraq, Lebanon and Syria into the United Arab Republic; a few other things might have been changed too and it's been prettied up quite a bit. But here it is.

NaziVictoryMap.png

james-buckley.jpg
"They say that history is written by the victors, and that our descendants that come after us will view history in a darker and less positive light then the contemporaries of the time view it, but I can say for a certain that history will be remembered the way I personally see it"
-Senator Allen Fitzgerald (PA)​

I assume the darker shades of brown are territories that are de jure part of the UAR, but are de facto independent?

It would seem silly for Germany to allow the UAR to expand so unchecked like that, as it would inadvertently create a third or fourth superpower (alongside the United States, Nazi Germany and whatever passes off for Soviet government these days.)

I assume the darker shades of brown are territories that are de jure part of the UAR, but are de facto independent?

It would seem silly for Germany to allow the UAR to expand so unchecked like that, as it would inadvertently create a third or fourth superpower (alongside the United States, Nazi Germany and whatever passes off for Soviet government these days.)

The second darkest shade of brown are territories that aren't directly incorporated into the UAR itself but are under direct UAR civilian control, the darkest shade of brown (Kurdistan and South Sudan) are territories under direct Arab military occupation.

As for the Germans, they don't really care at this point considering that the Reich and the UAR are actually fairly decent friends diplomatically as of the current moment, and Germany (and it's assistance) is a large part of the reasons why the UAR has been able to grow as big as it has already by the point we are at now (nearing 1960); through Germany has it's own plans for the Maghrabi outside of the UAR's own Pan-Arab unity plans. So a clash may come there.

"They say that history is written by the victors, and that our descendants that come after us will view history in a darker and less positive light then the contemporaries of the time view it, but I can say for a certain that history will be remembered the way I personally see it"

-Senator Allen Fitzgerald (PA)​

Lets see, these little blurbs are normally a hint at the next update, the 1960 election is coming, and the man who said the above is responsible for American gulags. So the next update may have the camps getting exposed or Fitzgerald trying to become president, or both. The next update promises to be terrifying.

Lets see, these little blurbs are normally a hint at the next update, the 1960 election is coming, and the man who said the above is responsible for American gulags. So the next update may have the camps getting exposed or Fitzgerald trying to become president, or both. The next update promises to be terrifying.

I think it's pretty much safe bet that nearly every single update is going to be terrifying in some shape or form considering the crapsack state this universe is in already in barely just over a decade past the POD, but yes the next update will be about the United States in domestic and international aspects (may we see a Chinese-American split this time hmm?....); as for what specifically happens you will just have to wait and see.

Through outside of the US I have a bit to cover, including the Vietnamese, Algerian and Congolese Wars, Europe outside of the Reich (which I haven't really talked much about, especially Italy); The Soviets and potential happenings in the Middle East too before we even get anywhere near 1960.

I think it's pretty much safe bet that nearly every single update is going to be terrifying in some shape or form considering the crapsack state this universe is in already in barely just over a decade past the POD, but yes the next update will be about the United States in domestic and international aspects (may we see a Chinese-American split this time hmm?....); as for what specifically happens you will just have to wait and see.

Through outside of the US I have a bit to cover, including the Vietnamese, Algerian and Congolese Wars, Europe outside of the Reich (which I haven't really talked much about, especially Italy); The Soviets and potential happenings in the Middle East too before we even get anywhere near 1960.

All sounds good, and from the looks of the map, Russia is going to Hell ever more. (If that possibly can happen) And maybe China try a go at Mongolia?

All sounds good, and from the looks of the map, Russia is going to Hell ever more. (If that possibly can happen) And maybe China try a go at Mongolia?

Well considering that Russia at this point is essentially the closest thing to hell on this universe's planet that is obviously not located within the Reich or Fascist Europe itself, it's sadly a safe bet that things are going to go to hell even more; especially with the plans I have in store for the Soviet Union.

As for China, that'd be a daring move, especially if it wanted to break away from the US and set it's own course.

Well considering that Russia at this point is essentially the closest thing to hell on this universe's planet that is obviously not located within the Reich or Fascist Europe itself, it's sadly a safe bet that things are going to go to hell even more; especially with the plans I have in store for the Soviet Union.
It's a worse mess than the Congo and getting worse!? That is one grimdark Soviet Union.

It's a worse mess than the Congo and getting worse!? That is one grimdark Soviet Union.

Having half your nation and cultural heartland ripped from your, millions of your people and ethnic cousins being targeted for genocide, a maniacal insane tinpot of a dictator being propped up by the United States because he's not fascist, and a brutal and bloody nine or so way Civil War on top of all of that to boot; grimdark tends to happen to you.

Having half your nation and cultural heartland ripped from your, millions of your people and ethnic cousins being targeted for genocide, a maniacal insane tinpot of a dictator being propped up by the United States because he's not fascist, and a brutal and bloody nine or so way Civil War on top of all of that to boot; grimdark tends to happen to you.

Well this an't going end well for anybody (including the Nazis).