Q-BAM Linguistic Map Thread Revived

This was the most complete version of the q-bam linguistic world map I could find, from the post by @Future8 in the now dead Linguistic Map Thread

linguistic_almost_done.png

This was the most complete version of the q-bam linguistic world map I could find, from the post by @Future8 in the now dead Linguistic Map Thread

View attachment 845630
Looks good. There is no part of Vancouver Island that is indigenous speaking, though

This image kind of annoys me because I'm pretty sure that the weird fade out effects on the edges of languages don't represent literally anything and are just a stylistic choice. At least in China. The more general distribution of languages is alright, broadly, it's that the exact borders between languages seem unreliable.

7447BA23-474C-4C86-A90E-1AD7092C01A8.png

View attachment 845630
I know everybody likes seeing a kurdish presence in central anatolia because its a novelty and yes there are kurds there but unfortunately they are not a majority in a large area like that, they can be at most a significant minority there and they have mostly pretty assimilated.

I know everybody likes seeing a kurdish presence in central anatolia because its a novelty and yes there are kurds there but unfortunately they are not a majority in a large area like that, they can be at most a significant minority there and they have mostly pretty assimilated.
This is very true. I have a friend from central anatolia who's Kurdish. His great-grandparents spoke only Kurdish, grandparents Kurdish and Turkish and parents and him only Turkish. This is of course very anecdotal but not many people from his grandparents' village speak Kurdish today, certainly not a majority. Another thing (which is kind of off-topic) is that even if these language maps were completely correct, they still give a wrong impression about Kurds in Turkey. The relation of Kurdish people from central anatolia to that identity is very different than the relation of southeastern Kurds to it. Moreover, the political behaviours of these two groups are completely different.

View attachment 845630
Arabs are a minority in Khuzestan and Hormozgan, I would make those areas striped at best. Likewise, the areas where Aboriginal Australian are much smaller than shown and many are endangered.

Crazy Boris

Banned
Arabs are a minority in Khuzestan and Hormozgan, I would make those areas striped at best. Likewise, the areas where Aboriginal Australian are much smaller than shown and many are endangered.

To be fair with Australia, given how sparsely populated massive areas of the country are, even a pretty small aboriginal language-speaking population are going to look fairly large on a map

As much as I wish it was the case.
I think Low German and the Upper German dialects should be rather shown like Occitan. Considering especially Low German's rather bleak situation, just like Occitan.
feel free to make corrections, I just stitched together data from other existing maps