the best movies never made

Kramer vs Kramer

7a62adedbbdd626fee5b3da43974cdd8.jpg

The one and only "Seinfeld" movie, it sees the cast deal with Kramer's evil twin, an alter ego that has escaped his dreams and turns out to be even more troublesome than the original Kramer. Yes, it's outlandish and crazy, even in the movie everybody laughs and dismisses the idea at first, but as strange occurrences pile up and the line between reality and dreamworld blurs it becomes clear that something must be done, and somebody will be done in a finale that involves breaking the fourth wall and taking advantage of "script logic" to trap alter-Kramer and send him back to slumberland. With normality restored the cast can go back to the series routine (the movie never makes clear just when in the series timeline this takes place, spawning multiple fan theories).

And if you're thinking that this doesn't sound like a typical Seinfeld episode, well, that's intentional. As covered in many interviews and articles, the cast and the writers just weren't keen on making a movie just to repeat what was being done the series already and everybody wanted to experiment and try something new. And it actually worked, trippy and wonky in places, with occasionally wobbly logic (even by dream-logic standards), but never boring, it fared pretty well at the box-office and became well liked by the fans after a little initial scepticism.

Follow That Coyote (2027)

"He wanted to write a movie off for 30 million, but the movie never wrote back" - A tagline used for the film

Follow That Coyote is an American biographical-comedy film directed by Cody Snyder, chronicling a fictionalized version of Coyote vs. Acme (2024) and it's failed cancelations.

The movie starts after the farewell screening for CvA, where David Zaslav (played by Paul Giamatti) ends up accidentally sending the film to Universal Studios. The rest of the film follows Zaslav trying and failing miserably to stop them from releasing it. The climax shows him seemingly succeeding and destroy several hard drives said to contain the feature. The ending however shows Zaslav and several actors at the premiere of Joker: Folie a Deux where CvA plays instead, revealing that he mistakenly destroyed copies of Joker instead.

Follow That Coyote would become a critical smash with most critics and audiences, praising it's satire on the film industry and the comedic performances of the actors. Of course, not everybody would be please with the film.

"David Zaslav: I felt like how the movie portrayed me and the whole Wile E. Coyote situation was misrepresented. I wanted to scrap that film because I felt like it would be more beneficial for the studio if we used it and other films like it as a tax write off.

MSNBC Interviewer: But that film costed 80 million dollars and several companies offered over 30 million for the movie.

DZ: I mean when we being investigated by the government, we were told we had to release Batgirl and Scoob! with it-

MI: I'm not asking about those movies, I'm asking why you didn't take those initial offers for Coyote vs Acme?

DZ: You don't get, I had no idea it was going to be hit and believed it would be a better idea at the time to write it off.

MI: But why didn't you think that was going to work out financially?

DZ: Because... well I... shut up you don't know business like I do!" - MSNBC Interview with David Zaslav around the release of FTC

[Coyote vs. Acme can still be saved, we don't have much time however. I recommend who ever is reading this to show your support for CvA in anyway you can. We shouldn't allow companies to do this.]
What studio produced this movie? I know for a fact it wasn’t Warner Bros because if it was, Zaslav would’ve had it cancelled as a tax write off VERY early.

Last edited:
Teddy (2019)
An epic, four-hour film on the life of Teddy Roosevelt. Stars Robin Willims, fresh off his brief sabbatical from acting, in a powerful yet charming performance as America's 26th president.

Based on Edmund Morris' trilogy of biographies on the President, the then unpublished novel The Old Lion by Jeffrey Shaara, and of course, Teddy's own writings.

Last edited:
"Freebie and the Bean" 2011

Despite only being in 'The Other Guys' for a mere 15 minutes, Dwayne Johnson's & Samuel L Jackson's role stole the scenes when they were in them. With that in mind a remake of the 1974 classic "Freebie & the Bean" starring James Caan and Alan Arkin was quickly produced and went on to make $300m plus on a $60m budget with Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell returning in their roles.

Dir: Michael Bay
Producer: Tony Scott

Cast

• Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Det. Sgt. Tim "Freebie" Walker
  • Samuel L Jackson as Det. Sgt. Dan "Bean" Delgado
  • Katey Segal as Mildred Meyers
  • Ed O'Neil as Red Meyers
  • Richard Jenkins as D.A. Walter W. Cruikshank
  • Mark Walhberg as Det Terry Holtz
  • Will Ferrell as Det Allen "Gator" Gamble
  • Tobin Bell as Whitey
  • Pam Grier as Consuelo Delgado
  • Katie Hudson as Barbara
  • Ru Paul as Transvestite
  • Maurice Argent as Tailor

Last edited:

Despite only being in 'The Other Guys' for a mere 15 minutes, Dwayne Johnson's & Samuel L Jackson's role stole the scenes when they were in them. With that in mind a remake of the classic "Freebie & the Bean" was quickly produced and went on to make $300m plus on a $60m budget with Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell returning in their roles.

Cast

• Tobin Bell as Whitey
Is this a prequel?

430619753_385722444395029_7686176336900599356_n.jpg

Pam Grier's iconic presence and commanding performance style made her the perfect choice for Marvel's Misty Knight, embodying the strength, charisma, and resilience that define the character. Her trailblazing roles in the '70s as a fierce and independent heroine paved the way for her to bring authenticity and depth to Misty, a character celebrated for her own powerful and inspirational attributes.
431789907_385350511098889_3134118278287075648_n.jpg

1970s cinematic Peter Fonda as Ghost Rider in the style of the other portraits I’ve been sharing from my reality. It doesn’t really matter who plays him since they were masked the whole time, but Peter was an EZ choice.
429792648_385221577778449_252507327347607758_n.jpg

With his formidable presence and athletic prowess, Jim Brown brought an unmatched intensity to Luke Cage, Power Man, infusing the superhero with both the grit and charm that defined '70s cinema.

Despite only being in 'The Other Guys' for a mere 15 minutes, Dwayne Johnson's & Samuel L Jackson's role stole the scenes when they were in them. With that in mind a remake of the classic "Freebie & the Bean" was quickly produced and went on to make $300m plus on a $60m budget with Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell returning in their roles.

Cast

• Tobin Bell as Whitey

Aim for the bushes.

Alternate Reality Movies does some good work mixing up AI and Photoshop, though some of the detailing fails when seen in a larger size.

A 70's Marvel or DC universe - for they have cast both on their FB page does make for an interesting AU.

430619753_385722444395029_7686176336900599356_n.jpg

Pam Grier's iconic presence and commanding performance style made her the perfect choice for Marvel's Misty Knight, embodying the strength, charisma, and resilience that define the character. Her trailblazing roles in the '70s as a fierce and independent heroine paved the way for her to bring authenticity and depth to Misty, a character celebrated for her own powerful and inspirational attributes.
431789907_385350511098889_3134118278287075648_n.jpg

1970s cinematic Peter Fonda as Ghost Rider in the style of the other portraits I’ve been sharing from my reality. It doesn’t really matter who plays him since they were masked the whole time, but Peter was an EZ choice.
429792648_385221577778449_252507327347607758_n.jpg

With his formidable presence and athletic prowess, Jim Brown brought an unmatched intensity to Luke Cage, Power Man, infusing the superhero with both the grit and charm that defined '70s cinema.
I just have one problem with Ghost Rider film .
The CGI effects did not exist in the 70’s to do the flaming bike .
I can not see doing it with practical effects .

I can through old school animation.
Alternately one or two bits of stock footage (one head on, one or two side on) that are re-used all the time, so there's only a short bit of stunt-rider time needed to film it.

The other option would be to merge (or double-expose, whatever the term is) flame footage with bike footage - which will probably look awful but at least it will look distinctively cheesily awful.

I can through old school animation.
Alternately one or two bits of stock footage (one head on, one or two side on) that are re-used all the time, so there's only a short bit of stunt-rider time needed to film it.

The other option would be to merge (or double-expose, whatever the term is) flame footage with bike footage - which will probably look awful but at least it will look distinctively cheesily awful.

To be fair, it's safer than my idea: Light a stuntman on fire and have him ride a motorcycle.

To be fair, it's safer than my idea: Light a stuntman on fire and have him ride a motorcycle.
There’s also the polar opposite of this idea: Have flame imagery appear on Ghost Rider’s outfit and motorcycle.

Would it be not as exciting as having him be on fire? Yes. Would it safer for the stuntman? Yes.

Mr. Monk's Last Case: A Monk Movie: In 1492, a band of Catholic monks in Spain want to help the mental health of a population divided by centuries of war. Despite some of it being pseudoscientific in nature, their kindhearted and rational advice gets published in books that, in a bittersweet twist, aren't even read by that much of the reading elite, but some do and go to towns across Spain to help various people.

The monks criticized feudalism, so when they approached the relatively new and few people who lived near their monastery who knew how to use the then less than 53 years old printing press technology, the books were published under the name Señor Monje.