WIP Map Thread

Making a full world version of my strange European Union map, with some changes to the original countries.
rEFitXX.png

The actual map part is finished, but I don't want to post it as is. I want to add some interesting stuff to the sides (and maybe above and below?) so it doesn't feel empty, but I'm completely stumped for ideas on what to do.

Making a full world version of my strange European Union map, with some changes to the original countries.
rEFitXX.png

The actual map part is finished, but I don't want to post it as is. I want to add some interesting stuff to the sides (and maybe above and below?) so it doesn't feel empty, but I'm completely stumped for ideas on what to do.
Maybe descriptions for each quadrant of the world explaining what you think is going to be the one possibly confusing as aspect of your timelines changes to give people some more context?

1707249024607.png

Strabo's World

1707249063394.png

Greek Spain even has its own colony. French (West) Australia is doing fine, Polish (Southeast) Australia is feeling cut off from the homeland now that Swedish (Northeast) Australia which ferried the Poles there has been overthrown by the former Indentured Servants.

Here's a map I made set in 1806. It's still a work in progress but it's almost finished. Basically, the scenario is "What if Napoleon conquered more of the east?". I took the idea from another post on this website and changed it a bit so it won't be a direct copy. There may be some inaccuracies, particularly in Germany and the administrative borders of Italy and other places, but despite that, I think it looks alright. The colors were mainly taken from LibraryofAlexandria's maps with some few alterations. So, feel free to express your thoughts

Attachments

• image_2024-02-10_210921852.png
    image_2024-02-10_210921852.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 237
Here's a map I made set in 1806. It's still a work in progress but it's almost finished. Basically, the scenario is "What if Napoleon conquered more of the east?". I took the idea from another post on this website and changed it a bit so it won't be a direct copy. There may be some inaccuracies, particularly in Germany and the administrative borders of Italy and other places, but despite that, I think it looks alright. The colors were mainly taken from LibraryofAlexandria's maps with some few alterations. So, feel free to express your thoughts
Quite impressive, do you have any particular points of departure (PoD) from pur timeline?

Quite impressive, do you have any particular points of departure (PoD) from pur timeline?
Perhaps... Napoleon establishes control over Egypt and Syria (as was the initial goal of the expedition) in 1800 and he went a little bit further by conquering almost all of British India (see Ceylon and the Nicobar Islands). That's pretty much it, I guess. (I'm new to this thing so it may not be that good)

Last edited:
Perhaps... Napoleon establishes control over Egypt and Syria (as was the initial goal of the expedition) in 1800 and he went a little bit further by conquering almost all of British India (see Ceylon and the Nicobar Islands). That's pretty much it, I guess. (I'm new to this thing so it may not be that good)
Did he went via Persia or by sea?

Did he went via Persia or by sea?
He went by sea. But I also considered through Persia but that would take too long, I guess. I'm still debating whether or not should I keep the whole "He conquered Iraq and sailed through the Strait of Hormuz and even conquered Oman along the way to get to India" or should I go with "He conquered Egypt and the Levant and sailed through the Red Sea and the Bab al-Mandab Strait and landed in India".

He went by sea. But I also considered through Persia but that would take too long, I guess. I'm still debating whether or not should I keep the whole "He conquered Iraq and sailed through the Strait of Hormuz and even conquered Oman along the way to get to India" or should I go with "He conquered Egypt and the Levant and sailed through the Red Sea and the Bab al-Mandab Strait and landed in India".
Hmm..... first one?

Will Napoleon offer an alliance with Russia over partitioning Ottoman Empire in this timeline? In real time, He did offer to legitimize Russian conquests in the Balkans and Finland at Tilsit, but his hubris got in the way of something long lasting. Different time different place though, and Tsar Paul is enthroned now instead of Alexander, and Napoleon isn't the Emperor yet

Last edited:
Alright then. But I already edited the map to the latter but I'll see what I can do.
I say just the Levant is better. Less overstretching for Napoleon & the Ottomans don’t get TOTALLY pounded.

Also with the Ottomans doing so bad I picture the Russo-Turkish wars go better for Russia.

Will Napoleon offer an alliance with Russia over partitioning Ottoman Empire in this timeline? In real time, He did offer to legitimize Russian conquests in the Balkans and Finland at Tilsit, but his hubris got in the way of something long lasting. Different time different place though, and Tsar Paul is enthroned now instead of Alexander, and Napoleon isn't the Emperor yet
I think that could be an interesting idea. I never really considered that, to be honest. But I guess I could incorporate that into the timeline somehow.

I say just the Levant is better. Less overstretching for Napoleon & the Ottomans don’t get TOTALLY pounded.

Also with the Ottomans doing so bad I picture the Russo-Turkish wars go better for Russia.
True true, which is why I chose the Levant over Iraq. But yeah, I picture the Ottomans doing not so great in this timeline compared to ours. Maybe an earlier partition?

Haven't really worked on it but have an idea and a plan/outline noted down on a blank map in order to not forget it. So decided I might as well share it for now because I do want to get myself back into mapping soon.

Outline-Plan.png