Assuming Brazil breaks up Gran Colombia, how the post bolivarian order would look like?

Of all the states Simon Bolivar hated, after the european states the winner was Brazil. He hated since Brazil was a monarchy, since it was on his views a sucession of the portuguese imperialism and especially due the fact that the brazilian imperial family had ties with the european monarchs he hated, for example Franz Joseph through Pedro I wife.
Let's say that some kind of war happens between Gran Columbia. Now, they cannot cross through the amazon, but there is the coast. Assuming the brazilian navy trounces what Bolivar sent and the brazilian army takes over the gran columbian coast, maybe killing Simon Bolivar on a battle, how could Brazil reorganize most of it's territory, and what could be done to the areas that Brazil couldn't have control of, like the columbian interior, equator, panama, Bolivia, etc?

we were unable beat peru, plus bolivar would be out of rulling with all your ideas, otl GC killed itself, not need foreing help at all.

It couldn’t. Rio de Janeiro couldn’t even control most of Brazil following independence. Brazil at the time couldn’t project power into Gran Colombia. We would be hard pressed to do it today.

It couldn’t. Rio de Janeiro couldn’t even control most of Brazil following independence. Brazil at the time couldn’t project power into Gran Colombia. We would be hard pressed to do it today.

Not exactly(I think Brazil could occupy some Caribbean coastal cities, like Maracaibo and Barranquilla, maybe(big maybe) even Cartagena - as for the GC interior, forget about it). Remember D.Pedro I managed to bring the Brazilian northern provinces under control in 1823. Later on is when things got messy. As for the OP, I think Brazil wouldn't do much to Gran Colombia, even when assuming a Brazilian victory - Brazil wouldn't be in condition to project power into Gran Colombia(it would be having trouble within its own territory, probably), and Gran Colombia would probably do its disintegrating thing earlier than OTL.

Not exactly(I think Brazil could occupy some Caribbean coastal cities, like Maracaibo and Barranquilla, maybe(big maybe) even Cartagena - as for the GC interior, forget about it). Remember D.Pedro I managed to bring the Brazilian northern provinces under control in 1823. Later on is when things got messy. As for the OP, I think Brazil wouldn't do much to Gran Colombia, even when assuming a Brazilian victory - Brazil wouldn't be in condition to project power into Gran Colombia(it would be having trouble within its own territory, probably), and Gran Colombia would probably do its disintegrating thing earlier than OTL.

Could it desintegrate more than it did in our timeline? Maybe native break way states on the interior?

we were unable beat peru, plus bolivar would be out of rulling with all your ideas, otl GC killed itself, not need foreing help at all.
Pretty much this peru was in the age of cuadillos where many generals fougth for power and had lost Bolivia
Grand colombia In theory was more stable but the Peruvians won the naval campaign and pushed deep in to grand Columbian territory until they where pushed back and even then the war ended because the peruvian president gt overthrown in the many cues of the era

Pretty much this peru was in the age of cuadillos where many generals fougth for power and had lost Bolivia
Grand colombia In theory was more stable but the Peruvians won the naval campaign and pushed deep in to grand Columbian territory until they where pushed back and even then the war ended because the peruvian president gt overthrown in the many cues of the era

Assuming that when the Peruvians are moving into gran Columbia the Brazilian invasion makes gran Columbia implode, how would Peru act?

Guys, I mean implosion similar to what happened on Yugoslavia, with the natives seizing some areas while the bourgeoisie take overs, local landlords take others, some ethno-linguistic states rise up, the Brazilians maybe out a random braganza nobleman as the ruler of some state on the coast, this kind of stuff.

Assuming that when the Peruvians are moving into gran Columbia the Brazilian invasion makes gran Columbia implode, how would Peru act?
assuming brazil even makes it there since it did not have full control over their terrtitories even if that happends
the peruvian president would continue to push deeper in to gran colombia but mostly likely another general makes a cue since the president is far away in campaing so it would be a golden opportunity
assuming that the president is to popular beacuse of the victories he is brining and a cue would be suicide , chile , and heck bolivia migth declare war on peru as the fear of these states was a powefull peru since later peru and bolivia unified and chile declared war since they feared the new confederation would be to powerfull

Last edited:
Could it desintegrate more than it did in our timeline? Maybe native break way states on the interior?
I don't know much about Gran Colombia, but I'd say the worst case wouldn't be much worse than what happened in OTL - whomever wanted to, and had the means to, get out, did it. I don't see a complete collapse of Gran Colombia in the cards.