Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t and there’s something called “Lithuania” between them.

Memelland and Courland did in fact border each other.

Here's a map of the very short-lived Kingdom of Lithuania.

KingdomOfLithuania1918Map.png

Crazy Boris

Banned
908px-US-McD.Terr.%281961%29.svg.png

You may have heard of McDonald County, Missouri’s attempt to secede and become a new state in 1961, but I only just learned today that they planned to invite a pair of neighboring counties, Benton in Arkansas and Delaware in Oklahoma, to join in.

Another possibility explored by the Mcdonaldians was joining Arkansas, an idea the Natural State’s governor was more than willing to accept.

You may have heard of McDonald County, Missouri’s attempt to secede and become a new state in 1961, but I only just learned today that they planned to invite a pair of neighboring counties, Benton in Arkansas and Delaware in Oklahoma, to join in.

Another possibility explored by the Mcdonaldians was joining Arkansas, an idea the Natural State’s governor was more than willing to accept.

This is an interesting variety of political compass

Skallagrim

Banned
Catherine the Great's Greek Plan.
What about the rest of the Ottoman Empire?
One of the issues with the Greek Plan is that it was always rather vague (on purpose, so as not to alienate potential allies) and even the defined points shifted over time. For instance: on this map, we see a Romanian state, but there were also plans to annex Moldavia directly, and join Wallachia to the to-be-established "Byzantine" state. The plans as to what Russia would get and what Austria would get were also very nebulous, pending post-facto negotiations. The notion of Venice getting big gains in Greece seems pretty far-fetched. Catherine, at least, had no intention of giving even a squere inch of Greece to anyone else. (The map also illustrates other matters, such as a potential Persian land-grab, and Polish partition-- these matters were not part of the Greek Plan, though.)

Regarding the rest of the Ottoman Empire: the Russian plan boiled down to: grab what we can. Ideally for Catherine, evrything claimed as part of the 'Megali Idea' in OTL would become part of the new Byzantium, and in the east, she'd no doubt favour as big an Armenia as she could help establish. Russia had a desire to control the Levant, but in the scenario of utterly crushing the Ottomans, I imagine this would still be a sort of co-dominium with Austria (neither Catholic nor Orthodox would want the other to have sole hegemony over the Holy Land). In that same event of utter victory over the Ottomans, the Turks would be reduced to an Anatolian rump state (between the Greeks and the Armenians). At this stage, maybe a tiny Assyrian Christian state is viable under Russian & Armenian protection? The Armenians basically win out over the Kurds in eastern Anatolia (as opposed to OTL), but one or more small Kurdish statelets would be conceivable. Mesopotamia no doubt goes independent, a land-locked Syria will ne a veritable no man's land for a bit, and the various regions of North Africa would be self-governing before you can say "I want to be sultan instead of the sultan".

908px-US-McD.Terr.%281961%29.svg.png

Orville Faubus?

One of the issues with the Greek Plan is that it was always rather vague (on purpose, so as not to alienate potential allies) and even the defined points shifted over time. For instance: on this map, we see a Romanian state, but there were also plans to annex Moldavia directly, and join Wallachia to the to-be-established "Byzantine" state. The plans as to what Russia would get and what Austria would get were also very nebulous, pending post-facto negotiations. The notion of Venice getting big gains in Greece seems pretty far-fetched. Catherine, at least, had no intention of giving even a squere inch of Greece to anyone else. (The map also illustrates other matters, such as a potential Persian land-grab, and Polish partition-- these matters were not part of the Greek Plan, though.)

Regarding the rest of the Ottoman Empire: the Russian plan boiled down to: grab what we can. Ideally for Catherine, evrything claimed as part of the 'Megali Idea' in OTL would become part of the new Byzantium, and in the east, she'd no doubt favour as big an Armenia as she could help establish. Russia had a desire to control the Levant, but in the scenario of utterly crushing the Ottomans, I imagine this would still be a sort of co-dominium with Austria (neither Catholic nor Orthodox would want the other to have sole hegemony over the Holy Land). In that same event of utter victory over the Ottomans, the Turks would be reduced to an Anatolian rump state (between the Greeks and the Armenians). At this stage, maybe a tiny Assyrian Christian state is viable under Russian & Armenian protection? The Armenians basically win out over the Kurds in eastern Anatolia (as opposed to OTL), but one or more small Kurdish statelets would be conceivable. Mesopotamia no doubt goes independent, a land-locked Syria will ne a veritable no man's land for a bit, and the various regions of North Africa would be self-governing before you can say "I want to be sultan instead of the sultan".
One wonders if the Russians could have attempted something like this had they backed Muhammad Ali Pasha instead of the Ottomans when his armies were gradually taking control of the Arab parts of the Ottoman Empire.

So, I've noticed that a lot of the stuff on my Turkey-partitioning kit hasn't been shown here yet, for example this thread doesn't have a QBAM of the Megali idea or Greater Syria's northern borders. So, I'll post it here too.

Turkey Partitioning Kit.png

Greek Plan.png