Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Deleted member 107125

images
The Reichskolonialbund was an organisation led by Franz Ritter Von Epp dedicated to getting Germany’s pre-war African colonies back in the hands of the Reich. It was disbanded during the Second World War, but the Nazis had plans to take Africa after it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 107125

images

The Reichskolonialbund was an organisation led by Franz Ritter Von Epp dedicated to getting Germany’s pre-war African colonies back in the hands of the Reich. It was disbanded during the Second World War, but the Nazis had plans to take Africa after it.
images
This poster says Africa is “also Lebensraum”

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 107125

I would've thought the Nazis would've wanted to establish Mittelafrika, not just retake the crumbs the Kaiser lost in 1918.
Well the Nazis didn’t care too much about it- Europe was where their colonial ambitions lay. This was all hypothetical. I would think that they’d want a larger African colony though.

I would've thought the Nazis would've wanted to establish Mittelafrika, not just retake the crumbs the Kaiser lost in 1918.
Some of nazis may, but Hitler was more sceptical about it. As said Hindustani, he saw eastern Europe as a main priority, Germany under him should had became continental, not oversea power, bigger colonial empire would be drain for manpower missing in the "Ost".
Of course, there were other nazis, beside Hitler, who could have different view on this

Last edited:

Deleted member 107125

Finally, this is a map of Panun Kashmir.
Around the late 80s and early 90s, Kashmiri Pandits were forced out of Kashmir by insurgency. The pandits despised their treatment by the government.
In the 90s, when this was still recent, a proposal was made to create a separate state in India out of Kashmir.
PK_map2.jpg

Panun Kashmir means “our Kashmir” in Kashmiri btw

That division of Thuringia, though in jest, looks fairly credible.

Something really fun about this is the portion assigned to Bavaria, which is slightly bigger than the actual portion of Thuringia considered to be part of the Franconia region.

Map_of_Franconia.PNG

There are, coinidentally, some minor movements to create a state out of Franconia, though nothing genuinely noteworthy.

I mean, does Germany really need a province there?
It's a state, but it usually has been divided anyway historically. Just not so cleanly.

There are also, and I'm pretty sure I've posted these some time in the past, proposals to merge German states in order to create more equally-sized states (and to reduce administrative costs), with former East Germany often reduced to 2 or 3 states, so there are even some people who'd agree with y'all on that.

What would the German Empire have looked like had it annexed the Untied Baltic Duchy? The Kaiser would have been head of state of the United Baltic Duchy, putting it under effective personal union with Germany. Memelland has a border with Courland, so it wouldn't have been an exclave, at least.

What would the German Empire have looked like had it annexed the Untied Baltic Duchy? The Kaiser would have been head of state of the United Baltic Duchy, putting it under effective personal union with Germany. Memelland has a border with Courland, so it wouldn't have been an exclave, at least.

If it was annexed then the state wouldn't be in personal union, it'd be a part of the empire, the duchies that made up the UBD (Courland/Semigalia, Livonia, and Estonia) would be duchies within the empire just as Anhalt, or Brunswick is

If it was annexed then the state wouldn't be in personal union, it'd be a part of the empire
Sorry if I was unclear. I just meant that's since the Kaiser would be the head of state of both Germany and the UBD, that personal union would segway into a German annexation of the territory. Would the Baltic languages be recognised, or repressed, I wonder?

Sorry if I was unclear. I just meant that's since the Kaiser would be the head of state of both Germany and the UBD, that personal union would segway into a German annexation of the territory. Would the Baltic languages be recognised, or repressed, I wonder?

How well respected was the Polish language in Prussia? It would probably be treated similarly.

How well respected was the Polish language in Prussia? It would probably be treated similarly.
Well, look at Kulterkampf, the Germanization policies, the Settlement commission, etc. Poles were forced to sell their land to German settlers, the Polish language was repressed through teaching Polish in schools being forbidden. Even Polish priests were forbidden from practising. To put it simply, not good. But the Germans saw the Baltic peoples less as direct "enemies of the Empire" and more simply "uncivilised" people wrought by destruction and barbaric practices. None of this was true, of course, but that didn't stop the German high command from thinking it. In a way, Over Ost could be compared to a Reichskommissariat rather accurately, and it has been before, though these comparisons usually neglect to mention that Over Ost was more similar to a colony of the Empire instead. Ober Ost was mostly focused on Lithuania, though. As for the actual proposal for the United Baltic Duchy, it would have been a confederation of seven different cantons (four corresponding to the territory of Latvia, three to Estonia) rather than the direct military occupation of Over Ost. Essentially, concessions would have to be made in order to get the Baltic peoples to cooperate. The failure of Ober Ost to appeal to the Lithuanians showed that. Once the Duchy would be annexed to the Empire, though, it's anyone's guess. Maybe the Duchy would retain autonomy. Given the empire's treatment of other minorities, though, the chances would be bleak