Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

OK, this looks good. More realistic take on the Entente--and yes, I like that they're sacrificing game balance for realism. Eddy can do something really stupid marriage-wise and get himself in trouble (what's he gonna do, sleep with Unity Mitford??? Or worse, Jessica Mitford?), the monarchy can evacuate again--all things I like. And the revisions to the ACW intervention and finally a refugee crisis, it all seems really good all around. Would like to see more political options, though.

Love the fact that they have introduced a possibility of an ATL abdication crisis in this Canada rework. One of my complaints with Edward VIII in Kaiserreich was that he never had the possibility of royally fucking up as much as he did OTL, so it's nice.

Because the problem with the Entente was that it had too much manpower ...
I mean, yeah, actually.

I'm not saying the Entente isn't interesting, but if we're pushing for more plausibility and realism within Kaiserreich, then they're minor powers at best. They're not the third pillar of global society, they're little more than the Cairo Pact in terms of manpower. Sure, a well timed blitz could see them tipping the balance in major wars like the 2ACW, but they can't hold anything by themselves for all that long, even within the time-frame that most players continue playing.

Realistically, their role in the narrative should be limited to either collapsing on their own, being early victims of the Internationale, or being forced to piggyback off of the Germans/Americans/Russians doing the actual legwork in WK2.

3uie9064mwn31.jpg

Last edited:
Btw speaking of China. I been thinking that once China comes out I will do a narrative AAR following several Characters who are part of the Qing Government. Such as an Imperial Bureaucrat, and a Manchu Nobleman/Imperial Guard and more. Probably would have somewhere between three to five main characters. With the characters showing different sides of the various events and paths that the politics. So the style would be similar to GRRM's ASOIAF following different characters and from their stories do we learn about how things in China and the wider world are playing out.

I mean, yeah, actually.

I'm not saying the Entente isn't interesting, but if we're pushing for more plausibility and realism within Kaiserreich, then they're minor powers at best. They're not the third pillar of global society, they're little more than the Cairo Pact in terms of manpower. Sure, a well timed blitz could see them tipping the balance in major wars like the 2ACW, but they can't hold anything by themselves for all that long, even within the time-frame that most players continue playing.

Realistically, their role in the narrative should be limited to either collapsing on their own, being early victims of the Internationale, or being forced to piggyback off of the Germans/Americans/Russians doing the actual legwork in WK2.

Frankly the main problem with the portrayal of the entente has little to do with their lore and everything to do with Paradox's completely wacky naval invasions.

Seriously, the only successful large scale naval invasion we have in period was from Britain straight into Normandy, but somehow, this mechanic extends to a cross Atlantic reconquest of a larger nation? The entente's path back into Europe should be in the Mediterranean through Corsica, not across an ocean.

Frankly the main problem with the portrayal of the entente has little to do with their lore and everything to do with Paradox's completely wacky naval invasions.

Seriously, the only successful large scale naval invasion we have in period was from Britain straight into Normandy, but somehow, this mechanic extends to a cross Atlantic reconquest of a larger nation? The entente's path back into Europe should be in the Mediterranean through Corsica, not across an ocean.
The right bungling by the Union of Britain can bring in Ireland to the Entente, which would make an invasion of Britain more possible. But that requires specific circumstances, an invasion from Canada to Britain (or Canada via Iceland to Britain) is something else.