The Queen is Dead!: Katherine of Aragon dies in 1518

Incest aside, Anne is definitely out. Henry sees her as a child, as another little sister ITTL. He's not having sex with her.

Last edited:
It's also important to note that at this time and place Henry taking a mistress or two would not only be considered pretty normal, but even expected as a part of being a noble. It would be considered a bit strange if Henry stayed completely faithful.

It's also important to note that at this time and place Henry taking a mistress or two would not only be considered pretty normal, but even expected as a part of being a noble. It would be considered a bit strange if Henry stayed completely faithful.

Oh, he won't. You may be sure of that!

I believe the spare is the Blount boy. :p

That's not happening. As you'll see soon enough, Henry resents Bessie bitterly for giving him young Hal Fitzroy, who can easily be seen as a threat to baby Lionel, were he to fall into the wrong hands. He's not about to even try to legitimise him or put him in the line of Succession...

I'll think about it. Although I have always seen Kitty's birth year as 1521, so she's a little young yet. A possible Princess of Wales, however...???

I was thinking Catherine Howard as a mistress for Henry in his later years, sort of a mid-life crisis period for Henry as it starts to dawn on him that he's getting old, a young vibrant girl like Catherine Howard could shake him out of that.

OR she could wind up a mistress for Prince Lionel if he gets bored with his wife, possibly even supplant the Princess of Wales if the wife just HAPPENS to die a tragic death.

There are all sorts of possible scandalous possibilities with Catherine Howard, she's a trouble maker, a heartbreaker, and lacks in basic common sense, always a fun combination for a deathly deadly court like Henry VIII's den of sin and vice.

I was thinking Catherine Howard as a mistress for Henry in his later years, sort of a mid-life crisis period for Henry as it starts to dawn on him that he's getting old, a young vibrant girl like Catherine Howard could shake him out of that.

OR she could wind up a mistress for Prince Lionel if he gets bored with his wife, possibly even supplant the Princess of Wales if the wife just HAPPENS to die a tragic death.

There are all sorts of possible scandalous possibilities with Catherine Howard, she's a trouble maker, a heartbreaker, and lacks in basic common sense, always a fun combination for a deathly deadly court like Henry VIII's den of sin and vice.

Kitty as a mistress for Lionel? Now, that idea I like...

Considering her really messy childhood, I wouldn't be surprised if she wound up either (A) married off to hide a scandal, or (B) hastily packed off to a convent to avoid a scandal. Either way, Culpeper probably lies at the heart of it all. But that's some years away...

Let's see...
Jane...she who was Lady Rochford otl...would be of a good age for...mistressing...:closedtongue:

Considering her really messy childhood, I wouldn't be surprised if she wound up either (A) married off to hide a scandal, or (B) hastily packed off to a convent to avoid a scandal. Either way, Culpeper probably lies at the heart of it all. But that's some years away...

Let's see...
Jane...she who was Lady Rochford otl...would be of a good age for...mistressing...:closedtongue:
Ooh, now there's a thought...

/QUOTE]

I was sort of hoping to give Kitty a slightly happier childhood, but we'll see how the story goes...

Anne is married to his brother-inlaw its practically incest in the eyes of the church.

Anne is not married to her brother in law. That would be bigamy and the church does frown on that. But I do get what you meant.:)

And no I don't think that's Henry when I think about it but I did think aloud.

Its just not done anyway. Henry may be obessive about sons but he was never that desperate OTL.
Well, only because Henry FitzRoy died way too early for that...
If he had lived longer than his father or left heirs most likely he/his line would be named by Henry among his heirs just after eventual children of Queen Katherine Parr

Anne is not married to her brother in law. That would be bigamy and the church does frown on that. But I do get what you meant.:)

And no I don't think that's Henry when I think about it but I did think aloud.
sorry I thought Anne was married to George for whatever reason.

sorry I thought Anne was married to George for whatever reason.

No, that's Kathy Stafford. Anne is Marie and George's little sister. Marie is born in April 1500, George October 1504 and Anne March 1507, as is usual for my head canon for the Boleyn siblings. If I have said anything elsewhere that majorly contradicts those dates, let me know so I can correct it!

Well, only because Henry FitzRoy died way too early for that...
If he had lived longer than his father or left heirs most likely he/his line would be named by Henry among his heirs just after eventual children of Queen Katherine Parr

I am hoping this Timeline’s Fitzroy lives a long, happy life, but has negligible impact on Court as Lionel is the Heir.

That's the plan. His mother, on the other hand... Well, let's just say we've not seen the last of her yet...

I'm assuming he won't be married off to a Howard as well here? Since he's just illegitmate son and the King has a male heir there is less "want" on the Howard side?

I'm assuming he won't be married off to a Howard as well here? Since he's just illegitmate son and the King has a male heir there is less "want" on the Howard side?

I haven't decided on a Duchess of Richmond yet. Other than that I know that Hal will grow up somewhat insecure, so whoever he marries will have to be the kind of girl he can play the knight in shining armour with if they're going to have a happy marriage. Bonus points if she's younger than him...