Glad you like it. I'll write out the remaining episodes of series 1 over the next few posts and then go to another part of the TL.

Full Fathom Five (2 parts)

Off the coast of NW Scotland an oil rig is being plagued by mysterious events. Machinery failing, strange health issues and ultimately a worker called Mason goes missing.

UNIT is dispatched to the rig to find out what is going on. Accompanied by technical expert Lt Sanders (Colin Baker) they start a full investigation into a new sector which has recently revealed a potential new seam. Meanwhile Jock is amazed to find and old friend there. Bob (Gregor Fisher) has been working on the rig for 3 years and is able to tell Jock that something strange has been going on. A senior manager called Carlisle (Frank Finlay) has been brought in by the company to oversee a new project. Jock asks what the project is. Bob doesn't know but he does say its something to do with the new seam...

Sanders and Fisher are examining the machinery and are puzzled to see that there is some kind of strange skin-like substance on the cabling.

Reynolds questions Carlisle about why he has been transferred to the rig. Carlisle says he cant say without permission from the company's HQ in Aberdeen and its highly unlikely that he will be given permission. Carlisle goes on the say that the company has attached a high level of importance to the new seam and that he cannot and will not jeopardise it.

Jones meanwhile has been examining the substance on the cabling and tells Sanders and Fisher that is a form of skin...non-human

Later on Bob is looking for Jock. He walks down a corridor. The lights go off and there is a bloodcurdling scream. As the lights go back on UNIT race to the corridor and find Bob dead, covered in oil and the same substance

In a makeshift morgue Jones states that Bob was struck over the head causing brain damage. Jock is devastated and goes to find Carlisle. Reynolds, Fisher and Sanders have to get between Jock and Carlisle to prevent an incident. Reynolds order Wallace out. Turning to Carlisle Reynolds demands the truth.

Carlisle explains that the oil found in the new seam was synthetic. It could be replicated leading to a new infinite source of power. The company send him to oversee the replication process. Mason was send to collect a new sample and he had vanished.

UNIT along with Carlisle enter the area where Mason vanished. Going deeper into the bowels of the rig they encounter a pool of the synthetic oil. A form rises from the pool. It is Mason. The voice however isn't human.

It goes on to say that it is a lifeform that was Earth long before humans and can invade human tissue. They lived in the deep of the oceans and seas in peace before the humans started digging. One of them was killed by the drilling. In revenge they killed Bob.

Carlisle apologises for the death. Reynolds asks if there's anything they can do. The lifeform simply asks "leave us be"

The company orders that the seam be left alone.

As UNIT flies away. One question remains. What other lifeforms exist on Earth?....

Bombardment (x 2 parts)

Lunar Station is celebrating its 30th anniversary. A huge complex based on and around the moon it has grown in stature and complexity. Yet there is tension.
UNIT has been ordered to provide security. They have been there for 2 weeks overseeing operations from their mobile HQ "Valiant". Reynolds and station director Carver (John Thaw) have been discussing concerns about some inhabitants of the stations who are unhappy with the status quo

(TBC)

Bombardment (x 2 parts)

Lunar Station is celebrating its 30th anniversary. A huge complex based on and around the moon it has grown in stature and complexity. Yet there is tension.
UNIT has been ordered to provide security. They have been there for 2 weeks overseeing operations from their mobile HQ "Valiant". Reynolds and station director Carver (John Thaw) have been discussing concerns about some inhabitants of the stations who are unhappy with the status quo

(TBC)
The Helicarrier the Valiant first appeared in the Sound of the Drum in 2007.
During the first appearance of Unit in the serial Invasion, there Mobile command post was in the back of Hercules C 130.
Is the Mobile HQ you are referring to, the Helicarrier or an Aircraft or are you thinking something else?

This Valiant is a aerial/space craft similar ways to the GI Joe Defiant:
30b_2419822e9c.jpg

Bombardment (continued)

Carver tells Reynolds that there's been trouble from a group calling themselves The Children Of Lunar (TCOL). They want the moon and the lunar station to become an independent world. There have been minor disruptions to power supplies and infrastructure but nothing serious...yet.

Carver fears that with the 30th anniversary approaching TCOL will try something to gain the Earth's attention.

Several days later the celebrations begin. Tranquility Base the HQ of the station is full of dignitaries from both the Earth and The Moon. Everything seems to be running smoothly. A videolink between Tranquilty and UN HQ in New York is prepared for an address by Secretary General De Cuellar. Suddenly the link is interrupted by a message from Carver. He is on board the Valiant.

UNIT wonders what is happening. Carver reads a statement.

"We are The Children Of Lunar. We are in control of this vessel. We demand independence for the Moon. If our demands are not met in 24 hours then this ship will fire at the UN Headquarters in New York"...

Last edited:
Bombardment (concluded)

UNIT has a quick conference to discuss the crisis. Fisher states that the weapons on Valiant are capable of wreaking substantial damage. Reynolds asks for a secure link to Earth...
Later Reynolds attempts to contact Valiant. Carver asks if his demands have met. Reynolds states they haven't and that the UN has no intention of doing so. She then asks Carver to reconsider saying that if Earth is attacked then a barrage of nuclear warheads will destroy both the ship and the station.

Carver replies that he does not want death but he believes the cause is just.

Reynolds asks why is he doing this. Carver replies:

"We have turned the moon into what it is today. A scientific and technical powerhouse. A beautiful world and yet we are treated by Earth as a colony. We are equal to the Earth and we demand parity"

Communications are cut.

UNIT retreat to a room to discuss what to do next. During that time a message is received from Earth.

Reynolds contacts Carver. She will offer herself as a hostage if he will deactivate the weapons. Carver agrees. Reynolds enters the Valiant through an airlock. There Carver and other members of TCOL are aiming guns at her.

Carver asks one more time if the UN will accede. Reynolds says no.

Carver orders the engines to be engaged. The Valiant powers up. Reynolds says:

"Computer, this is Brigadier Helena Reynolds. Protocol Magenta"

The bridge lights turn red. Reynolds says she as activated the Valiant's self destruct sequence. The Valiant disengages from the station and starts moving away.

Reynolds states that the ship will fly away from Earth at top speed and detonate itself in 10 minutes.

Carver aims his gun and orders her to stop the sequence. Reynolds says she can't.

The Valiant is approaching top speed. Reynolds says that there will come a point when there won't be enough fuel to turn the ship around. Carver is beginning to panic.

He then aims his pistol at Reynolds

At that point Wallace and a strike team burst through another door on the bridge. Carver turns and is shot dead. Wallace and the team had infiltrated their way into the ship while Reynolds was distracted TCOL.

With the other members of TCOL captured Reynolds stops the self destruct. There was only 7 seconds left.

With the Valiant safely returned to the Moon. The celebrations continue.

And that is the end of Series 1 of UNIT

Bombardment (concluded)……
And that is the end of Series 1 of UNIT

The only episode I have a issue with is Bombardment. I would have introduces the Moonbase in another episode and over a number of episode, had characters comment about the Moonbase success and growth before I did a episode about the moonbase wanting independence.
But The episode still was a interesting read.
Good work on the timeline and nice jobs with the episodes.

The only episode I have a issue with is Bombardment. I would have introduces the Moonbase in another episode and over a number of episode, had characters comment about the Moonbase success and growth before I did a episode about the moonbase wanting independence.
But The episode still was a interesting read.
Good work on the timeline and nice jobs with the episodes.

I painted myself into a corner with the format. I should have had 12 episodes instead. But this is a work in progress and there's always going to be room for improvement and alterations. Many thanks once again for the feedback.

I painted myself into a corner with the format. I should have had 12 episodes instead. But this is a work in progress and there's always going to be room for improvement and alterations. Many thanks once again for the feedback.
"The best laid plans of Mice"
"And Men"
"What do the Men have to do with it? "
"Douglas Adams

Chapter Six: Greetings Grapple Fans
Wrestleworld: First Episode 4th November 1989 4.15 PM (1 hour)
Presented by Kent Walton, Gordon Solie and Gary Newbon

1.Sky Walker vs Pat Roach (Winner: Roach by DQ)

2. NWA News update

3.Chic Cullen vs Superstar Mal Sanders (Winner: Sanders by 1 Fall and 1 Submission)

4. NWA News update

5. Main Event:British Heavyweight Championship

Tiger Dalbir Singh (Champion) vs Ray Steele (Winner: Singh by 2 falls to one)

6. Preview of next week:

Norman the Lunatic vs Brian Pillman
Dr Death Vs Mike Rotunda
The Road Warriors vs Bob Emory and George South

Last edited:
Wrestleworld Episode 2

11th November

1. Norman the Lunatic vs Brian Pillman (Pillman wins by pinfall)
2 List of upcoming UK shows
3.Dr Death vs Mike Rotunda (Rotunda wins by submission)
4.Interview with Robbie Brookside
5. Roadwarriors vs Emory and South (Roadwarriors win by pin)

18th November 1989
Itv announces that they have bought Star Trek Defiant and will show the pilot on Christmas Eve!

Are ITV trying to make a big deal out of Defiant or are they trying to bury it? Christmas Eve isn't a great night for ITV, or wasn't back then (the actual centrepiece of ITV on Christmas Eve 1989 was a Peter O'Toole TV movie called Pied Piper). If they're trying to push Defiant, maybe Friday December 22nd would be better.

Sorry, I seem to have killed the thread. ITV can pull out the stops on promotion, such as giving it the cover of the TV Times and making it the central feature of the Christmas trailer package. But the 22nd is more appealing to advertisers. Here are the listings for that night.

Attachments

• TV Dec 22nd 1989.pdf
    289.9 KB · Views: 193
Sorry for the delay but i've had a lot of problems on other forums. Yeah I'll re-arrange the time. 8-10 on the 22nd.