The Union Forever: A TL

Just a quick question- as large objects like Haumea, Makemake, and Sedna have undoubtly been discovered, how are they classified, being so similar to Pluto in composition and mass?
For at least some of these, I believe they are cold gas giants, not mostly solid rocks like Pluto/Triton.

Just a quick question- as large objects like Haumea, Makemake, and Sedna have undoubtly been discovered, how are they classified, being so similar to Pluto in composition and mass?

For at least some of these, I believe they are cold gas giants, not mostly solid rocks like Pluto/Triton.

In the TL, during a 2010 international astronomical summit held in Potsdam, Germany scientists released a new planetary classification guide. In the wake of the discovery of several large bodies orbiting the sun in the distant reaches of the solar system, a revised standard of what constituted a planet was agreed upon. It was decided that a planet must orbit a star, be roughly circular in shape, larger than 2,000 km in diameter, but not large enough to generate stellar fusion. Although some thought the 2,000 km diameter rather arbitrary, the definition prevented any of the previously agreed upon ten planets from being demoted in status.

I think the planet should be named in the Roman tradition given the discovery by the Turin Pact. The Germans got Niflheim, after all, and of course there's big precedent for the roman lineage in heavenly bodies.

Janus - beginnings, endings, doorways, time. Seems apt for the last(?) planet in the Solar System.
Nona - the spinner of life
Orcus - ancient underworld god, punisher of broken oaths

Janus might be good name when the planet itself is outskirt of ours solar system.
I think the planet should be named in the Roman tradition given the discovery by the Turin Pact. The Germans got Niflheim, after all, and of course there's big precedent for the roman lineage in heavenly bodies.

Janus - beginnings, endings, doorways, time. Seems apt for the last(?) planet in the Solar System.
Nona - the spinner of life
Orcus - ancient underworld god, punisher of broken oaths
The problem with that idea for Janus is that we won't know when we've reached the the last planet

Alright y'all, time to vote for the name of planet 11. Only one vote per person, thank you!

1) Cerberus
2) Charon
3) Concordia
4) Hades
5) Janus
6) Juno
7) Mnemosyne
8) Minerva
9) Nemesis
10) Nona
11) Orcus
12) Pluto
13) Tyche
14) Vulcan

Mnemosyne, the rest of the names are shared with minor planets or moons, contrary to astronomy guidelines. Plus it's a cool af sounding name.