Hearts of Iron IV Thread

I’ve been playing Old World Blues a lot recently, started a game as Caesar’s Legion.

It’s 2295 and I’ve been fighting a war with the NCR and Western Brotherhood for 15 years, my forces having pushed as far as The Boneyard (LA) before the front ground to a halt.

So now we just throw men at each other whilst the Mormons quietly take over the Midwest.

Given that you can restore Kaiser Bill in the most recent version, and France goes communist more often, it would be interesting to incorporate more alternate history.

Maybe add an option of an earlier start date - say 1935, 1932, or even 1930. You might end up with a vanilla-fascist Germany, or a communist one, or maybe the Weimar Republic survives. Maybe FDR never becomes president for some reason - what happens to the US under a different leader? Maybe the Abyssinia Crisis is navigated peacefully - does Italy become neutral, or is it still hostile to Germany? Does Japan still go down the path of militarism, or remain democratic?

Apparently they didn’t add an earlier start date because the game is about war, the early peace periods are too far from the actual war.

Also they’ve stopped making other start dates because their statistics say now enough people use them. A majority of people just choose the earliest, or in CK2’s case, 1066