6. Kurt Carner 2,575 0.99%
Total Vote: 259,112
Winning Margin: 9,439 votes 3.65%
Seaborn wins the states 32 Delegates

upload_2017-2-8_14-55-36-png.307359

Wednesday January 17th 2018

Here is the state of both races so far after Iowa & New Hampshire

Republican
  1. Henry Shallick 224,583 41.01% 40 Delegates (NH)
  2. William Durham 131,546 24.02% No Delegates
  3. Peter Gault 98,736 18.03% 40 Delegates (Iowa)
  4. Elizabeth Clark 92,711 16.94% No Delegates * Clark withdrew after Iowa, but remained on the ballot in New Hampshire
Total Vote: 547,576
Pop Vote Margin: Shallick over Durham: 93,037 votes
% Margin: Shallick over Durham: 16.99%
Delegates: Shallick & Gault are tied on 40 Delegates each

Democrat
  1. Andrew Thorn 145,199 29.06% 57 Delegates (Iowa)
  2. Sam Seaborn 144,089 28.82% 32 Delegates (NH)
  3. Rudi Robinson 96,062 19.21% No Delegates
  4. Paris Stray 62,891 12.57% No Delegates
  5. Michael Kellner 39,022 7.80% No Delegates
  6. Kurt Carner 10,835 2.16% No Delegates
  7. Scott Bighorse 1,859 0.38% No Delegates * Bighorse withdrew on the night of Iowa, he did not appear on the ballot in New Hampshire
Total: 499,957
Pop Vote Margin: Thorn over Seaborn: 1,110 votes
% Margin: Thorn over Seaborn: 0.24%
Delegates: Thorn has a lead over Seaborn of 25 Delegates

Wednesday January 17th 2018

Carner withdraws and endorses Thorn but Kellner says he is "still fighting"

As expected Montana Governor Kurt Carner withdrew from the Democratic Presidential race following a second poor showing in New Hampshire. Carner has failed to make any impact in the race and withdrew as soon as the result in New Hampshire became clear and in a surprise move threw his support to New York Senator Andrew Thorn "As I have been saying we need to move beyond the Bartlet & Santos years, and I have been impressed with Senator Thorn, he does represent a break with the past" although he did add "he should release his tax returns and other business information as soon as he can".

Former Pennsylvania Governor Michael Kellner whose campaign has faulted in the last six weeks, after an impressive start to his Presidential bid refused to withdraw after polling only 5% of the vote on Tuesday "I am still fighting, this race isn't over by any means" adding "I am in the same position as Matt Santos twelve years ago, and he still won the nomination, I am going to Michigan now for Thursday's primary, then it's onto South Carolina and Nevada". Kellner who had been leading in both Michigan and South Carolina is now way behind in both states.

Last edited:
new-hampshire-small-png.361357

A few pictures from last night:

Former Pennsylvania Governor Michael Kellner watching TV coverage at his campaign headquarters

A cheerful Senator Andrew Thorn giving his concession speech

California Senator Sam Sebaorn and the winner of the Democratic Primary at Nashua airport on his way to Michigan early this morning

Henry Shallick arriving to deliver his victory speech following his win in the Republican primary

Last edited:
townhall.com, Thursday January 17th

Buchanan “Write-in” Campaign Goes Viral

In a Republican Primary that seems to be getting stranger by the day, the viral surge of a campaign to draft former Virginia Governor Rob Buchanan into the Republican Primary field is one of the most surprising.

A range of leading Republicans have been searching for a potential candidate every since Vice-President Liz Clark exited the race over the weekend and appeared to be settling on West Virginia Governor Ray Sullivan. The man who filled the VP slot on Arnold Vinick’s presidential run stoked the fire by suggesting he was interested before pulling back under pressure from Henry Shallick and his backers and claiming he had been “misunderstood”.

With all the backroom wrangling going on a conscientious RNC staffer in Virginia, Tom Delaney, decided to take matters into his own hands and set up a site to attempt to draft in former Virginia Governor Rob Buchanan and his ingenuity has sent the attempt to viral – Facebook, Twitter and You Tube within hours had shared Delaney’s impassioned plea to Buchanan and spun off into a variety of retweets, posts and campaigns.

An initiative to postponed closure of registration in Florida and South Carolina until Monday is already underway and a “write-in Buchanan” campaign is underway in Michigan.

For his part the Governor says he has no involvement in the activity, but stopped short of saying he would refuse to listen to the call if it came.

Thursday January 18th 2018

Governor Cole rules out late Presidential entry

New York Governor Rob Cole has this morning ruled out any late entry into the Republican Presidential race saying he was "focused on winning re-election in November".

He told his packed weekly press conference "I have had calls from people in the party asking me look at getting into the Presidential race, but it is too late for me, and I am focused on winning re-election in November". Asked if he intended to endorse any of the three remaining Republican contenders "no not at this moment, I have time for all three men, and I will give my full support to whoever becomes our nominee".

Cole is expected to face a tight battle for re-election against who ever wins the Democratic Primary on February 6th between the state's Attorney General Hakeem El-Amin and Congresswomen Keila Briggs.

Friday January 19th 2018

Thorn and Shallick win in Michigan

Andrew Thorn and Henry Shallick won their parties respective primaries in Michigan last night.

It was a second straight win in 48 hours for Governor Shallick coming on the back of his New Hampshire victory, and in nine days he has turned his campaign around from a no-hoper to front runner. With 97% of districts reporting Shallick had 42% of the vote to Governor Gault's 35%, with Congressman Durham getting once again a better than expected 22%, with the remaining votes going to Liz Clark.

On the Democratic side, it was a good win for Senator Thorn picking up the states 156 delegates, the biggest prize on offer so far, winning with 33% of the vote to Senator Seaborn's 25%. It was a strong performance from former Pennsylvania Governor Michael Kellner who kept his hopes alive with a better than expected 18% of the vote, Indiana Senator Rudi Robinson was behind him with 16%, and Paris Stray with 7%.

(Full results will be posted once they have be confirmed by the Republican and Democratic state party's)

Last edited:

Friday January 19th 2018

We can confirm the results in Michigan

Republican
  1. Henry Shallick 557,534 41.83%
  2. Peter Gault 471,698 35.39%
  3. William Durham 300,110 22.52%
  4. Elizabeth Clark 3,517 0.26%
Total Vote: 1,332,859
Winning Margin: 85,831 votes 6.44%
Shallick wins the states 60 delegates

Democrat
  1. Andrew Thorn 401,385 33.31%
  2. Sam Seaborn 304,492 25.27%
  3. Michael Kellner 222,073 18.43%
  4. Rudi Robinson 190,208 15.79%
  5. Paris Stray 85,300 7.08%
  6. Kurt Carner 1,500 0.12%
Total Vote: 1,204,958
Winning Margin: 96,893 votes 8.04%
Thorn wins the states 156 delegates

Don’t the Dems use proportional allocation for Delegates?

If so, Will gladly volunteer to help with the calculations.
As I explained last week, in the "real world" they do but the show made clear during the 2006 election (Santos, Hoynes and Russell) that the delegates where awarded on a "winner takes all basis". We used this in 2014 and carried on using it.

As I explained last week, in the "real world" they do but the show made clear during the 2006 election (Santos, Hoynes and Russell) that the delegates where awarded on a "winner takes all basis". We used this in 2014 and carried on using it.
Also if we had switched to the proportional system, people would have said, "but on the show they used the Winner takes all system, so why are you using the proportional system", basically I was damned what ever system we used for the Democrats.

BBC News

Friday January 19th, 2018

Qian:"Next president may lead world towards disaster."

While giving a speech at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland Chinese president Qian Min reacted to the recent American primary elections. He was the speaking about globalism when he brought up the 2018 election.

"The rise of anti-globalism in an inter-connected world would lead the global economy stopping suddenly. We have a major Presidential candidate, the likely candidate of his party, in America spouting anti-China sentiment. That candidate would risk the total collapse of the global markets in a matter of months due to personal dislike of him and I. The market collapse and we have lots of wars.

On the other hand we have a man who will be the other parties candidate that will intervene and likely put troops in countries directly boarding China. That will lead to accidental war. Something this man and his fellow former aides want.

I warn them about their Rhetoric but they won't listen. China and America must be equal partners. Not China or America leading but EQUALS. I want a world where America, China and the rest of the world conquer space and other frontiers together. But I fear that window will close at the end of 2018. Both major candidates want a fight with China and would risk war to get it. I sadly view the American candidates as being very pro-war. I don't think they consciously want a fight but subconciously they want America to be the only successful nation. I will try to avoid war by whatever means I can. But we can only do so much."

Qian's speech is coming off as an attack against Henry Shallick and Sam Seaborn. Qian says his country will watch the election closely but China doubts the candidates will change their rhetoric. A high level source told BBC that. "China has warned the Americans about the rhetoric in their national elections since last year. Now China must prepare for three terrible options as the candidate Qian hoped would win dropped out on Sunday. It is a shame too as we hoped for improved relations now won't happen."

Last edited:
Also if we had switched to the proportional system, people would have said, "but on the show they used the Winner takes all system, so why are you using the proportional system", basically I was damned what ever system we used for the Democrats.
Can't make everyone happy.

nbs.com, Saturday January 20th

Shallick: Qian Criticism “Not relevant”

Republican Presidential candidate Henry Shallick poured scorn on suggestions that Chinese President Qian was warning against his candidacy when he spoke at the World Economic Forum in Davos. The Chinese President appeared to launch a broad sided critique of the field of Presidential candidates suggesting that none of the potential Presidents would be positive for US-China relations but Shallick was unmoved.

“I don’t think the American people spend a lot of time weighing the view of the Chinese President, simply put his views are not relevant. The Chinese said very similar things about President Walken but relations have been fairly strong; he even managed to negotiate the end of the Kazakhstan crisis. President Qian talks of equals but continues to manipulate the value of their currency, he continues to flex his muscles in south Chinese sea and he continues to circle around Kazakhstan. I am far more interested in his actions than his words.”

Qian was also criticised by current White House Chief of Staff Jim Hoehner who is in Davos with President Walken who suggested that the current inhabitant of the White House was far from happy at the Chinese Premier’s remarks. “We certainly don’t appreciate the Chinese President attempting to insert himself into our domestic politics. Frankly, there are people in the world who can be considered experts in elections and allowing choices to the people to pick their leaders. The President of China is not one of them.”

Sunday January 21st 2018

Gault drawing large crowds in South Carolina

Kansas Governor Peter Gault is drawing large crowds in a final push ahead of the South Carolina Primary on Tuesday.

Most polls have Gault pulling narrowly ahead of Henry Shallick, helped by the fact he has spent almost two weeks in the state, since his win in Iowa, apart a day in New Hampshire for the debate and a day in Michigan.

Town Halls with Gault where closed an hour before the start time in Charleston and North Charleston, on Friday and Saturday. A evening rally in the North Charleston Coliseum drew a crowd of 10,000. A state party official told NBS "We have seen nothing like this support for Governor Gault in a long time, it is even stronger than that for Don Butler twelve years ago".

Henry Shallick attended a "meet and greet" in Columbia on Friday before a string of Town Halls across the City. A campaign aide reported "The Governor is getting his message across that he is the only candidate that can win a General Election, and he is the man to build on President's Walken's legacy".

Last edited:
NBS.COM

Tuesday January 23rd, 2018

Pastor Fjord "Qian is anti-Christ "

At the Westwood Church, a 65,000 seat arena near Dallas, Texas and headquarters of Fjord Ministries, Pastor Graham Fjord made his most startling damnation to date. He accused Chinese President Qian Min of being the anti-Christ.

Pastor Fjord whom has his services broadcasted around the world via satelite Television network TBN and streams live via the Internet on YouTube reaches an estimated four million Americans. His accusation came when he had his close friend Americans Against Chinese Agression and For Taiwan (or AACAFT) boss Charlie Wu as a guest talk about the evils in China. In the massive church, Mr. Wu told the crowd the brutal tactics of Chinese state security and the horrible things being done as "reforms in China" arresting men of the cloth and forcing women to have abortions.

"How can the good God fearing people of America tolerate these actions and not cry out that the Red Chinese are lead by a vile bunch to their elected leaders? How can businesses and colleges do businesses with a nation of vile Communist dictators? How can President Walken not do everything in his power to destroy the Chinese state? The United States is the nation that God supports and the People's Republic of China is one the devil supports." Mr. Wu told the crowd. Mr. Wu went on about the evils of the People's Republic of China. He asked them to write letters to their congressmen begging them to recognize Taiwan as a free state.

After that Pastor Graham Fjord made his damning statement, "A nation the devil supports is closer to the truth than we would like. The Anti-Christ is on this earth ladies and gentlemen and I know who it is. I had a vision I was in Beijing and I saw it the form of ultimate evil in the world people, oh yes, the big boss of evil himself, the Chief Executive Devil, Lucifer! And before him was kneeling the form of a man a man when he turned around I recognized the man kneeling, it was the Chinese President!" The audience gasped in school to this allegation.

"I did not know what I had seen so I decided to make sure this vision was correct. And low and behold I find Qian Min was born on June Sixth, 1959 at 6:06 AM. Qian Min is the Anti-Christ people! The son of Satan walks on this earth and he is a world leader! His name is Qian Min and We are now in a crusade against the Chinese Communist state a state the powerful son of Satan controls totally! In this year's election I ask people to vote for the man whom you think will help us destroy the son of Satan and the forces of Chinese communism!" The crowd cheered as Pastor Fjord left the podium.

Across the country Fjord Ministries began making signs depicting the Chinese leader as a demon. In Fjord's Taiwanese Church in Wandan Township, Pingtung County, Pastor Eddie Yip announced he will be leading a prayer vigil for people in China under the control of the Anti-Christ. Pastor Yip announced he would also attack Qian as a demon with Taiwanese lawmakers.

In America, Pastor Fjord's statements have electrified the Christian Right. Some people are expecting him to endorse a candidate for president soon. He is flying out to Virginia to talk with Reverend Don Butler, a family friend about a unified fight against the "Anti-Christ."

Tuesday January 23rd 2018

Good evening and welcome to our coverage of the Nevada and South Carolina primaries.

Up for grabs tonight are 34 delegates for the Republicans in Nevada, and 50 delegates in South Carolina. For the Democrats 43 are in play in Nevada and 59 in South Carolina.

It looks like high turnouts in both states for both races.

Here are our Exit Polls:

Republicans
Nevada

1. Shallick 39%
  2. Durham 34%
  3. Gault 27%
South Carolina
  1. Gault 57%
  2. Shallick 32%
  3. Durham 11%
Democrats
Nevada

1. Seaborn 45%
  2. Thorn 26%
  3. Kellner 18%
  4. Robinson 9%
  5. Stray 2%
South Carolina
  1. Thorn 42%
  2. Seaborn 24%
  3. Kellner 18%
  4. Robinson 8%
  5. Stray 8%

Continuing Coverage of the Nevada & South Carolina primaries

If the exit polls are born out by the actual then the results of both elections in South Carolina are nothing short of sensational. It looks like Peter Gault is going to win South Carolina by 25%, that is way ahead of the final polls which had the race basically a dead heat. As for the Democrats in South Carolina, then it looks like a massive blow out win for Senator Thorn by around 18%.

In Nevada we have do some good news for Henry Shallick and Sam Seaborn as they look likely to get wins. In Nevada Shallick does seemed to have held off the challenge of Congressman Will Durham, whilst the Seaborn campaign would be happy with the win in Nevada although it is lesser than most polls had.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.