2010 US Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2017-2-8_14-55-36-png.307359

Wednesday January 31st 2018
Here is the state of both races so far after six elections so far in Iowa, New Hampshire, Michigan, Nevada, South Carolina and Florida.

Republican
1,281 Delegates are required for the Republican Presidential Nomination

1. Henry Shallick 2,212,056 43% 244 Delegates 4 states won (NH, Michigan, Nevada, Florida)
  2. Peter Gault 1,776,320 34.53% 90 Delegates 2 states won (Iowa & South Carolina)
  3. William Durham 1,058,994 20.58% 0 Delegates
  4. Elizabeth Clark 96,228 1.89% 0 Delegates
Total Vote: 5,143,598
Pop Vote Margin: Shallick over Gault: 435,736 votes
% Vote Margin: Shallick over Gault: 8.47%
Delegates: Shallick has a lead over Gault of 154 Delegates.
Shallick requires 1,037 delegates to win the nomination
Gault requires 1,191 delegates to win the nomination

Democrat
2,358 Delagates are required for the Democratic Presidential Nomination

1. Andrew Thorn 1,278,038 30.88% 272 Delegates 3 states won (Iowa, Michigan, South Carolina)
  2. Sam Seaborn 1,183,755 28.60% 321 Delegates 3 states won (NH, Nevada, Florida)
  3. Rudi Robinson 638,240 15.42% 0 Delegates
  4. Michael Kellner 618,085 14.93% 0 Delegates
  5. Paris Stray 405,354 9.79% 0 Delegates
  6. Kurt Carner 12,335 0.29% 0 Delegates
  7. Scott Bighorse 1,859 0.09% 0 Delegates
Total Vote: 4,137,666
Pop Vote Margin: Thorn over Seaborn: 94,283 votes
% Vote Margin: Thorn over Seaborn: 2.28%
Delegates: Seaborn has a lead over Thorn of 49 Delegates
Seaborn requires 2,037 delegates to win the nomination
Thorn requires 2,086 delegates to win the nomination

Last edited:

Wednesday January 31st 2018

Stray endorses Seaborn as she withdraws for Presidential battle

Maine Governor Paris Stray withdrew from the Presidential race tonight and endorsed Californian Senator Sam Seaborn.

Stray who has enhanced her national standing in the party told supporters back in Augusta "I am very proud of the campaign I and you have run, but I am a realist, I can't see any way forward for us, my chance of winning the nomination has gone, but it is important my voice and your voices continue to heard in this race" before adding "a few minutes ago before coming to speak to you, I spoke to Senator Sam Seaborn, I congratulated him on his victory in Florida yesterday, before giving him my endorsement, and I ask you all now to support him, he is now our best hope of winning back the White House".

The endorsement of Governor Stray will be a major boost for the Seaborn campaign as the race now heads towards "Super-Dupa" Tuesday in six days time.

Last edited:
NBS.COM
Thursday February 1st 2018

Below is President Walken's State of the Union Speech from last night

2018 State of the Union Address

January 31st, 2018

United States Capitol Building, Washington D.C.

President Glen Allen Walken

Mr. Speaker, Madam Vice President, Members of Congress, my fellow Americans:

Tonight marks the eighth year I've come here to report on the State of the Union. And for this final one, I'm going to try to make it shorter.

(applause)

I know some of you are antsy to get back out on the campaign trail. Lord knows I’ve been there. If you’re interested, when this is over I’ll be shaking hands in the lobby if you want some advice

(laughter)

I also understand that because it's an election season, expectations for what we'll achieve this year are low. However, if you think that I’m just gonna sit back with my feet up while y’all fight it out to replace me, you’re dead wrong. We’ve accomplished oh so much over these past 7 years, but we still have so much more to do. As President Kennedy once told us, “our national work would not be finished "in the first thousand days, nor in the life of this administration, nor even perhaps in our lifetime on this planet, but, let us begin”. 2 years after that, President Johnson took up his mantle, calling on Americans to “let us continue”.

(applause)

12 years ago, my predecessor, President Matthew Santos, campaigned on a pledge of reforming our nation’s education system. Even as he started his crusade, I know that President Santos knew that things he set in motion would not fully develop and play out during his presidency; perhaps not even his lifetime. 12 years, Lord knows that’s a long time. For 12 years, Education Reform has failed time and time again for one reason or another. Well I say that 12 years is enough. Americans have had enough. They’re tired of hearing over and over again that I can’t be done. For decades our schools have fallen farther and farther behind the rest of the world. Matt, if you’re watching out there tonight, let us continue. Tonight, I’m here to pledge to the American people once and for all that I before I leave office a year from now, I will sign education reform into law! But we can’t do it alone. No sir. We must now come together as a nation, because if we don’t, they’re may be no coming back. To my Democratic colleagues, I call upon you now to honor the commitment you gave to Presidents Santos and Bartlett all those years ago. And to my own party members, enough is enough. Enough talk, enough whining, enough bull. We are going to fund charter schools, we’re going to fund school vouchers, we’re going to find a way to alleviate the student debt that is crushing our young people. And darn it, we are going to eliminate teacher tenure. No longer will unions be able to protect lousy teachers who don’t care about their students. No longer will sexual harassment complaints be swept aside because a teacher was there for so many years! Enough is enough. We can’t afford to wait anymore. The time for change is now!

(applause)

But education is not the only pressing issue we must tackle. No, there is another issue that has been kicked down the road more times than perhaps any other issue. For decades, our roads, our schools, our hospitals, our bridges, our tunnels, are crumbling. This may come as a shock to some of you, but sometimes, politicians lie to you.

(laughter)

Every 2 years, when the re-election cameras are on them, they tell you that they’ll bring home the money to fix everything, and then as soon as the cameras turn away, they suddenly don’t care anymore. The far left will tell you that the millionaires and billionaires are the problem, that they don’t pay their fair share, so we can’t afford to fix them. The far right will tell you that taxes are too high, and that it isn’t the government’s problem. let me tell y’all something: I’m sick and tired of both of them.

(applause)

Time and time again, we’ve kicked this can down the road. No more. The solution to this is right in front of us. All you have to do is look at states like South Carolina, or West Virginia, or New York. Their Governors are already taking action, creating incentives for businesses to invest in new infrastructure. Government and Business can work together if we create the right environment for it to happen. But it isn’t going to happen if we keep sitting on our hands and kicking the can down the road.

Business and Innovation built this country and we need to come together with them again if we’re going to fix our problems.

(applause)

Over the past 7 years, we have seen out great nation make leaps and bounds to overcome the economic hardships of the past decade. Jobs are up, wages are up, unemployment is down, consumer confidence is souring. We’ve slashed the deficit and government waste. We come a long way in 7 years, and a balanced federal budget is finally, after many, many years, within our grasps.

(applause)

We’ve protected our Second Amendment,

(applause)

and we’ve protected our religious liberties.

(applause)

We’ve stood firm and united; unwavering in the face of foreign aggression abroad. We continue to stand firm and united; unwavering in the face of Islamic Extremism both at home and abroad; ever mindful that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

(applause)

We still have much to accomplish in the coming months, and with your help, we’re going to soar.

And that is why, my fellow Americans, it is my solemn honor to inform you tonight that the State of Our Great Union is Strong!

(applause)

Thank you, goodnight, and God Bless America!

Last edited:
NBS.COM

Senate Leaders: "Walken should have attacked China in SOTU."

Despite high praises for Walken's State of the Union Senate Majority Leader Cody Riley (R-AL) did criticize President Glen Allen Walken. The Majority Leader and Majority Whip, Max Lobell III, were enthused by most of the speech. They did state one thing they were less than enthused with. The lack of a verbal attack on the PRC's government.

"President Qian has felt the need to inject himself into our electoral process. A dictator. A communist, brutal thug with no understanding of democracy bullying the United States, failing to sway us, trying to sway the elction to the face of our President and other world leaders and yet the president does not attack Qian? I am befuddled by the lack of hard attacks against Qian Min. Qian's actions proves to me that China is trying to find loopholes to involve itself in our elections. Such an act is illegal and certainly morally wrong. Yet President Walken did not take a hard stance against China as I had hoped." Senator Riley told reporters.

Senator Lowbell stated, "I think the President should have attacked China in the State of the Union. It's an easy target and from my perspective a new curveball in the Middle East. Everyone forgets there is 130,000 Red Chinese troops in Qumar right now. They say they'll leave in 2022 but I doubt we can trust any statement the PRC has said."

Across the aisle Minorty Leader Jimmy Fitzsimmons dealing with a slew of teacher unions representatives made the following statement to reporters on Walken's statement of the State of the Union. "China's human rights record is abysmal. They have tried reform yet the old bosses are still around. I find Chinese attempts to get involved in our elections disgusting and I had hoped the president would put his foot down. He did not. Senator Riley and I are considering pushing tariffs against China forward in the Senate and we have talked to leadership in the House of Representatives. We shall see if this bill has a chance."

Senator Riley made it clear if tariff bill against certain Chinese goods are put to the floor he is confident that the Seante would vote heavily in favor of it. "I know everything is made in China but we must show Qian and his bullies we can fight back. I am certain Walken would sign the tariffs bill."

NBS.COM

2018 State of the Union- Democratic Response

January 31st, 2018

William Bennett Bizzell Memorial Undergraduate Library, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma

Governor Robert “Bob” Kenny

Civi et Reipublicae”. That’s a Latin phrase that means, “For the benefit of the Citizen and the State”. Those very words are carved into the arches that form the entrance to the Undergraduate Library here at Oklahoma University, here in Norman. The same university that in 1948, was taken before the Supreme Court by an extraordinarily brave young woman named Ada Lois Sipuel, who challenged the university’s racist, bigoted and segregationist admissions policies. Aided by an intrepid young lawyer named Thurgood Marshall, Ms. Sipuel won the right to attend the University of Oklahoma Law School, toppling yet another domino in the battle for Civil Rights. Ms. Sipuel herself would go on to play a pivotal role in the Civil Rights Movement, never forgetting the motto of her alma mater, “Civi et Reipublicae”, “For the benefit of the Citizen and the State”

It’s quite a shame that in today’s politics, particularly in Washington, courage of the likes of Ms. Sipuel, can no longer be found. Tonight, we heard from President Walken, his plans and vision for his final year in office. As always, President Walken showed the world his talent for public speaking as well as the talent of his speech writing staff. The speech would have been even more inspiring… if the President hadn’t been saying the exact same thing for past 8 years. 8 years without a single major legislative accomplishment to his name. 8 years of taking credit for things that he had no control over. He talks about over seeing nearly 8 years of continuous growth. Well, considering where we started, it’d be hard to do anything else. He talks the same way about job growth, and about consumer confidence. But it’s all the same bull. For the past 8 years, America has been plagued by both a do-nothing congress, and a do-nothing President.

We have a President who has done nothing to address the 15,000 Americans who are killed each year by gun violence. We have a President who seemingly ignored the 1,241 Americans who have been killed already this year. We have a President who has yet to even address the fact that there have been 11 school shootings already this year, and it’s only the last day of January. And the problem isn’t guns, nor is it the overwhelming majority of Americans who own a firearm in their home. This isn’t an issue of political divide between Democrats and Republicans, Conservatives and Liberals. What this is about, is the President and Congress lacking the courage to mandate universal background checks. 83%. That’s not the percentage of Americans who support universal background checks, because that number is even higher. No, 83% represents the number of due paying members of the National Rifle Association, myself included, who support Universal background checks.

We have a President who has turned a blind eye to the millions of Americans who remain without health insurance because they can’t afford it themselves. We have a President who can’t seem to get the fence post out of his ass when it comes to immigration. We have a President who can’t seem to be bothered to do anything at all.

Those of you watching tonight might be saying to yourselves, “haven’t I heard all this before”. And your right, you have. Two years ago, my very good friend, Senator Bradley Denning, said the exact same thing. He said that America has a do-nothing President. Now it’s 2 years later, and would ya just look at that, nothing’s changed.

Oh, and there’s just one more thing. Tonight, we heard the President tell the world that business build this great country of ours. That partnering with businesses is the only way to rebuild our nation’s crumbling infrastructure, because they were the ones who built it to begin with.

Well, Mr President, you know that nice paved road you drove on to get to the Capital Building tonight? Guess what, you didn’t build that. No, the roads, schools, bridges, and tunnels of our great nation were built with the American tax dollar and on the backs of the American worker. And that big ‘ole White House you go to sleep in every night, was built on the backs off slaves, owned by our government. Some “business” model. No, Mr President, you didn’t build this nation, big business didn’t build this nation; the American People built this nation.

Perhaps it’s fitting that tomorrow begins Black History month, as it’s been 70 years since Ada Lois Sipuel won her admittance to Oklahoma University; a victory and milestone that we will proudly be celebrating. When Ms. Sipuel graduated in 1951, her diploma read the same as all the others, carry the proud Oklahoma University motto. It’s time to act Mr. President, “Civi et Reipublicae”, “For the benefit of the Citizen and the State”

Thank you, and Goodnight.

Friday February 2nd 2018

Shallick blitz's "Super-Dupa" Tuesday states

Henry Shallick's campaign unleashed a massive ad buy across some of the key states voting this coming Tuesday.

Arkansas, Arizona, California, Minnesota, Illinois, Tennessee and West Virginia which have a combined total of 474 delegates of the 1,250 delegates up for grabs have already started to see a stepping up of ads from the Shallick campaign. The adverts apart from in Arizona ad California have been targeted at Kansas Governor Peter Gault and his ability to win a General Election. The adverts against Congressman Durham have focused on his lack of experience compared to Shallick who has been a Congressman, Governor, White House Chief of Staff and Labor Secretary.

Colt Merchant, the former campaign manager for Liz Clark's campaign told NBS " Our polling told us Governor Shallick is seen as fairly uninspiring but he's better known and much better funded than either Gault or Durham, he has hooved up lots of money and support which would have gone to the Vice-President, it's very clear from the Shallick campaign from here on they go all out, go negative,with huge spending to blow the others away".

Last edited:

Friday February 2nd 2018

Furious Hoehner throws Riley and Republican Senate Leadership out of the White House

Reports are coming in that White House Chief of Staff Jim Hoehner threw the Republican Senate Leadership out of the Roosevelt room in the White House after a furious row over Senate Majority Leader Cody Riley attacks on the President Walken's State of the Union Address over the issue of China.

A furious Hoehner who is well known in Washington for having a furious temper, walked into the meeting with Cody Riley, Max Lobell, and the two Whips David Morrison and Randell Thomas according to multiple witnesses said "why are you screwing the President over" Riley then apparently responded attacking the "President's lack of action on China" adding "you are the Pr**k driving him to the safe ground, you don't want to p*ss anyone off". At which point Hoehner told the four men and there aids they could "all "f**k off" out of the White House".

We understand chairs where pushed over, and a resulting scuffle alerted the Secret Service outside who separated Senator Riley and Hoehner.

No-one from the White House or the Senate Majority Leaders office have yet to make any comment.

Last edited:
Warning
nbs.com

February 3rd, 2018; 9:35 PM

Shots Fired at President, Walken unharmed

President Walken is unharmed and on his way back to the White House tonight after a would-be assassin fired two shots at the man in charge. The President was in attendance of the NHL Stadium Series, an outdoor game held annually, this year between the Washington Capitals and Walken’s hometown St. Louis Blues at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Maryland.

The young woman, identified as Amanda Gershwin, gained entry to the private suite Walken was in and fired 2 shots from a FN Five-Seven pistol in short succession, before being tackled and restrained by secret service members. The two bullets lodged in the floor, merely five feet away from the president seat. No one was hurt, and the FBI believe Gershwin was acting alone. Gershwin, 25, is currently a student at UC Berkley’s School of Law. Her motive is currently unknown.

Walken was quickly rushed out of the stadium, commenting “Maybe I’ll just stick to football in the future.”

nbs.com

President Walken is unharmed and on his way back to the White House tonight after a would-be assassin fired two shots at the man in charge. The President was in attendance of the NHL Stadium Series, an outdoor game held annually, this year between the Washington Capitals and Walken’s hometown St. Louis Blues at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Maryland.

The young woman, identified as Amanda Gershwin, gained entry to the private suite Walken was in and fired 2 shots from a FN Five-Seven pistol in short succession, before being tackled and restrained by secret service members. The two bullets lodged in the floor, merely five feet away from the president seat. No one was hurt, and the FBI believe Gershwin was acting alone. Gershwin, 25, is currently a student at UC Berkley’s School of Law. Her motive is currently unknown.

Walken was quickly rushed out of the stadium, commenting “Maybe I’ll just stick to football in the future.”
Sorry guys this not something I have ever done before in nearly ten years, but I am asking you all not to take the post above as "cannon" within the thread and ignore it.

Last edited:
NBS.COM

FEBURARY 4th, 2018

Studio 60: "West Wing Wrestling League." State of the Union stadium cam, FlyUS ad, and other sketches...

Last Night Studio 60 had on guest host Saoirse Ronan and musical guest Jeff Lynn of ELO fame.

Last night's Studio 60 made fun of recent White House intrigue with a wrestling style segment. Bradley Dunning whom was playing Jim Hoehner as wrestler the Gate Keeper, Frank Ermy as Senator Riley AKA the Terror of Bama, Tommy Suraez as Senator Loebell, Danny Martin as Pres. Walken as WWW Chairman, and Mike Chu as Walken's competotor Fu Man Qian.

The sketch was filled typical tropes of professional wrestling including people getting hit with folding chairs, finishing moves and over the top drama. Mike Wu as Qian appeared at the end of the match greedily mocking them. "The more you hate the stronger I get. "

Also they made fun of of the State of the Union. Saoirse Ronan played a page running a three card monte game which then escalated into craps, then roulette before becoming a full scale casino. Bradley Dunning as Senator Fitzsimmons was playing with a paddle board game. Meanwhile Craig Abbar as Sam Seaborn wore a Seaborn 2018 T-shirt and many senators around him began wearing the shirts as the sketch went on. Maxine Valentine as Vice President Liz Clark held up a sign saying "Screw Shallick, Gault goes to bed with Atlas Shrugged" Michael Hernadez played Senator Thorn surrounded by aides and financial advisors while Thorn was on his cellphone trading stocks in Tokyo. Gennifer Wooley played a confused tourist lost during the speech. Danny Martin played it straight delivering the State of the Union as Walken.

Also run was an airline ad spoofing FlyUS Airlines recent airplane problems and hotels they put in stranded passengers. "This hotel only had 4 murders in it this year so far." Says Saoirse Ronan as Spokeswoman Sunny Walker. She then goes on the airlines plane before it jostled up and down as the old 747 dropped an engine, oxygen masks dropped from the ceiling and alarms rang. The ad then cut to Sunny in the middle of nowhere as the plane landed at the wrong airport. The ad ended with the title card: "FlyUS: We'll get you there, eventually."

Othe sketches included not so nice Minnesotans (where they discuss their nice revenge on Eagles fans who were rude to them last weekend), anime convention (Saoirse Ronan was dressed up like Card Captor Sakura), a meeting of the illuminati (discussing global domination through energy drinks) and Qian Min: Exercise tapes.

Jeff Lynne played "When I was a Boy" and "Mr. Blue Sky."

Last edited:

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
nbs.com

Please do NOT try to radically alter a thread with almost 10,000 posts without asking the OP.

BBC.COM/NEWS/US/

Februrary 5th, 2018

Passenger beaten and dragged off of FlyUS flight

Major American airline FlyUS has just had a passenger dragged and beaten on a domestic flight from Minneapolis to New York at Minneapolis Saint Paul International Airport this morning. Videos showing the incident show the male passenger refusing to give up his start for an airline employee. The airline offered up to 600 dollars and then tried to force the passenger off of the plane by randomly selecting him. The passenger said his wife needed him as she suffered emphysema and needed help. When the passenger refused Bloomington Police were contacted and two stewardess helped drag the passenger off. Then police punched the man in the face and the two stewardesses kicked the man according to the video. The passenger and his wife left the airplane. Police have yet to reveal the passenger's name.

This is complicating things for FlyUS Airlines as they are already dealing with fallout from booking passengers in overbooked flights in seedy hotels, landing at the wrong airport and a spare engine falling from a FlyUS plane and landing in a field in Scotland. Because the video of the passenger getting beaten up and being dragged off has gone viral stocks for FlyUS has plummeted since trading started this morning.

No one is certain what will happen to this embattled airline but many experts agree the airline is far from out of troubled waters.

upload_2018-2-4_16-4-11-png.368742

Monday February 5th 2018

Candidates in a hectic final push

The six remaining six Presidential hopefuls from both parties where campaigning heavily ahead of the 25 states voting tomorrow.

On the Democratic side, two of the key battleground states are Illinois which has 182 delegates up for grabs, with all three candidates in a virtual dead heat on the final polling with Senator Seaborn on 34%, with Senators Robinson and Thorn tied on 33% each. All three candidates have paid visits to the state in the last 48 hrs, much as the same goes for neighbouring Missouri which has 88 delegates on offer which has Senator Seaborn on 35%, Senator Thorn 33% and Senator Robinson on 32%.
We are also seeing a big push from Senator Robinson in the North-East in Massachusetts which has 121 delegates, Senator Thorn has 35%, with Senator Robinson on 34% and Senator Seaborn on 31%, the same goes for Delaware which has Thorn on 36%, Seaborn on 34% and Robinson on 30%.

On the Republican side we have been seeing a massive push from the Shallick campaign in California where they attemptingto beat Congressman Durham who is course from that state, and it seems it's going to be a fight against Durham in Arizona and New Mexico. Durham's campaign believe they can win all three of these states, whilst the fight between Shallick and Gault is focused on Minnesota, Delaware and Colorado which may depend on the evangelical turnout. Governor Gault was campaigning in Illinois, after trips to Arkansas and Tennessee. He was then heading to Montana, North Dakota and then onto Minnesota.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Durham come back into contention as I feel he's probably the candidate who'd make things the most interesting against Seaborn in the general.

Status
Not open for further replies.