TL 191 DBWI: Jake Featherston's Phone sold at auction

so i heard on the radio a few days ago that Jake Featherson's Telephone was sold at an auction for a few thousand dollars. your opinions on this?

I hoping that the Museum of American History will add it to their collection. I was there a week ago and they could use a couple additions to the Freedomite exhibit.

I can't believe I'm related to that Snake.

I'm something like the fourth cousin three times removed of Jonathan Moss, that lawyer that judged a couple of Featherston's cronies. That was pretty cool to find out!

(OOC: AFAIK, I don't actually have any American relations)

- BNC

I honestly think the US should have created puppet states as opposed to outright annexing the CSA.

Yes. And Canada, too. Over time, Yankee and Dixie cultures became far too different to even consider unification. And yet, someone had the obviously perfect idea to keep Canada under permanent occupation while annexing the CSA altogether!

Disgusting.

Yes. And Canada, too. Over time, Yankee and Dixie cultures became far too different to even consider unification. And yet, someone had the obviously perfect idea to keep Canada under permanent occupation while annexing the CSA altogether!

Disgusting.
I think that Texas and Quebec should have been the norm and not the exception.

Yes.

Say, do you have any artifact related to the Featherston regime?
I do have a Freedomite era Military Uniform (a marching uniform, not a combat one), and i also got my hands on a Helmet that was worn by a Mexican Auxiliary unit during Operation Blackbeard that i got from a fellow collector, along with a few grenades.

ooc: yes, i am a collector in real life, although my lack of money prevents me from expanding it much.

Say, do you have any artifact related to the Featherston regime?
I have the pistol of General William Simpson, who commanded Army Group Potomac during the last days of the War and the Battle of Richmond, where he devised some very good defensive plans
OOC: I made General William Simpson the American!Heinrici because of his Texan origin.

I think that Texas and Quebec should have been the norm and not the exception.
It's kinda ironic that Texas voted for and was granted annexation a decade after the war because they couldn't pay off their debts, considering how that parallels what happened to them in the 1800s as well. I do suppose that was better than forceful annexation, what with will of the people and all, even considering the complicity of the Texians during the Featherston regime.

OOC: I hope you don't mind me putting this in. I just kinda want to see all the Old US be reunited for once in these DBWI. And as a disclaimer, I... actually haven't read TL-191, though I do know a significant amount through osmosis of being on this site.

Naturally any thread about the former Confederacy gets flooded by apologists and people spouting politically reactionary racist dog whistles.

"I'm not racist because I don't want to kill all blacks , I just want the former plantocracy dominated, slavery pushing and dependent state to still exist"

Naturally any thread about the former Confederacy gets flooded by apologists and people spouting politically reactionary racist dog whistles.

"I'm not racist because I don't want to kill all blacks , I just want the former plantocracy dominated, slavery pushing and dependent state to still exist"
Hmmm? If that was referring to me, I assure you I'm not at all what you describe; could you please expound on your statement?

Hmmm? If that was referring to me, I assure you I'm not at all what you describe; could you please expound on your statement?

Not you, but many others in this thread bemoaning the fact that the Confederacy was annexed at the end of the Second Great War.

Not you, but many others in this thread bemoaning the fact that the Confederacy was annexed at the end of the Second Great War.
Ah yes. I really have no love for the CSA.

Speaking of artifacts, I don't have any personally, but from back when I lived in Kansas, I remember the state was just littered with junk from the GW2. I don't know the exact battles or anything though; I should really read my history more.