TL 191 DBWI: Jake Featherston's Phone sold at auction

From a British perspective, I'm not too concerned. The Silver Shirts aren't exactly admired in Great Britain, but they're not despised either. In fact, the way they governed Britain during the Second Great War is usually considered pretty good.

Featherstone, on the other hand, was clearly an extremist. The memory of the Confederacy is viewed well, but their leaders are not. By all means, buy and sell a relic of his administration, but do not expect approval.

In fact, it would be unwise of any American to take for granted the approval of a Briton, considering the terms of peace inflicted upon us in the Great Wars.

It's kinda ironic that Texas voted for and was granted annexation a decade after the war because they couldn't pay off their debts, considering how that parallels what happened to them in the 1800s as well. I do suppose that was better than forceful annexation, what with will of the people and all, even considering the complicity of the Texians during the Featherston regime.

OOC: I hope you don't mind me putting this in. I just kinda want to see all the Old US be reunited for once in these DBWI. And as a disclaimer, I... actually haven't read TL-191, though I do know a significant amount through osmosis of being on this site.

Haven't read all of TL 191 either, except for the first two Great War books.

Something else that i find odd is how people these days are comparing anyone they don't like to Featherston. sure, Featherston was a bad man, but if you keep using the comparisons, then it starts to wear out.

From a British perspective, I'm not too concerned. The Silver Shirts aren't exactly admired in Great Britain, but they're not despised either. In fact, the way they governed Britain during the Second Great War is usually considered pretty good.

Featherstone, on the other hand, was clearly an extremist. The memory of the Confederacy is viewed well, but their leaders are not. By all means, buy and sell a relic of his administration, but do not expect approval.

In fact, it would be unwise of any American to take for granted the approval of a Briton, considering the terms of peace inflicted upon us in the Great Wars.

The Silver Shirts definitely didn't rise to the ranks of the Freedom Party. Still, their actions in Ireland during GWII are less than laudable. Especially the 1943 Dublin Massacre.

The Silver Shirts definitely didn't rise to the ranks of the Freedom Party. Still, their actions in Ireland during GWII are less than laudable. Especially the 1943 Dublin Massacre.

No indeed. The Conservative influence on the coalition helped restrain the most radical aspects of their policies.

However harsh the situation was in Ireland, however, few Britons have any regrets. The 'Ulstermen' diaspora in Great Britain frequently commemorates the anniversary of the bombardment of Belfast by the Germans and Americans during the Ulster Rising.