"What Madness Is This?" - A Timeline

Is Eskimoland an official entity?

Canada? I had considered it. In the future, Canada and Louisiana will probably be granted higher autonomy, kind of like OTL British Empire. Or a Caesar might proclaim one of his family members or allies "King of Canada" or such.

Canada? I had considered it. In the future, Canada and Louisiana will probably be granted higher autonomy, kind of like OTL British Empire. Or a Caesar might proclaim one of his family members or allies "King of Canada" or such.
There was a reference to Eskimoland earlier for the exclusive rights to the Pacific Coast going to Russia. Oh, and lovely work on the Bourbons. Look like they are going to be one of the less attractive families to marry into.

Last edited:
Alrighty then. Heres the final 1826 map. One last change I made was giving the last French trading post in Bengal to Austria. It just makes more sense thats all.

Next will be 1831, after the fall of the Spanish Empire.
Do not forget the Kingdom of Etruria. Possibly also expand Holland into East Friesland. Depends what the boss says. Ahh, and the Alands...

Last edited:
I loved the Congress of Berlin chapters. :D Lots of great buildup, lots of intrigue, both political and otherwise (my favorite being when the Prussians stole Goodyear's train plans), lots of creative alternate inventions, and of course, creative territorial partitions. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see how the congress ends.

I also found Goodyear's continued ranting and raving hilarious for some reason. :p Maybe because of how over the top it was.

I must say though, things are moving in a very interesting direction. I mean, potential Prussian dynastic takeover of three different countries, disputes over Africa, a united European alliance against China, and Napoleon II coming close to controlling four, count them four, different freakin empires?!?!?! :eek::D

6f6.gif

:p

Last edited:
So Napoleon, how is the map? Many areas have been mentioned and we all know how often borders changed during the Napoleonic Wars. Who has Sardinia for instance? You letting them go to England as suggested earlier?

So Napoleon, how is the map? Many areas have been mentioned and we all know how often borders changed during the Napoleonic Wars. Who has Sardinia for instance? You letting them go to England as suggested earlier?

Letting them go to England? I think Sardinia is independent, as well the Sicily for that matter.

@Clan: Nope, Eskimoland is the area blocked off and north. California is a whole other thing, and Mexico and France will dispute it eventually.

Sardinia is a really good question. I had accidentally forgotten them. Hold on...

EDIT: Okay, Sardinia is probably still doing its own thing. France appears to have its mainland holdings, so the island itself is probably isolationist. It might become a vacation spot in the future. It's definitely in no condition to fight anyone. It's totally surrounded by former enemies now, so it's a French boot-licker.

Sicily is the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, ruled by Zénaïde, daughter of Joseph Bonaparte (Joseph I of Ireland)

I loved the Congress of Berlin chapters. :D Lots of great buildup, lots of intrigue, both political and otherwise (my favorite being when the Prussians stole Goodyear's train plans), lots of creative alternate interventions, and of course, creative territorial partitions. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see how the congress ends.

I also found Goodyear's continued ranting and raving hilarious for some reason. :p Maybe because of how over the top it was.

I must say though, things are moving in a very interesting direction. I mean, potential Prussian dynastic takeover of three different countries, disputes over Africa, a united European alliance against China, and Napoleon II coming close to controlling four, count them four, different freakin empires?!?!?! :eek::D

6f6.gif

:p

That GIF is going on my comp. :p:D

Yep, before the Eisenbahn Affair, the Prussians were the favorite nationality of the R.U. Not anymore.

Goodyear is going to get even worse over time. Just watch. :D

Napoleon II is definitely going to have his hands full. ;)

Last edited:
^ Thanks. :D I agree this GIF is just too hilarious, hence why I posted it. ;):p

I can't wait to see what happens next. The same goes for Goodyear and Napoleon II now that you mention it. :cool:

So Napo, what do you think about the 1831 map?

It's awesome! Very good work. I don't see anything wrong, except make sure Sicily is right (it might be).

You mentioned that Sicily would be independent, as it was during the Napoleonic Wars OTL. So I imagine its still independent, as it was never conquered by Naples. Thats another mistake I noticed in the Congress chapters btw.

You mentioned that Sicily would be independent, as it was during the Napoleonic Wars OTL. So I imagine its still independent, as it was never conquered by Naples. Thats another mistake I noticed in the Congress chapters btw.

I did? Dang, you're good. ;)

I was planning on unification as a reward to Napoleon's Naples puppet. I think it should be made canon. Go ahead and make the one edit on the latest map, and we'll just know that's the only real "inaccuracy" on the others. :p:D I would say it was less "conquered" and more "subjugated." I mean, Sicily simply can't hold back Caesar Napoleon at the end of the Great Wars.

I did? Dang, you're good. ;)

I was planning on unification as a reward to Napoleon's Naples puppet. I think it should be made canon. Go ahead and make the one edit on the latest map, and we'll just know that's the only real "inaccuracy" on the others. :p:D I would say it was less "conquered" and more "subjugated." I mean, Sicily simply can't hold back Caesar Napoleon at the end of the Great Wars.

Not a bad idea, but I don't know. Mabye Sicily is an underling of the French Empire like England. Napoleon might not have invaded Sicily because he wanted to divert attention elsewhere. For example, France has a huge empire in the Americas.

Not a bad idea, but I don't know. Mabye Sicily is an underling of the French Empire like England. Napoleon might not have invaded Sicily because he wanted to divert attention elsewhere. For example, France has a huge empire in the Americas.

Not a bad idea, either, but it does make it a little more of a symbol of Napoleon rewarding his allies. If the countries allied to him start thinking they get screwed, bad things could happen. :p Napoleon has a fondness, like OTL, of placing family members on as many thrones as possible, so he'd probably prefer placing his niece Zenaide on the throne. Don't forget, England is only independent because he didn't want to invade because it would never accept French rule. ;) Decades down the line, whatever descendent of Zenaide who is on the throne might get angry Sicily was never given to his family, and he has no recollection of Napoleon at all. Plus, the fact that Joseph checked out to become King of Ireland (which is a HUGE country), might trigger envy or war, since the Naples regime are his direct descendents. :eek:

Not a bad idea, either, but it does make it a little more of a symbol of Napoleon rewarding his allies. If the countries allied to him start thinking they get screwed, bad things could happen. :p Napoleon has a fondness, like OTL, of placing family members on as many thrones as possible, so he'd probably prefer placing his niece Zenaide on the throne. Don't forget, England is only independent because he didn't want to invade because it would never accept French rule. ;)

I see what you mean. I could just go back and fix the older maps then.

Decades down the line, whatever descendent of Zenaide who is on the throne might get angry Sicily was never given to his family, and he has no recollection of Napoleon at all. Plus, the fact that Joseph checked out to become King of Ireland (which is a HUGE country), might trigger envy or war, since the Naples regime are his direct descendents. :eek:

Wait, are you planning on actually using this then? :eek:

I see what you mean. I could just go back and fix the older maps then.

Wait, are you planning on actually using this then? :eek:

Only if you want. I can understand how that would be a pain. I'd appreciate it though!

I considered it, and it is interesting, but I think Italy needs to be stable French allied territory, and it does complicate my royal families list (I've been striving to get monarchies to last longer in this by simplifying ruling families and such, because if I had many more independent royals, the butterflies would be overwhelming by 1900 and I'd go nuts :p). I want a South-European Bloc, essentially. :D

New thoughts on how I mentioned earlier Sardinia might become a vacation spot: while the rest of Europe is industrializing and filling the air with soot and smog, people can still come to Sardinia to experience an OTL-Switzerland type vacation and business trip. In short, it stays neutral, while the real Switzerland is a militarist French zone.

^ I'll upload final version of the maps onto my deviantart account soon and then post them all in one post here. Sounds good? :)

I agree the Italian states should be stable. Also, I have indeed noticed you going crazy with butterflies, and I can't wait to see what this world looks like when 1900 rolls around. :eek::cool:

Sardinia as a Switzerland analog? Interesting Idea. Finland also kinda seems like a Switzerland analog. I'm curious as to which nation is more like Switzerland then?