Map Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Map I made out of boredom, inspired by the story I've been planning but never get around to writing.

Basically, anti-fascists of the radical left variety discover a funny way of going "back in time" (in reality, just going to a different universe/timeline), and organize a plan to go back and kill as many Nazis as possible. The nature of the "time" travel, which allows you to just go back to your home universe if you die, makes it all very video game-like to the young Nazi-smashers. Nonetheless, they receive some material support from Mossad.

Big hammer-and-sickles represent brigades that possess modern weaponry (at least one of them has a tank). Small ones represent brigades that are just going with the old "steal their guns" strategy, though also using their own home-made explosives and other junk.

The map only represents the first stage of the plan, which includes obliterating the leaderships of Reichskommissariats Ostland and Ukraine, collapsing the supply chain for the Nazi troops on the Eastern Front, saving as many Jews as possible, and killing as many SS as possible.

View attachment 189472

It's not meant to be the most serious story ever. As you can tell by the names of some of the brigades, there's some lightheartedness.

Though things will very likely get quite heavy, as the European and American anarchist kids encounter the horrors of the Nazis first-hand.

The story would more than likely follow the II Brigade "Vanguard," by the way.
Wouldn't almost everyone in those camps have been kept there if the communists actually managed to win this thing due to their educations? Also, how are they feeding everyone? Are they taking all the food from the other prisoners?

Not bad at all, but there are some minor mistakes:

- the municipality of Dragaš in southern Kosovo has an albanian majority
- the municipality of Mamuša (above Prizren) has a turkish majority
- the newly formed municipalities of Gračanica, Klokot, Parteš, Ranilug, Northern Mitrovica and the extended municipality of Novo Brdo have a serbian majority.
- the municipality of Hodoš in Slovenia has a hungarian majority

I've made a similar map a while ago:

I am also working on an ethnic map of Yugoslavia in 1991 according to settlements, this is what I've finished so far (the final map will be available in a better resolution):

Hi, could someone perhaps make such map with the other countries of the Balkan as well? That'd be really cool! :cool:

Not bad at all, but there are some minor mistakes:

- the municipality of Dragaš in southern Kosovo has an albanian majority
- the municipality of Mamuša (above Prizren) has a turkish majority
- the newly formed municipalities of Gračanica, Klokot, Parteš, Ranilug, Northern Mitrovica and the extended municipality of Novo Brdo have a serbian majority.
- the municipality of Hodoš in Slovenia has a hungarian majority

I've made a similar map a while ago:

I am also working on an ethnic map of Yugoslavia in 1991 according to settlements, this is what I've finished so far (the final map will be available in a better resolution):

Very nice and thanks on the pointers. At the same time as far as I can see you have a pair of mistakes at first glance in Montenegro
- Žabljak should be Serb majority
- Savnik should be Serb plurality
(following you map key)

The basemap for 1991 you have will come quite handly for my project of making 1981 ethnic borders by municipality.

Here is a follow up on my previous map, just this one shows ethnic distirubtion of Croats in 2006. I fully expect the Krapina-Zagorje county to become 100% in the 2011 census data, if not then it will definately be so by 2021.

Etni?ki razmještaj Hrvata 2006.png

So people who were nominally German then. But still, its not to say there were many Germans in the Balkans excluding urban hubs.

While they were'nt as numerous as they were in other parts of Europe, their were in fact a noticable amount of Balkan Germans, the below shows the places in the Austro-Hungarian Balkans that were German Majority in 1910; their were very likely German minorities of various sizes elsewhere in the Balkans as well.

Balkan Germans.png

While they were'nt as numerous as they were in other parts of Europe, their were in fact a noticable amount of Balkan Germans, the below shows the places in the Austro-Hungarian Balkans that were German Majority in 1910; their were very likely German minorities of various sizes elsewhere in the Balkans as well.

Looks like the Croats took Slovenian land then have up more of it to the Italians while keeping the newly vacated stuff for themselves

Looks like the Croats took Slovenian land then have up more of it to the Italians while keeping the newly vacated stuff for themselves

Not really, the border for the most part is pretty close to the present day Slvoenian-Croatian border, the part of Istria taken by Croatia was not part of a Slovenian polity, rather it was part of the multiethnic Küstenland, a division of the Austrian part of the Empire.

From the "A Second Chance" NG, A map of South America focusing on the Republic of New Britain. :)
1newbritainmapfinishedagainx2.png

Here's a map of the world from the same NG for reference.
1mad.png

What do you think?

Back in the old days, the Germans sure got around.

Very nice and thanks on the pointers. At the same time as far as I can see you have a pair of mistakes at first glance in Montenegro
(following you map key)

The basemap for 1991 you have will come quite handly for my project of making 1981 ethnic borders by municipality.

Here is a follow up on my previous map, just this one shows ethnic distirubtion of Croats in 2006. I fully expect the Krapina-Zagorje county to become 100% in the 2011 census data, if not then it will definately be so by 2021.

The most Croatian places in the world are actually outside of Croatia? Who would have thought it :p

Wouldn't almost everyone in those camps have been kept there if the communists actually managed to win this thing due to their educations? Also, how are they feeding everyone? Are they taking all the food from the other prisoners?

Well, regarding food:

They have "supply stations" scattered about. Including people stationed (in modern day) in known locations of camps (which will not be "real life" camps -- doesn't seem right to have Auschwitz featured in such a non-serious thing) to transport food back once the camps have been liberated.

And, a few of them are college-educated. Might even have a Marxist Professor(TM) in there as well.

Krall

Banned
...Bump...

You really oughtn't quote your entire previous post in order to try and get comments like that, especially when you leave all the images in and the post's only four or five posts up the page. Posting something like "Any comments on my map?" is generally acceptable, especially when you post your map as the last post on a page, but basically just posting the exact same thing twice is borderline spamming, and I'd advise you not to do it again.

You really oughtn't quote your entire previous post in order to try and get comments like that, especially when you leave all the images in and the post's only four or five posts up the page. Posting something like "Any comments on my map?" is generally acceptable, especially when you post your map as the last post on a page, but basically just posting the exact same thing twice is borderline spamming, and I'd advise you not to do it again.
I'm sorry, thanks for the advice.

(following you map key)

According to the 2011 census both Šavnik and Žabljak have a montengerin majority.

I also have the basemap for 1981, so if you need it..

Why were there Germans everywhere in Eastern Europe and Russia?

Various reasons. IIRC a lot of German towns in Central, Eastern, and Southeastern Europe were originally mining settlements, while the Germans in Russia were invited to settle and farm the sparsely populated steppes by Catherine the Great; at that time I believe Russia was a destination for immigrants from the west actually, with pretty much any non-Jewish Europeans allowed farmland there.

Status
Not open for further replies.