Map Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Turkish Revolution is considered in this ATL as part of the Arab Spring, which as I mentioned in my little bit of background I was able to give, has developed into an Arab Revolutionary ideology; with the Free Turks forming a state along those lines after defeating the Kemalists in a civil war.

And the Turkish Revolution is considered in this ATL as part of the Arab Spring, which as I mentioned in my little bit of background I was able to give, has developed into an Arab Revolutionary ideology; with the Free Turks forming a state along those lines after defeating the Kemalists in a civil war.

If you do not mind me asking...

What are you talking about!? The Turkish Revolution was in the early 1920s, the Arab Spring is a term used for the Political revolutions in the Modern Near East.

Not my best map, but...

The FRNE, America's Singapore.

frne_map.png

frne_map.png

Mathuen

Banned
I'm confused as to what you mean by "conservative" here...

Economically? Probably not in NE.

Socially? In NE? Not a snowball's chance in hell.

Conservative as in limited government? That would contradict your statement that the Federal Government has MORE powers.

In a related story if Maine legalizes Gay-Marriage then the FRNA will have legalized Gay-Marriage throughout its borders.

I'm confused as to what you mean by "conservative" here...

Economically? Probably not in NE.

Socially? In NE? Not a snowball's chance in hell.

Conservative as in limited government? That would contradict your statement that the Federal Government has MORE powers.

In a related story if Maine legalizes Gay-Marriage then the FRNA will have legalized Gay-Marriage throughout its borders.

What I meant was:

Lots of the other states in the former U.S. are adopting more adventurous systems of government. The FRNE, however, is basically just copying the U.S. federal constitution with a few extra things (including same-sex marriage being constitutionally recognized, and the death penalty being constitutionally banned, and other things). And they still use FPTP.

Mathuen

Banned
What I meant was:

Lots of the other states in the former U.S. are adopting more adventurous systems of government. The FRNE, however, is basically just copying the U.S. federal constitution with a few extra things (including same-sex marriage being constitutionally recognized, and the death penalty being constitutionally banned, and other things). And they still use FPTP.

I see, that makes sense. So NE is using the Red-Democrat, Blue-Republican version?

If you do not mind me asking...

What are you talking about!? The Turkish Revolution was in the early 1920s, the Arab Spring is a term used for the Political revolutions in the Modern Near East.

It's an alternate present/future map. I think he's talking about a different Turkish Revolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.