Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyrgyz Republic new flag

Like everyone else, I really love this flag. Well done.

---

United Micronesia!

micronesia.png

To complement my previous "fascist Silesia" flag, here's what the flag of The Kingdom of Silesia looked like before the violent coup d'état in the 1950s, in which the Falangist Party of Free Silesia took power (and declared themselves the only legal political body in the country, while keeping the monarchy nominally alive by appointing new puppet figureheads in place of the original royal family). Nowadays, many Silesian patriots in foreign exile (and their offspring) are hoping the North Korea-esque nation of the FFSS will finally collapse soon, setting the stage for a reestablishment of the democratic monarchy of old.

The Kingdom of Silesia.png

Hey everyone, I need some ideas for an independent Republic of New York flag. I don't want to stick to the old New York flag, but I don't want to deviate too much from New York's symbolism and colors (I still want a lot of blue). Does anyone have any ideas?

A Flag seen in a dream!

Hello! This is Brdman. Last night, believe it or not, I had a dream about a flag. I have no idea what it might symbolize. As weird as it seems, I have a hunch that I might have ended up dreaming about a flag sooner or later simply because I spend so much time designing flags with a program that lets me work on the pixel level. I often play with the shades of color. Just take a look at photobucket.com/hybrid_flags/ That's a LOT of work for just one person!

So, I added the flag that I dreamt about (in order to post it on the thread),
number 1,865!! It uses three different shades of blue with the crescent and star from Azerbaijan in the center, a "Blue Azerbaijan" Flag:

DreamFlag.png

I'm doing production design for a movie about the collapse of north america, and I was looking for feedback on the current flags I've created. More will come as the story develops.

FlagofSocal.png

The flag of Socal, after Southern California at the 35° 47′ 28″ north latitude becomes a state. The tricolour is that of the flag of L.A. minus the seal. Ursa Minor represents the newness of the state, and recalls the bear flag republic. The star is also a representation of it's acceptance into the union. Northern California remains "California".

BajaArizona.png

Flag of Baja Arizona, formed the same time as Socal. The colours are the most common when I did research on the OTL movement. The blue line is the Gila River. the proposed northern border of the state. The star and rays are reminiscent of it's union with Arizona.

BajaArizonaALT.png

Alternate version of Baja Arizona.

Republic.png

Flag of the Federal Republic of Arizona. The name and colours come from Arizona's power during the civil war. The blue represents the west coast, the 4 gold stripes represent 4 states coming together into the Union star (think Australia), and from there form 1 nation represented by the large gold stripe. Red represents the bravery and sacrifice of the soldiers during the war for independence.

Dictatorship.png

The flag of the Federation of Columbus. The 15 stripes represent the 15 provinces that make up the federation. The black stripes represents the ever present threat of war. The red represents the sacrifice to keep the federation alive. The white represents the promis of peace. The triangle represent the government's promise to overcome war and death to maintain peace. The eagle is the party symbol of the government.

Royalty.png

Flag of an unknown kingdom in central US/Canada. No meaning assigned to the flag yet. :(

NN.png
Flag of Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.

NNALT.png

Alt flag of Nova Scotia and Newfoundland

BobF_Flag.png

Flag of the republic of Bob. (A joke on our producer acting like a dictator.)

How big a production is the movie?

The Federation of Columbus one is quite foreboding. I like it.

The director is funding this and has put aside around... $200,000 CAD. So a big budget for an independent film.

I'm glad you like it! :D That one and the Republic of AZ are my personal favourites.

The director is funding this and has put aside around... $200,000 CAD. So a big budget for an independent film.

I'm glad you like it! :D That one and the Republic of AZ are my personal favourites.

Yeah the RoAZ is pretty cool too. Not a big fan of the rivers running through the Baja AZ flags.

Yeah the RoAZ is pretty cool too. Not a big fan of the rivers running through the Baja AZ flags.

I was really lost as to what to do with it. I couldn't find any symbolism of the region that would do well with a flag, but it didn't seem right making something super simple after coming from a state with a beautiful flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.