Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSmith

Banned
Yes, this would have been the only event in the United States proper. Unlike the stupid "Eugenics Wars" series that can't decide whether their wars are overt or covert, I would think that the Eugenic experiments would have been done on several sides. In my mind, the experimenters themselves were probably India, Pakistan, the Soviet Union, the United States and South Africa. However, unlike in the others, where the augments took over through successful calculated military coups d'etat to overthrow unstable and/or dictatorial regimes, the United States was a relatively prosperous, stable democracy, their attempt to seize power fell flat on its face.

One of the aspects of Africa which you wouldn't get from these infoboxes is that many of the "African" augments are African Americans who were smarter than the ones who tried to seize power in the U.S., and rather went for the much easier route in Africa, though obviously other (black) African augments are from Soviet programs.

But, yes. The Augment plan in the U.S. was to stage a coup by the normal military, which they would then "stop", sadly, after the entire federal government had been killed - thus, the "Emergency Committee", which, due to a litany of failures, announced itself as the "new government" while Bush was still alive and in control of the White House (though they did manage to cut off the Pentagon and hamstring a coordinated military response for some time). It most likely wouldn't have worked, if you think in more rational terms, but these were the augments stupid enough to think that a thousand-odd people would be able to seize complete control of the United States - the others had already left altogether for greener pastures.

Nevertheless, this attack acts as the catalyst for the U.S. to become fully committed to crushing the augments in the rest of the world.

Overall, the U.S. gets off fairly easy, compared to the sky-high body counts you get in Africa, the Middle East, South/Central Asia and Eastern Europe.'

EDIT: As a bit of an Easter Egg, I included as one of the "significant" commanders on the government's side Daniel Roper, who was Captain of the USS Enterprise during this timeframe. Apparently he did something of especial note during this crisis, which I haven't determined exactly, but it's just one more thing to add to that name's reputation in this universe.
Well I'm very interested in your your overt Eugenics Wars .I really encourage you to do a full timeline or write an extended description.

JSmith

Banned
However, unlike in the others, where the augments took over through successful calculated military coups d'etat to overthrow unstable and/or dictatorial regimes, the United States was a relatively prosperous, stable democracy, their attempt to seize power fell flat on its face.
The same for Europe I'd imagine or at least Western Europe.

The same for Europe I'd imagine or at least Western Europe.

To some extent - on another level, there simply weren't any Western European augments, at least in my mind: the U.K., France, West Germany, etc. simply don't have any augments who would be able to blend into their society enough to try to seize power, because they didn't have any eugenics programs.

Of the five countries with significant, successful eugenics programs, the United States is the only Western democracy in the bunch. They're also the only one not to fall to an augment-sponsored government. Take from this what you will.

JSmith

Banned
To some extent - on another level, there simply weren't any Western European augments, at least in my mind: the U.K., France, West Germany, etc. simply don't have any augments who would be able to blend into their society enough to try to seize power, because they didn't have any eugenics programs.

Of the five countries with significant, successful eugenics programs, the United States is the only Western democracy in the bunch. They're also the only one not to fall to an augment-sponsored government. Take from this what you will.
I would imagine there might be one or 2 creating trouble here and there but nothing on the level of what they tried in the US.For example in the Eugenics Wars timeline I tired to expand I have Augments placed in the Australian government behind the end of Australia's defense treaty with the United States to pave the way for their invasion of Australia. but this is your TL :)

I would imagine there might be one or 2 creating trouble here and there but nothing on the level of what they tried in the US.For example in the Eugenics Wars timeline I tired to expand I have Augments placed in the Australian government behind the end of Australia's defense treaty with the United States to pave the way for their invasion of Australia. but this is your TL :)

There'd be some trouble from individual augments, but no overt attempts to seize power (overt attempts at conquest, occasionally, from without, but not seizure of power from within).

Anyway... if you please...

Khan infobox.png

Vexacus

Banned
Here's the first in Series II of my AltHist Infoboxes:

Wiki-1.jpg

This takes place shortly after the end of the first series of my AltHist Infoboxes.

JSmith

Banned
There'd be some trouble from individual augments, but no overt attempts to seize power (overt attempts at conquest, occasionally, from without, but not seizure of power from within).

Anyway... if you please...
I love it .Please keep the coming! Although I have to say unless Augments age differently-entirely possible. I'd pick a questiinable birthdate in the late 1950's or 1960's for Khan. The Eugenics Wars books put his birth at 1970 which I think is too early.

Last edited:
I love it .Please keep the coming! Although I have to say unless Augments age differently-entirely possible. I'd pick a questiinable birthdate in the late 1950's or 1960's for Khan. The Eugenics Wars books put his birth at 1970 which I think is too early.

Well, what I always assumed so far as that was that the reason Khan looked as, let's be honest, much older as Ricardo Montalban was (he was in his 40s in Space Seed, meaning he had to have been "created" in the 1950s for normal aging) was that they continued to age while in "suspended" animation, just far, far more slowly - thus, about twenty-seven years (into his mid to late 40s) in about 270 years. He then proceeded to age normally afterward.

JSmith

Banned
Well, what I always assumed so far as that was that the reason Khan looked as, let's be honest, much older as Ricardo Montalban was (he was in his 40s in Space Seed, meaning he had to have been "created" in the 1950s for normal aging) was that they continued to age while in "suspended" animation, just far, far more slowly - thus, about twenty-seven years (into his mid to late 40s) in about 270 years. He then proceeded to age normally afterward.
Well I know that one of the sticking points for people is that the technology for advanced genetic engineering would be there until at least the 70's but since Star Trek is an ATL?

The infobox for what is known as the "Third Union". Same fan-universe as all my other Star Trek.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm really enjoying these. :) Specifically about the Eugenics Wars, it's one of the few times I've seen it done where it makes sense.

As a die hard DS9 fan, I'm loving the little touches you are throwing in about the Cardassians who aren't exactly with the program of the new regime.

And if you could ever get around to some Wikiboxes for anything DS9 related (crew, Bajor, wormhole, et etc), I'd love your series even more! :D

Vexacus

Banned
....japan would never be able to control that. plain and simple.
They do not control the entire country per-sey(not sure that's spelt right). When Roosevelt surrendered to the Imperial Japanese forces, he had a small smirk on his face, knowing that despite their victory over the United States, that the Empire of Japan would never be able to occupy the entire country, therby dooming their victory to an inevitable defeat. But General Tojo, Admioral Yamamoto and others in Tokyo had forseen this and had come prepared. After signing the General Instrument of Surrender, President Roosevelt was handed another document to sign, this one was the "State Goverment Occupation Act". The SGOA stated that due to the size of the United States, occupying it fully would be a nigh impossible task, so occupying the state goverments would be far better. The SGOA states that the governors of each state must submit their authority to an Imperial Overseer, who will be dispatched to their state shortly. Once the Im,perial overseer arrives, he is effectivly in charge of the state, witht eh State Governor reduced to acting as a mouthpiece for the occupational forces. Roosevelt says that there is no need to sign the SGOA as the United States has already surrendered. General Tojo says that the SGOA is part of the surrender and by refusing to sign it, the Empire of Japan will use that as all the excuse they need to continue the war. Faced with little other choice, Roosevelt signs the SGOA and under the orders of the occupational goverment, he goes on TV and radio, making a nation-wide address, annoucning the SGOA and what to expect from it.

They do not control the entire country per-sey(not sure that's spelt right). When Roosevelt surrendered to the Imperial Japanese forces, he had a small smirk on his face, knowing that despite their victory over the United States, that the Empire of Japan would never be able to occupy the entire country, therby dooming their victory to an inevitable defeat. But General Tojo, Admioral Yamamoto and others in Tokyo had forseen this and had come prepared. After signing the General Instrument of Surrender, President Roosevelt was handed another document to sign, this one was the "State Goverment Occupation Act". The SGOA stated that due to the size of the United States, occupying it fully would be a nigh impossible task, so occupying the state goverments would be far better. The SGOA states that the governors of each state must submit their authority to an Imperial Overseer, who will be dispatched to their state shortly. Once the Im,perial overseer arrives, he is effectivly in charge of the state, witht eh State Governor reduced to acting as a mouthpiece for the occupational forces. Roosevelt says that there is no need to sign the SGOA as the United States has already surrendered. General Tojo says that the SGOA is part of the surrender and by refusing to sign it, the Empire of Japan will use that as all the excuse they need to continue the war. Faced with little other choice, Roosevelt signs the SGOA and under the orders of the occupational goverment, he goes on TV and radio, making a nation-wide address, annoucning the SGOA and what to expect from it.

damn, i was hoping japan would be dumb for once. also, what the heck will they do about those who dont want to live under Japanese occupation. most of these capitals are small cities. cities like new york or Boston or something huge would be impossible to huge if the people get uppity.

Vexacus

Banned
damn, i was hoping japan would be dumb for once. also, what the heck will they do about those who dont want to live under Japanese occupation. most of these capitals are small cities. cities like new york or Boston or something huge would be impossible to huge if the people get uppity.
I'm glad you like the reason I came up with. It's a miracle what I can do when I have coffee. And now, to answer the above question. The Imperial Japanese Occupational Forces, once the state capitoals have been placed under their control, will take control of stratigic cities like New York, Boston, Miami and :DNew Jersey:D. Once the Imperial Occupational Forces are in control of the state capitals and other stratigic cities, they will set about implementing the terms of the US Surrender. The whole occupation of the United States by the Empire of Japan should be viewed as a cross between the occupation of Germany and the occupation of Japan from OTL. The States will be placed under direct control of the Imperial Occupational Forces. The day-to-day lives of the citizens will changed, including na few noticble changes, the actual day-to-day lives of the average citizen will not change by much. And those of the people that get uppity abpout their new Japanese leaders, they will be dealth with harshly. Would you like to know more?

Status
Not open for further replies.