why was jfk assassinated?

JFK wasn't kill at all, he faked it so he could live on some secluded island with james dean and marilyn monroe as his neighbours. Or so the stappler told me.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
JFK wasn't kill at all, he faked it so he could live on some secluded island with james dean and marilyn monroe as his neighbours. Or so the stappler told me.

Isn't Jim Morrison the guy who runs that dive bar there?

The United States House Select Committee on Assassinations said JFK was assassinated by a conspiracy, but that they were unable to identify the members or the second shooter.

People don't have a problem believing governments lie; they have a problem believing they could keep a secret of this magnitude for 50 years. For such a conspiracy to work you need the successors of the people who carried it out to go along, and then their successor in many cases, its an absurdity at the most basic level.
If you add in the fact that according to CT's these incredibly clever conspirators made some huge howlers, shooting Kennedy from a completely different direction to one Oswald would have shot from being the classic claim, and the whole cospiracy idea collapses under its own weight.
^This. What's hilarious is that the conspiracy nuts (of which I am occasionally one, admittedly) often don't realize the logical trap they're forced into by posing questions like "Well, don't you think governments ever lie?" while they themselves seemingly can't comprehend the idea of governments ever telling the truth.

The Osama bin Laden case last year is a good example. Before he was killed, the default conspiracist position was that he had died of kidney disease or gotten shanked by Omar Sheikh. Now that the government told us he's dead, he's suddenly alive and well and spending time at the aforementioned bar with Elvis, Morrison, and Kurt Cobain, presumably waxing cars for tips and probably doing something totally non-terrorism-related, given how innocent he was and all. :)

The Osama bin Laden case last year is a good example. Before he was killed, the default conspiracist position was that he had died of kidney disease or gotten shanked by Omar Sheikh. Now that the government told us he's dead, he's suddenly alive and well and spending time at the aforementioned bar with Elvis, Morrison, and Kurt Cobain, presumably waxing cars for tips and probably doing something non-terrorism-related, given how innocent he was and all. :)

I don't know about this. Isn't the default position still to say he had been dead for a while and that the strike against his compound was merely to cover that up - to "kill his ghost after it had outlived its usefullness" and that is why his body was so nebulously disposed of?

There are many kinds of people who believe in conspiracy theories, but I understand the more sane kind are usually pretty consistent in their views - it comes with the territory of arranging various bits of information to fit with your theory/world view, rather than the other way around.

A thirt six inch bust can be a surprising door opener.

The easist way to take a castle is have the defenders open the door for you. And to all military members of the board, thanks for serving the country!

Anyway, JFK angered a lot of people. There were military commanders angry about his decisions in Cuba, the Mob had problems with many in the Kennedy family for various reasons, the Cubans had their reasons, the oil industry had a lot to profit off of a war that JFK seemed as though he wanted to avoid, etc. So there are a lot of potential players and reasons for him to be loathed. As for whether there was a conspiracy, I'm not sure how it would change things now, but if there is more than meets the eye on this I'm not sure I would want to know about it.

You are treading really close to Conspiracy Theory Road.

Conspiracy Theory Road leads nowhere good.

Just asking why Kennedy was whacked isn't a conspiracy in of itself. It's also a good question. Since the assassin was whacked himself, we'll never know a good answer.

Conspericy and theory are to say different things. This is more along the theory road whith hints of conspericy.:D

Just asking why Kennedy was whacked isn't a conspiracy in of itself. It's also a good question. Since the assassin was whacked himself, we'll never know a good answer.

The good, and certainly correct, answer is already known. People just don't want to hear it.