Dominion of Southern America - Updated July 1, 2018

Seriously that depiction of the Eagle and Serpent steals the show, it is so badass.

The sudden change of direction of the TL from global utopia to shades of the fascists is very fun. Plus I love how you turned one of the board member's ancestors into the source of doom for this world. :D

My one quibble... would even this alt-US actually have a party called "Korsgaardian Party"? Honestly, I would expect the party following that ideology to still adhere to the time-honored tradition of vague, bland, patriotic party names in the US. I would expect the Korsgaardians to call theirs the "National Party" or somesuch.

Alternatively, you add flavor to the politics of DoSA!

Nice Update Glen. Mexico, US, and Prussia-Poland adopting *fascism...indeed a strange timeline.

Perhaps, but I ma begining to feel like the man who unleashed a lion on a herd of lambs. Or in this case, tyranny in a mostly utopian TL.

I really like the Mexican *Fascist Flag.

However, one larger problem I have with your TL is that it is posted in segments that are too small. I'd like it if you posted larger segments that give a more complete picture of the world at this time.

However, one larger problem I have with your TL is that it is posted in segments that are too small. I'd like it if you posted larger segments that give a more complete picture of the world at this time.
I would like to second that, kind sir.

Bah, stuff that. The shorter updates are easier to keep up with without getting into long-windedness.

Continues to be awesome, Glen!

Glen

48388405.jpg

The first institution for officer training in the United States was established at the strategic fortification, West Point, roughly midway between New York City and the location of the new capital of the nation, Washington. The first legion cadets were run through the United States Military Academy in the first years of the 19th century.

The next officer training program would be for the navy, forming in 1835 in response to rising concerns about possible war with Great Britain should tensions over the end of slavery in the British Empire spill over to the rest of the continent. A location was sought that again would be close to the nation's capital, and thus the site of the Brooklyn Navy Yard was chosen for the United States Naval Academy.

u-s-naval-academy-annapolis-mdbt124.jpg

Glen

1888?

Bit early for Fascism, isn't it?

Cool idea through.

It's not Fascism, it's Korsgaardism!:D

But seriously, though, given the more advanced progress of liberalism ITTL, a counter-reaction is not that unlikely, especially one of more fascistic nature if you will...

Glen

Some fascist ideas were in place in OTL around the 1890s, although it really did evolve in response to Communism. Nevertheless, something that combines militant nationalism with leftist social policies that also prop up certain buisnesses is something that could evolve organically sooner or later.

And that is sort of the case here, but not quite the same. Korsgaardism is a response to Laisse-Faire Capitalism and the liberal emphasis on the individual over the state. Just as Fascism tried to coopt some of the central economics of communism, here Korsgaardism is trying to coopt the nationalism of 19th century liberalism.

48388405.jpg

The first institution for officer training in the United States was established at the strategic fortification, West Point, roughly midway between New York City and the location of the new capital of the nation, Washington. The first legion cadets were run through the United States Military Academy in the first years of the 19th century.

The next officer training program would be for the navy, forming in 1835 in response to rising concerns about possible war with Great Britain should tensions over the end of slavery in the British Empire spill over to the rest of the continent. A location was sought that again would be close to the nation's capital, and thus the site of the Brooklyn Navy Yard was chosen for the United States Naval Academy.

u-s-naval-academy-annapolis-mdbt124.jpg

Nice post for Veterans Day