Map Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
My relatively poor attempt at creating a Byzantine-wank. It's a work in progress.

Byzawank.png

Byzawank.png

well this is work in progress so i need to get some feedback from you guys
the year is 1975

Why does Greece hold such a large part of Turkey
Why is Spain so small?
Why is Israel so large?
Why does the USA hold Baja California and other areas?
Why is Norway part of the UK?

well this is work in progress so i need to get some feedback from you guys
the year is 1975

1. Greenland ought to be either Canadian or American, and based on this map American, since 90% of Greenland's population lives in the American part.

2. Why is the entirety of Hispaniola and the Mexicali peninsula American?

3. Why is West Sahara and the DCanary Islands (an integral part of Spain) British.

4. WTF is going on in Iberia?

5. Why is their a greater Netherlands?

6. Why is Norway a a British Protectorate?

7. Greece getting any of Anatolia besides 1 or 2 small coastal communities is ASB.

8. Why is Manchuria independent, given it appear not only has Japan lost, but China itself went Communist?

Why does Greece hold such a large part of Turkey
Why is Spain so small? well they were both part of the axis
Why is Israel so large? isael whon several wars in the middle east
Why does the USA hold Baja California and other areas? typical mexico-us war 1900 something
Why is Norway part of the UK?
to be free from soviet dormination

The Basemap's not really the problem, it's all these stupid random wank maps that not only have no keys or any interesting information, but are totally empty aside from the wanked nation.

I wouldn't mind them so much if they used a QBAM since I find it more appealing. Plus you can fit more detail in to a larger map.

Of course the basemap itself is no substitute for a well thought out map and a good backstory.

Looks like you need a change of basemap :D

YAY! :D:D:D

Last edited:
Why is the coat of arms that of the heir to the French throne?

It's actually that of Charles Count of Anjou & Maine, Provence & Forcalquier, when when he became King of Sicily (later Naples). He's not the immediate heir but the brother to the King of France
At the time the Heir of France is Philip Count of Orleans but no known Coa for him exists as Count.
Perhaps he used a white label, since red was in use, and thus precedence for the later Dukes of Orleans?

See here for the full Capetian cadet CoAs

Status
Not open for further replies.