Map Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! I also have a follout map I'd like to share. :D

A map based on my decision in F:NV and F:3. (And what I would do after that.)

A lot of license was taken, specifically with the background of my Courier.

THE COURIER

Born seventeen years before the great war, in a town in the East of Scotland, he managed to, quite literally force his way into a position in the international vault inititiative. This was a vault, which unlike the ones made by vault-tec involved stasis.

Over two hundred years later, a malfunction with the life support rendered him the only survivor out of a small group of two hundred in the international vault. He stumbled out in the barren wastes of Canada, somewhere North-East of Vancouver.

He entered the Mojave Wasteland at the age of 21, working as a lowly courier for the Mojave Express. After the fiasco with Benny, he was thrust into the light, before the mysterious and powerful Mister House. When asked by Mister House what he would like as his ultimate reward, he answered; "Safe passage home - to Britain." When House declined, the Courier set off into the Mojave once more.

The Courier's journeys in the following two years where like no other human beings could have claimed. He visited Zion canyon, where, it could be argued, he done more bad than good. He destroyed the most savage tribe with the help of the legendary "Burned Man," and set others down the path to a bickering, war like society.

It is also roumored the Courier visited the Sierra Madre, which proved to be event which set his plans in motion.

There are also some whispers that the Courier spent some time in the Big Empty, but such talk is dissaproved of.

Eventually, his travels brought him to cross paths with Benny. Before killing him, he learned of a way to secure power in New Vegas.

From there, the Courier stepped back into the Lucky 38, and murdered Mister House when he least expected it. After installing another Securitron into his network, the Courier defeated both the NCR, and Ceaser's legion at the battle of Hoover Dam. After he had ensured his power in the Mojave, he began looking outward.

In the years that followed, the Courier persued destruction of both Ceaser's Legion and the NCR, with ruthless zeal. Eventually, the NCR limped into a corner in the North West. The Legion was vassalised, and eventually the tribes that they had enslaved came together into their own nations, and were given a "dominion" together. Essentially, as an autonomous region in the Vegas Autocracy. Caeser was brought personally before the Courier, as he died of Cancer. The Courier let him live, without medical treatment, and Caeser died anagonising, though deserved death.

The Courier also gave the Zion tribes autonomous status after bringing law to the region. There, the Courier met once again with Follows-Chalk, and old accomplice and friend, for the first time in 35 years. It was also the first time Follows-Chalk had set in Zion for 35 years.

The years after were spent subdueing the rebellious former NCR-territories. The area eventually calmed down, and were given semi-autonomous status.

EUROPE

About twenty years before the events of Fallout:New Vegas, the European Federation came down from it's frozen fortress in the Alps, to find Europe largely the way it left it; blasted nothing. Around the time the Courier wrestled control of Vegas, the EF expanded it's borders to the North Sea. However, persisting attacks, and humiliating defeats at the hands of German, French, Polish, and Hungarian tribals (Whom the EF had forced out of Hungary) resulted in the collapse of the Northern Territories. In the end, the only way they could keep control was to settle for a highly feudal, complicated and innefficient tributary and vassal system.

As well as this, attempts to contact the possible functioning government situated somewhere on the British mainland, have resulted in violence. Whoever is on Britain, has built up a hugely advanced naval defence system to hide behind. This has become known to continentals as "the curtain." An impenatrable wall of naval steel and 50 inch guns.

i like the idea..but i gotta agree that new vegas wouldnt have become such a expansive power...theyd rathr have dealt witht eh ncr for control of onyl the mojave, mabye as a allied republic with representation...i do like however that youve added europe, but a e.f that size...unrealistic...plus youd have to dow tih the left over commies from the ussr, seperists and such...
britian though i can see becomign isolationist

It could certainly give a beating on it's home turf.

If you add up the families of Vegas, and all settlements in the Mojave, inc. the Boomers, it does have a substantial population. If I had taken control, I'd focus on increasing the number of human combatants in the military, and looking for a way to replicate the Securitrons, which shouldn't take long, given Yes Man should have access to Mr. House's data.

And the NCR has only about 700,000 people, IIRC.

Anyway, I think 50 years is a short enough time to industrialise, mass produce, and then defeat the NCR.

Thank you!

And if New Vegas was content just holding its territory then yes it might have kept the NCR out. But to invade the NCR itself? No chance.

Remember, the NCR won an all-out war against the BoS. They are only weak in the Mojave because it's a half-assed military campaign that isn't getting the reinforcements and equipment it needs. If the republic went into full on war mode it'd be a formidable force much stronger than anything New Vegas can muster.

It's like the USA vs Vietnam.

Mathuen

Banned
Now... Toronto, Ohio is only 30 miles away from The Pitt.

@Charl: I already said that he forgot The Commonwealth.

KCammy

Banned
And if New Vegas was content just holding its territory then yes it might have kept the NCR out. But to invade the NCR itself? No chance.

Remember, the NCR won an all-out war against the BoS. They are only weak in the Mojave because it's a half-assed military campaign that isn't getting the reinforcements and equipment it needs. If the republic went into full on war mode it'd be a formidable force much stronger than anything New Vegas can muster.

It's like the USA vs Vietnam.

Well my plan would be to stay put until I could take on the NCR. Begin producing Securitrons. Hoover Dam has enough power to supply a couple factories, right?

Well my plan would be to stay put until I could take on the NCR. Begin producing Securitrons. Hoover Dam has enough power to supply a couple factories, right?

And you expect the NCR to just quietly sit by while you are doing this?

The first thing that I personally think will happen once the Courier kicks the NCR out of the Mojave is that they will start mobilising, and producing weapons and armour and vehicles. Most importantly, vehicles. The NCR has a proven ability to build and operate Vertibirds, for one thing. They are on the verge of being able to construct power armour. And the gun runners, who admittedly do have a factory in New Vegas, are centered in the NCR so you know they can build just about any kind of weapon they'd like.

In about a year or two they'll attack again, and this time they aren't fucking around either. For New Vegas to survive this... it's not impossible, with the right tactical and strategic thinking. But at the same time New Vegas itself isn't exactly in a very good defensive position. Especially if you add the NCR airpower into the mix. It's unlikely that New Vegas can survive this.

And even if they do they won't be in the position to attack the NCR. Their losses are going to be huge. They'll need time to recuperate. Which is probably when the remnants of the Legion will strike, if they have any sort of strategic sense at all...

Last edited:

Mathuen

Banned

it's still a long shot. It would make more sense to buddy up with the NCR in the long run.

Now... If you really had your heart set on crushing America 2.0 I'd suggest this. Ally with the Shi and build up together. When the war comes along the NCR would have to fight 2 more advanced civilizations instead of just one. You could meet in the middle and work down to Baja as the rest of the NCR flees north. That is also a longshot, but less so.

@Charl: it's all good man.

it's still a long shot. It would make more sense to buddy up with the NCR in the long run.

Now... If you really had your heart set on crushing America 2.0 I'd suggest this. Ally with the Shi and build up together. When the war comes along the NCR would have to fight 2 more advanced civilizations instead of just one. You could meet in the middle and work down to Baja as the rest of the NCR flees north. That is also a longshot, but less so.

There should be a thread for this called something like 'How would you make your Fallout world' or something.

Hmm...

There is no canon on this I think but I'd think the Shi are integrated into the NCR at this point. Proximity, for one thing, but also the NCR could defeat the Brotherhood so why wouldn't they be able to defeat the Shi?

Mathuen

Banned
Hmm...

There is no canon on this I think but I'd think the Shi are integrated into the NCR at this point. Proximity, for one thing, but also the NCR could defeat the Brotherhood so why wouldn't they be able to defeat the Shi?

I thought that at first but then someone made a good arguement for why they wouldn't be. I don't remember exactly but I could look for it... Now, 50 years after FO:NV? Definitely part of the NCR. Unless something crazy happens.

I do agree with you on that the NCR could curbstomp them. I'm just trying to give KCammy a more realistic (if unlikely) scenario than "NV builds up and Zerg rushes the NCR".

Status
Not open for further replies.