Map Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really CANNOT stop loving Munro's maps :)
Grats on that one!

Where would you put the POD? WW1ish?

1808. New England secedes from the US just in time for the War of 1812. This results in the US being dominated by southern slaveowners, with less than pleasant results for Latin America...

And here's the map.

Bruce

Why is Sweden in Russia's sphere? AFAIK, it was in the German camp throughout the TL; unless beaten in a war there is no way we'd submit to Russian overlordship. Otherwise, great map! One of your best so far, I'd say. It'd be cool if you did IE someday.

Why is Sweden in Russia's sphere? AFAIK, it was in the German camp throughout the TL; unless beaten in a war there is no way we'd submit to Russian overlordship.

Post-Great War Sweden is more willing to associate with Russia than with Germany.

Externally, Serbia, while still a joint Russo-German sphere of influence, entered into a bilateral economic treaty with Russia in 1944. Hellas [Greece] signed a similar treaty a year later. More out of concern over Germany rather than fondness for her eastern neighbour, Sweden entered a similar agreement in 1946.

From Tales of the Decades of Darkness #4: Beneath The Three Trees

For Life, Joy, Empire and Victory

-The great and decadent Hallucinogenic Age comes to an end.
-The Red Rebellion in Africa shrinks as more armies are sent.
-The Cantons Finest is now sold in Russia.
-The spec-fic genre grows a lot as "The Samurai's Honour" is released. It tells what would happen if Japan remained isolationist. It is of course written by Agatha Christie.
-The Red Rebellion in Brazil grows.
-Americanization continues in the Eastern States, as the cultures, weakened by the French genocides, is further weakened by immigrants. People are campaigning to stop immigrants to Japan and Corea.
-Gran Colombia is doomed. The Red Rebellion in Venezola grows.
-Paul VI, the new Pope, calls for peace.
-The Pacifist Movement grows.
-Tensions between the Kingdom of Canada and the Republic of Quebec gets to hostile levels. War is predicted next year.

Beautiful.png

The Black Prince lived and died over hundred years before the Habsburgs started to rule over Spain. I suppose your quarrel with them is basically just the Armada then.

It's more Spain in general, but Habsburg Spain in particular.

(Yes, there was the whole Armada thing... :eek:)

As for the latter part, you might want to share with Portugal... and Italy, since they'd probably like the Baleares.

Portugal can have some bits off the edges, and Italy can share in the partitioning of France. :p

The Baleares are ours, though, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

(Or a German, but that's another thing entirely... :D)

And here's the map.

Bruce

Cewl, though I expected the US to ka-boom in all kinds of badness...

My apologies to Jared: I assumed everyone had heard of Decades of Darkness - I certainly don't want anyone assuming it's my concept!

Bruce

Pretty please?

Could somebody please make me a map of North America with the following borders:

• United States of America: What's left (see below)
  • Confederate States of America: It's northern border is the Ohio River to the Mason Dixon Line, and then down along the border of Maryland. West, it includes Missouri, after which a parallel extending from Missouri's Northern Border to Texas completes the CSA.
  • Republic of Texas: Take the largest extent of its claims and expand them westward to the Green River and the south along a meridian starting where the Green River meets the Colorado River and ending at California's southern parallel (see below)
  • Republic of California: The northern border is the 49th parallel. The eastern border is the Snake River to the the meridian that separates it from Texas. The southern border is a parallel that keeps Los Angeles in Mexico (I'm thinking from the Ventura river east until it intersects the Rio Grande).
  • Rupert's Land and Canada: (OTL around 1850)
  • Mexico: With its northern border as defined above
  • Caribbean: OTL around 1850, you don't really need to go into any depth.
Whoever can do this, I will love you forever. As a little bonus (if you like airships), it's related to the story I'm working on I mentioned in this thread.

I still find that quite ASB. We've been neutral almost since the PoD of DoD :)D), and would probably remain so. Also, what do we have to fear about Germany? As far as I've read, they're the nicest of the superpowers.

You're a Swede, huh?

I think it's just exaggerated, but not baseless. Neutrality in post-Great War Europe does not appear anymore to be a viable option.
It would have been better, if the map had shown Sweden to be just a Russian ally and not a "self-governing state in federation".

OK, This is one of the many, actually good, maps from my 'Map Archive', which I call Bob the Librarian.

In any case, In this map the American Revolution took the whole of North America with it, with the exception of Oregon and Alaska which were disputed with Russia. In 1861, there was a Second Revolution, Canada became independent with most of Alaska and Oregon. Newfoundland (dark blue) became independent. The US was the biggest loser but it managed to take some of Alaska. Newfoundland and Canada are dominions of Britain.

alt na.png

Status
Not open for further replies.