Dominion of Southern America - Updated July 1, 2018

I like these flags. Hopefully the states which are still constituted in this timeline that have lousy flags in ours will have better flags here.

Glen

The state of Newfoundland was one of the most under-developed of the states along the Eastern Seaboard. A fishing state, it had started out having a larger than normal amount of Irish immigrants, which was only magnified in the decades after the American Revolution by other Irish who followed to the island state. Due to this large number of Irish in the state, the eventual flag incorporated a symbol of Eire, the Harp.

Flag of Newfoundland.png

The state of Newfoundland was one of the most under-developed of the states along the Eastern Seaboard. A fishing state, it had started out having a larger than normal amount of Irish immigrants, which was only magnified in the decades after the American Revolution by other Irish who followed to the island state. Due to this large number of Irish in the state, the eventual flag incorporated a symbol of Eire, the Harp.

This is a really good flag in my opinion.

Yes, Quebec is in the United States of America - I'm not certain I understand why you ask this?

Its just that someone mentioned Quebec was a huge state that might get split in two and I must have misinterpreted that to thinking Quebec was a territory at the moment because you can't split states in two (which I then realised wasn't illegal but I imagine it would attract a bit of opposition). It was a silly question, sorry.

Glen

Its just that someone mentioned Quebec was a huge state that might get split in two and I must have misinterpreted that to thinking Quebec was a territory at the moment because you can't split states in two (which I then realised wasn't illegal but I imagine it would attract a bit of opposition). It was a silly question, sorry.

Not a problem.

Glen

While the Americans had their gold rushes of the 1850s, in 1860 it would be the British Empire's turn when gold was discovered in New South Wales on the continent of Greater Australia. Prior to the Australian Gold Rush, New South Wales had been predominantly a dumping ground for convicts and British adventurers with more ambition than sense. British Southern America had seen the lion's share of respectable migration in the first half of the 19th century, leaving New South Wales somewhat underpopulated. However, the discovery of gold in 1860 sparked for the first time a real interest in the distant continent. Within a year or so, Port Jackson and other ports were overwhelmed with ships bringing prospectors from around the Empire and the World to New South Wales. This led to increased strain on the traditional populations of New South Wales - the military and their families, convicts, the descendants of convicts, and the native Australians. Mainly pastoral, some of the old-time residents of New South Wales joined the gold rush, whereas others held themselves aloof from the prospectors, while yet others preyed upon them. Rule of law was hard to enforce in the wilderness and in the tent cities that sprang up to house the new prospectors.
Canvas_town_south_melbourne_victoria_1850s.jpg

States can split themselves in two, but cannot be forcefully split into two unless in rebellion.

the only reason it happened to Virginia is that they said it was the real one you can't split it even in rebellion.

Fair point with regard to West Virginia. Nonetheless, Kentucky and Maine formed decades earlier with the expressed consent of Virginia and Massachusetts, respectively.

Fair point with regard to West Virginia. Nonetheless, Kentucky and Maine formed decades earlier with the expressed consent of Virginia and Massachusetts, respectively.

yes all southern states willingly gave up all claims west of the Appalachians and main was with mass. consent your right i meant forcefully you get a point:)