Remnants of Rome

Death

Banned
By the way whats happening in the new world in TL and also wouldn't mind hearing about weather the Romans have establish trade roots into Africa yet.:rolleyes: I really like the new updates on the Asia pacific region extremely creative.:D

NEA ROMI

While Türükic barbarians squabbled and skirmished over lands they had conquered, the stable lands of the Taurikegutans were in peace. King Sengen prepared for an epic reconquest of former possessions of Taurikegutland. He commissioned the construction of a massive navy, prepared the assembly of a massive army (which nearly exhausted the manpower of Taurikegutland), and in February 589, during a rebellion of the Taurikegutan (and some Alan) native population against the Khazartürüks, 40,000 troops charged north, 20,000 charged east, and 20,000 landed in Var territory as part of a massive naval invasion.

King Sengen led the northern army, General Valamers commanded the charge east, and Admiral Noe and General Demetrios gave their leadership, judgement, and military prowess to the invasion of the Var territory by sea. The Taurikegutans dominated all three Qayanates. The Khazartürüks and their puppet-tribes had fielded an army of 92,000, but most of this was consumed fighting the massive revolts by the non-Türükic population. Only about 47,000 of the Khazartürükic troops ever saw battle with the 80,000 Taurikegutan troops. By 591, the Vars and Qoktürüks were dissolved and integrated into Taurikegutland. By 595, the Khazartürüks only held inland territories. The cities of Buw, Hus, and New Korsun were founded on their ruins. For Taurikegutland, all was good. It seemed Judaism and Taurikegutic would soon reign supreme once again.

The SPQR and Langubardia had completely devoured Alemannia by January 590. “It is time to enact revenge on those who deserve it,” said Arius Aurelius in December 590. He planned to reconquer all of Italy, and the Empire-Consulate was fully able to do so. His “grand little experiment” as he called it was to invade Etruria first; “If Italia comes to Etruria’s aid, they’re undoubtedly traitors,” he declared in jest to the Senate. On January 1st, 591, without a declaration of war, seven legions charged east into Etruria while eight were stationed idle in Sicily. The Italaions came to the aid of Etruria as Arius Aurelius and co-Flavitiranus Julius Aegaeus simultaneously feared and hoped.

The Alps were crossed with relative ease by the Romans. Some small villages fell to the SPQR. In early February, the first actual battle of the war took place, outside the walls of Augutaurino [1]. 5,000 Etrurian troops were all killed in the battle. Afterward the town surrendered without a siege. The Battle of Augutaurino had a significant effect on Etrurian morale throughout the rest of the war, even though it barely compared to the size of some of the later battles in the war.

The Romans proceeded through Italia and Etruria with relative ease. In November 591, three legions invaded Ilva [2], conquering it in a few days. Ilva was then used as a base for a naval invasion of southern Etruria. Etruria could not withstand the two-pronged attack and Romans advanced into their lands. By 595, most of the population centers of Etruria were occupied by the SPQR. Italia, too, was not in good shape. The entirety of southern Italia was conquered. The Roman homeland was not as Roman as it once was, but, nonetheless, it would fall under Roman control.

The Hunnia Attilariquian [3] took advantage of the Roman invasion of Etruria and Italia. In 594, the city of Ravenna and the city of Ancona were each sieged by the Hunnian military, which attacked each city with about 20,000 soldiers and 40 ships each. By 595, the siege of the two cities was complete. The Huns did not do this for land gain, for conquest. No, Azigenariyar II commenced the invasion for loot and plunder. And much loot and plunder came out of Ancona and Ravenna. Almost the entire surviving populations of the two cities except for a few dozen of each city’s denizens were enslaved and sold across Hunnia and the Mediterranean, especially Crete, and all useful materials and any treasure were stolen. The dying husks of Ancona and Ravenna were renamed, respectively, Attilaeum and Fideraeriyar. In fear, the survivors succumbed to the Huns’ whims, including calling said settlements by their new names among other things, but Azigenariyar II did not expect to keep this new territory. The survivors in Attilaeum were treated significantly better than those of Fideraeriyar.

Sa’id Mohammed II, Vangelis, Arastu, Bahram, Ali’ahmad, and Adam’hadi continued their invasion of the Shapurid Vahshilate. Arastu and Bahram charged toward the capital from the east, Sa’id Mohammed II charged toward the capital from the west, and Ali’ahmad and Adam’hadi would focus on subjugating the rest of Maqedunya. Meanwhile, Vangelis blockaded the Bosporus.

By January 593, only Xorapolis remained in Shapurid hands. Sa’id Mohammed II said after the war, “I had no fear within me. I was confident that I would forge the empire I had always dreamed of forging. Each time I fired an arrow into the heart of a Shapurid, I was not filled with sorrow, I was not filled with guilt. I was joyous.” Many historians believe he suffered from megalomania. 115,000 soldiers surrounded Xorapolis, merely waiting. The straits were blockaded and the Mohammedans waited for the city to starve.

On June 25th, 593, the Shapurids lowered their flags and replaced them with white banners. The gates opened and Shapurid Vahshil, Abas-Zeno Shapur, stood in its archway. “I have tasted the sting of defeat. If you spare my life, Xorapolis is yours,” said Abas-Zeno Shapur. His life was spared, and Sa’id Mohammed II become the Vahshil of a rightful successor to the Eastern Roman Empire. In his admiration for everything Roman (Greek), he declared that he should then be called Salathelos ivon-Mouxamantos, the Greek version of his full name. Xorapolis became the capital and was renamed Nea Romi, Greek for ‘New Rome’. Salathelos declared himself, in addition to Vahshil, the Kaisaros [4].

The turmoil in Anatolia allowed the Slavic states in Greece to wage military campaigns that would have been risky had a large united empire been to their east. King Zpartak of Makedonzja and King Vladezmykuskyi of Akaja, Vladezmy for short, forged a secret alliance in late 590. They prepared for war and in March 591, they invaded Atinija. In one of the worst backfires in military history, the Atinijans absolutely crushed the Akajan or Makedonzjan armies, despite being outnumbered two-to-one at the very least. Historians are mostly unsure why the Atinijans managed to do this. The most common explanation is that the military prowess of Atinija’s king, Alezandrak, as a general, helped Atinija immensely. Accounts of the time corroborate this. Regardless of why, Atinija managed to conquer most of Makedonzja and Akaja and puppetize rump states that remained.

The Qidan and Kyrghiz were mostly united due to the fact that they had a common enemy--the Xiong. Once the Xiong Dynasty had disintegrated, instability and inner conflict raged within the Horde. In December 593, the Qayan of the Qidan, Dashi-Lug, declared that the Kyrghiz should be banished from his lands. Qayan of the Kyrghiz, Jyrghal, responded with all-out war. Every male Qidan and every male Kyrghiz was asked to serve their people. Two years and 84,000 deaths later, the Qidan mostly forced out the Kyrghiz, and the Kyrghiz began to migrate west in search of a new land.

The Romans would continued to conquer Italia and Etruria, and the Kyrghiz would continue west, coming in contact with new peoples...

[1] Augutaurino is the Hermund name for a town in northern Italy which was known to the Romans as Augusta Taurinorum.
[2] Ilva is also known as Aethalia, Elba, or Elvala.
[3] ‘Hunnia Attilariquian’ is Hunnic and means, roughly, ‘Attila-led kingdom of the Huns’. Ever since the breakup of the Hunnic Empire, the Huns’ remaining lands gradually evolved. Multiethnic influences had existed from before the fall. ‘Hun’ is a vague term. Huns could be Türükic, Germanic, and sometimes Slavic, Latin, or even Greek or Alan. After the fall, the Huns’ remaining territories consisted of a Türükic and Germanic aristocracy, an army composed of Türükic, Germanic, and Slavic soldiers, and a largely Latin and Germanic population. After more than a century of intermingling and interassimilation, the Huns were a new group developed from old cultures. This was reflected in their language. ‘Hunnia’ derives from the Latin term for the Hunnic lands. ‘Attila’ was the official title of the Hunnic king, derived from the name of the man who forged most of the Hunnic empire. ‘Riquian’ derives from Old Germanic ‘rikjan’, for ‘rich’ or ‘kingdom’.
[4] Kaisaros is Greek for ‘Caesar’.

Last edited:
Rejoice; thy map hath arrived.

remnants of rome24 - Copy.png

remnants of rome24 - Copy.png

Last edited:
WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

love the update of the Slav and Hun kingdom

and I really hope the Kyrghiz will tear the place up a little:D

and Salathelos ivon-Mouxamantos could really recreate the eastern empire;)

I think Hunnia is in a good position to also conquer Biohaemia and perhaps most of Venedja, after all, it is just a weak successor state of the once mighty Venedi Slav empire.

I see SPQR has the Canaries. Future Colonization?

And I want Salathelos to go ape on the Toramanids and kick some ass. And take some names.

lol yeah and I even kept saying that they had turned into Alans, before this update.

What I meant was Alans. I'll fix that now.

Amigo. Compañero. Comrade. Vriend. Alliierte. Not vassal or puppet.

Friends today can turn into enemies tomorrow. ;)

Friends today can turn into enemies tomorrow. ;)
Well not next update.

But it will happen soon.

Especially if the Nubians--err, I've said too much.

I think Hunnia is in a good position to also conquer Biohaemia and perhaps most of Venedja, after all, it is just a weak successor state of the once mighty Venedi Slav empire.

All hail the Austrian-Empire-A-Thousand-Years-Early?

Now it would be awesome if the Langubardi invaded Britannia. :D

;)

Indeed:D
but should they?
the SPQR is right in fron of their doorstep
it would be smart just to invade their lands while they are bussy conquering Etruria:D

Well the SPQR is pretty damn scary-and-powerful to anyone who isn't friendly with them. That's why Marcianuso helped them against Alemannia instead of helping Alemannia.

Well the SPQR is pretty damn scary-and-powerful to anyone who isn't friendly with them. That's why Marcianuso helped them against Alemannia instead of helping Alemannia.

Sounds like logic to me:D
who votes for a Longobardian invasion of Brittain:D:D:D:D:D:D???????

Realistically, would the Kyrghiz:
- cross the Karakum Desert
--- and stay there?
--- and invade Persia?
- continue west
--- and stay out of the Taurikegutans' land?
--- and the Taurikegutans grant them land?
--- and the Tauikegutans give them tribute to make them stay out?
--- in time to fight the last of the Khazartürüks, and the Taurikegutans grant them land?
--- and are allowed to pass through?
--- and come into conflict with the Taurikegutans
------ and are pushed out?
------ and conquer them?

I seriously doubt that the Kyrghiz Horde would enjoy spending the next years migrating across empty expanses of steppe land for years on end to contact the Taurikegutans when they can take a gamble at crossing the Karakum Desert and invade Persia which is then under the control of the Toramanids. Persia is nice and rich - the perfect land for the Kyrghiz to conquer.