Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander

Banned
I . . . got this response on my dA account regarding a fan map of DoD.

AGAIN THE SAME QUESTION. Do you know country called POLAND? THIS COUNTRY WAS BORN WITH ODRA (ger. Oder) RIVER. IT IS TOO FAR TO THE EAST TO HELL $%!@#%!! It is all bad and no historical. I can't call it even "alternate". The most important lands of Poland are out of the BORDERS/Abroad. Germans should have Milan rather than VENICE. MANY, MANY things I can't agree with.

Highlander

Banned
which map? and what fucking moron is that? :D

Thanks for the comment.

And for those curious, here is the map. Not my best work, but it is an old one.

DoD_Fan_Map__Europe_by_Alt_Reality.jpg

But you gotta admit, that's one mighty big Russia :D

Not really, no. It's gained the Romanian old kingdom (which is a bit inexplicable and an oversight in DoD, to be honest: Dobruja had a Turkish majority and Bulgarian minority under Ottoman rule and was, until Russia attached it to Romania (against her will) as compensation for re-annexing southern Besserabia, considered a Bulgarian claim in its entirety (see the Constantinople Conference) by everyone except some Romanian hardline nationalists invoking a medieval claim; had Russia annexed the Danubian states earlier on, Dodruja's fate would not have differed from that of Old Bulgaria), but lost considerable lands in the west. Strategically, Russia's standing is just about the same as in 1914: rather great domination of the Balkans, but if she wars with Germany, she has extremely troublesome exterior lines of communication and a vital need to protect her cpital. In sentimental terms for Russian patriots, though, Volhynia is an old Russian land and Vilnius had a big Russian population. They aren't worth Romania.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comment.

And for those curious, here is the map. Not my best work, but it is an old one.

Ah yes, only one of the most coolest maps ever made that doesn't show North America. Tell that Polish troll to shove it up his own. He has no idea on what he's talking about anyway.

Not really, no. It's gained the Romanian old kingdom (which is a bit inexplicable and an oversight in DoD, to be honest: Dobruja had a Turkish majority and Bulgarian minority under Ottoman rule and was, until Russia attached it to Romania (against her will) as compensation for re-annexing southern Besserabia, considered a Bulgarian claim in its entirety (see the Constantinople Conference) by everyone except some Romanian hardline nationalists invoking a medieval claim; had Russia annexed the Danubian states earlier on, Dodruja's fate would not have differed from that of Old Bulgaria), but lost considerable lands in the west. Strategically, Russia's standing is just about the same as in 1914: rather great domination of the Balkans, but if she wars with Germany, she has extremely troublesome exterior lines of communication and a vital need to protect her cpital. In sentimental terms for Russian patriots, though, Volhynia is an old Russian land and Vilnius had a big Russian population. They aren't worth Romania.

Yeah... but Russia is pretty big out east, too. Poland aside, this is a pretty scary big Russia.

World1935.png

Better version of my previous map. A more competent Fuhrer and a lot of luck along the way for the Germans leads to Britain under Halifax signing a peace treaty with Germany after the BEF were destroyed in Dunkirk. Following this the German army now equipped with much better resources for the Russian winter invade Russia, prepared for a long war in the Soviet territory. With a lack of a Winter War the Soviets try and fight the Germans off initially with sheer manpower, this tactic is proved to go horribly wrong after the use of tularemia against German troops leads to Nazi use of tabun and sarin. This obliterates entire Russian towns and armies and leads to the Germans making it to the Urals by 1944.

While Italy felt sourly towards Germany who refused to help them in an invasion of Greece of Yugoslavia, and thus the invasions were put of until they stopped being a viable option. This Italian-German resentment would come to the fore in the late 1950's.

While this was happening Japan invaded the Russian Siberia, though due to poor weaponry the Japanese army in Siberia had been destroyed by 1946, but the Japanese did help relieve the Germans of some armies that were stationed in Siberia, and thus allowed them to get a firmer grip on the Reichskommissariat's they'd created (especially the Ukraine, who welcomed the German intervention in the Soviet rule over them.)

Finally in 1951 the Soviets signed a peace treaty with the Germans, which allowed for German territories to reach up to the Urals, except for one section which the Germans turned into a 'Russian State' - A puppet start for Germany. In 1956 Nazi Germany created a 'European Federation' (represented by light grey on the map), in which the fascist nations and puppet states of Europe all joined under a banner of Free Trade. It initially included Nazi Germany (which isn't shown on the map), the French State, Norwegian State, Finland, Hungary, Romania, Yugoslavia and the Russian State.

The Italo-German tension finally snapped in 1957 and the two nations went to war, and after a year of fighting the Italians were defeated and Germany annexed Trentino-Alto Adige, Veneto and Friuli-Venezia Giulia. After this Italy was forced to join the European Federation, and after this Greece, the Spanish State and the Estado Novo joined the EF.

In China Manchuria, Xinjiang and OTL North Korea are occupied and later going through the process of being annexed by the Soviets after a new General Secretary wants to step up an enlargement process after having lost all the territory in Europe. Mongolia also annexes Inner Mongolia with the help of the Soviets. Qinghai is also invaded during the Chinese revolution by the Soviets, and is de jure the Chinese, but under mass Soviet occupation. OTL South Korea is set up as a puppet state of Russia. While migrants from European Russia were allowed to leave within a week after the 1951 peace treaty and begin to colonize Siberia and the new territories.

In Indonesia the Portuguese settlements (which are minor) rebel against their oppressive leaders and are defended by the British. During this time with fears of the mass Soviet expansion in the North of China, both Portugal and Britain peacefully invade the South and so Taiwan, Guangxi, Guangdong, Hainan, Fujian and Yunnan were called the 'Republic of China' and the mainland territories were under heavy Portuguese and British occupation.

Japan was 'cut in two', with the upper half being under total Soviet occupation and planned to become its own Oblast of the Soviet Union by 1970. While the lower half was under a puppet state set up by the Soviets.

The main place of conflict in this world at this moment is in Iran, with Britain, German and the Soviets supplying Iranian movements on all sides, while the British want to keep the status quo, the Germans want a pro-nazi government set up, while the Soviets want a Communist government set up. This has all led to another possible war between the three ever-weakening nations.

Most likely ASB, but a bit of fun on my part really :)
2iicwgz.png

Okay, the new continent is complete and I even reveal it's location!
Please comment on my work.

PS: I know it's ASB, but I wanted to post it here first, then the ASB-map thread.

diamond aventuria.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.