Flag Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone wanna try making this sad attempt of mine clean?

Its a flag of a early 15th Century England, Scotland union.

The Coat of Arms of Scotland is in the Topleft. The Coat of Arms of England is in the Middle situated on the red cross that divided the four white boxes of the English flags. Two of the box's are blue for Scotlands blue color in its flag.

england.png

Does anyone have a good vector image of a laurel wreath for a flap I'm making? The reason that I ask for a vector is that I want the edges to be smooth. Google has some but they they are low on resolution. I would be forever grateful for the help! Thank you!

I'm usually game to make my own flags and wouldn't say I was bad at making them. However I'm struggling to make one I quite like for this in MC3 for Manchuria.

Manchuria_National_Flag.png

I'm not very keen on what I have designed so I was hoping one of the flag gurus a la Transparent Blue or Highlander would help me make a better flag for a the Manchuria which is detailed here.

Thanks in advance.

For the Sim Government game working its way up in Shared Worlds:

Required: a vaguely pseudo-Germanic flag that's not too complicated (maximum three colors, excepting a coat of arms) that represents the recently reunited nation of Midmark.

Midmark's west has colors which can be determined by the mapmaker. It's on the seacoast. Midmark's east has red and black as its colors.

Reward: Credit where credit is due, and a bonus if the mapmaker wants to play. :)

Last edited:
My first attempt at a flag. Not that much to it really.

ITTL, when the Scots under Edward Bruce invade Ireland, they succeed in setting up a sister regime to the Scottish crown in Ulster. Over the next couple of centuries, they expand and eventually control the entire island. They also marry into the Scottish royal family, uniting the two kingdoms.

Flag of Ulster and Scotland.gif

Hello everyone.

So this is my first time posting a flag. I hope you will enjoy these.

I've been working on a futuristic story/time line. It won't be done for a while, but I've been working on some flags for it.

Somewhere near the future mankind had colonized other worlds and has established a pretty decent government. It will be called the United Commonwealth. I'm hoping to chronicle this unified nation of human kind starting from a World War Three scenario all the way to the birth of the Commonwealth.

Anyway, here is the Commonwealths flag

Commonwealth Flag.jpg

Mind you I'm pretty sure this will continue to be edited as time goes by. I hope you all like it.

I have two other flags to share but that's for another time. :D

Commonwealth Flag.jpg

Does anyone have a good vector image of a laurel wreath for a flap I'm making? The reason that I ask for a vector is that I want the edges to be smooth. Google has some but they they are low on resolution. I would be forever grateful for the help! Thank you!
You could search through here, if you want-- a lot of the figures there are .svg filetypes.

Ah, here's some laurels.

I'd suggest making the iron cross slightly smaller. Also, the pixilization makes it look hairy. :D What's the story on how this became the German flag?

Hello again! I'd like to add another flag to my Commonwealth project.

Here we are with the flag of the Mars Federation.

Mars Federation Flag.jpg

Obviously the large sphere represents Mars itself. The Two smaller spheres on the right represent Mars's moons Phobos and Deimos. The three yellow stars represent the first three major colonies that were established on Mars, and the yellow and black bands are decorative. Red, yellow, and black make up the governmental colors.

The federation itself is a governing administrative entity within the commonwealth that takes care of the planetary government for Mars. Martians themselves are very patriotic particular people. One could liken them to how Texas views its "independent" state of mind. At one point Mars did rebel in the years before the Commonwealth was fully established. However after a somewhat short civil war the Mars rebellion was hushed and was admitted as a federation into the Commonwealth. mind you this was not done without giving the Martian people a healthy dose of autonomy.

But I talk too much, enough with that. :D

Mars Federation Flag.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.