The Death of Russia - TL

No one knows that bin Laden caused this. The Petrograd regime has been blamed for the destruction of Stalingrad because that's the logical assumption most people would make ITTL.

I suspect that bin Laden will get to use the other three nukes. It was stated that the nuke used on Stalingrad was the most consequential nuke bin Laden got, but that doesn't mean that it is the only nuke bin Laden will get to use - a nuclear terrorist attack on a single city that does not trigger a nuclear exchange would be a lot less consequential than the destruction of Stalingrad and the resulting horrors of April 10.
You know this TL is darker than black hole when nuclear terrorist attack can be said as "a lot less consequential" than something else.

Last edited:
I am going over the cities outside Russia that were hit, and I suspect that why the fatalities outside Russia were not in the millions was that the missiles that hit were aimed at military/strategic targets.
Or quasi-military - Shannon Airport being an example of that.

Ireland got off very lightly there. Shannon’s lost…but far less casualties than if the major cities were hit.

China has not been spared anything. Given the sheer number of nuclear warheads detonated it is very likely China will get some of the fallout from the west. The same goes for Japan and what's left of Korea.
Depends. If they’re airbursts, there may be little to no fallout.
What.

The.

Actual.

FUCK.

The one silver lining of this country-sized nuclear holocaust, maybe, just maybe, with the knowledge that humanity could go extinct at any moment due to its own stupidity now being fact, measures will be taken to counter similar apocalyptic scenarios, up to and including climate change. Russia west of the Urals though, life there will be less Fallout and more The Road, for quite a while.
True. Also, as I said, the climate change can may have been been kicked down the road a little…

With the leaders of the Stalingrad and Petrograd Government all dead, this makes me wonder what became of the Presidents of Tatarstan and Bashkortostan and whether they made it to their bunkers or died when the Nashists blew up Kazan and Ufa.

Poor Komi Republic, whatever remains will likely need to be absorbed by Lebed or another nation for humanitarian reasons.

Finland is also going to demand reparations. They were one of the hardest hit by the nukes of Russia's death throes.

If there are any surviving Nationalist or Soviet officials, they are going straight to The Hague if they survive the trip.
With the target list provided by Sorairo, Finland has suffered far less than many others. Several countries have lost at least one major city while all the Finnish targets appear to be airfields and not all of them are really worth a nuclear warhead. For example, the Immola airfield is only 10 kilometres from the Russo-Finnish border and is mostly in use for leisure flying and aerial sporting activities.

Ming777

Monthly Donor
I have developed a list of possible targets that were hit in non-Russian cities. This does assume the missile were still targetted on strategic or military facilities. It is possible that some were meant for countervalue.

Belarus:
Babruysk -> Babruysk Air Base (nuclear bomber base)

Belgium:
Mons -> Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe

Dagestan:
Kizlyar -> local airbase

France:
Bordeaux -> Bordeaux Air Base BA 106 (strategic air force facility)
Calais -> Strategic port, Channel Tunnel?

Germany:
Ramstein -> Ramstein Air Base
Kiel - > German Baltic Fleet HQ, Port of Kiel

Finland:
Immola -> Immola Airfield
Kemi -> airport? railway station?
Utti -> Utti Air Base
Kymi -> unsure, possible air field
Ivalo -> possibly Ivalo Airport

Iceland:
Keflavik -> Keflavík Airport (US military base)

Ichkeria:
Grozny -> Capital city

Ireland:
Shannon Airport -> used by NATO

Israel:
Ramat David (the explosion shattering the windows at the Church of the Annunciation in Nazareth) -> Ramat David Airbase
Dimona -> Dimona reactor, Dimona radar facility

Italy:
Augusta -> Harbour, oil refineries
Lampedusa Island -> LORAN-C transmitter Lampedusa
Cagliari - > Deciomannu Airport (NATO operated)

Kazakhstan:
Baikonur-> cosmodrome, rocket launch sites
Kurchatov -> Nuclear facilities

Latvia:
Liepāja - > Naval base, (former?) nuclear weapons warehouses

Netherlands:
Brunsumm -> Allied Joint Force Command Brunssum (JFCBS)

Norway:
Kolsas-> Kolsås leir (home of NATO's Allied Forces Northern Europe (AFNORTH))

Poland:
Gdansk -> Port, International Airport?

Portugal:
Lajes -> Lajes Field (Naval Air Facility Lajes) - USAF aerial refueling / USN P-3 Orion Base
Monte Real -> Monte Real Air Base

Romania:
Constanta ->57th Air Base "Mihail Kogălniceanu" Romanian Air Force Base

Saudi Arabia: King Abdul Aziz Air Force Base

Spain: Naval Station Rota

Sweden:
Gotland Island -> extensive military fortifications and bases

Turkey:
Ekskisehir- > Eskişehir Air Base
Izmir -Izmir Aur Station

United Arab Emirates: Jebel Ali base

Ukraine: Gostomel Airport, Pobuzke nuclear base (it appears the country was mostly spared due to later plans to annex it and a religious belief among the Fascists that Kyiv was the birthplace of Russia)

United Kingdom:
RAF Alconbury -> USAF SAC bomber base
HMNB Clyde -> Homeport for the Trident submarines
Northwood -> Northwood Headquarters
Dover -> Strategic port, Channel Tunnel?

Canada:
Halifax -> CFB Halifax (naval base) CFB Shearwater (air base)
Edmonton -> Canadian Forces Base Edmonton (Lancaster Park) (used by SAC)
Borden -> CFB Borden

United States:
Anchorage -> Elmendorf AFB
Fort Hood,
Fort Bragg,
Fort Stewart,
Fort Knox,
Cheyenne -> NORAD Cheyenne Mountain Complex
Camp David.

Will clean up list later

We do know there were officials tried at the Hague, so there's that.

However much like with Nuremberg, we only got lesser known figures and no-names since Dugin, Barkashov, Nevzorov, and Shafarevich are among those most known in the 2RCW and are now dead.

Even Goering was captured alive, even if he ended up taking his own life in his cell, and we don't even get something similar after what just happened. How you view it depends on how you feel about Hitler being able to take his own life instead of going on trial.

Finland:
Immola -> Immola Airfield
Kemi -> airport? railway station?
Utti -> Utti Air Base
Kymi -> unsure, possible air field
Ivalo -> possibly Ivalo Airport
- Immola was an important military airfield in World War II, but after the war it has seen little use. Also, as I mentioned earlier, the airfield is only 10 kilometres from the border.
- Kemi likely refers to the Kemi-Tornio Airport. Other possible targets could be the railway station or the highway bridge over the Kemi river.
- Utti is probably the most logical of all the Finnish targets, a proper military air base and a large military garrison.
- Kymi is a great big question mark as not only did this rural municipality cease to exist in 1977, there really isn't anything worth bombing in there.
- Nothing worth bombing besides the regional airport in Ivalo.

To me, it seems that the targeting list is related to the Finnish World War II-era military airfields. I would go with this presumption because of targets like Immola and Kymi.

- Immola was an important military airfield in World War II, but after the war it has seen little use. Also, as I mentioned earlier, the airfield is only 10 kilometres from the border.
- Kemi likely refers to the Kemi-Tornio Airport. Other possible targets could be the railway station or the highway bridge over the Kemi river.
- Utti is probably the most logical of all the Finnish targets, a proper military air base and a large military garrison.
- Kymi is a great big question mark as not only did this rural municipality cease to exist in 1977, there really isn't anything worth bombing in there.
- Nothing worth bombing besides the regional airport in Ivalo.

To me, it seems that the targeting list is related to the Finnish World War II-era military airfields. I would go with this presumption because of targets like Immola and Kymi.
Could be an attempt by the Nashists to “get revenge for the humiliation of the Winter War”.