Miscellaneous <1900 (Alternate) History Thread

if the native american wasn't affected much by old world diseases....

could the colonization of america resembling that of india and southeast asia ?
I think there was a high likelihood of that happening OTL, at least for Mesoamerica/the Andes, had Cortes failed and Spain drew some other bad luck here and there.

Would it be plausible for Napoleon II to rule France if Napoleon I wins a massive victory at Waterloo but at the same time dies? The key here is I think Austria as they’d be even more motivated to keep them on the throne. And with the Prussians & British losing, they’d have a lesser negotiating position.

British America TL's tend to have the Empire treat the natives much better than IRL's America did, but considering what happened in Africa, India, and China, is it possible for a British America to be just as destructive to the Native American tribes as OTL's America?

British America TL's tend to have the Empire treat the natives much better than IRL's America did, but considering what happened in Africa, India, and China, is it possible for a British America to be just as destructive to the Native American tribes as OTL's America?
My TL (which has a British Deep South) has the British authorities turn a blind eye to pioneers and local forces driving out the natives (a certain Jackson is among the pioneers), but I didn't do much research there (and it was chapter 2 or 3 of my TL anyway). Link in my description. I think it's possible depending on whether or not the British want native support or not. There were, after all, native problems in Canada in the 1800s.

Grey Wolf

Donor
Would it be plausible for Napoleon II to rule France if Napoleon I wins a massive victory at Waterloo but at the same time dies? The key here is I think Austria as they’d be even more motivated to keep them on the throne. And with the Prussians & British losing, they’d have a lesser negotiating position.
Don't forget what else is happening at the time

- Eugene is defending one front
- Davout is controllng another front
- the Congress in Vienna is still going on

So it would need to be gamed out - OK, so let's assume Wellington and Blucher are dead, the British, Dutch and Prussian forces not only defeated but wrecked. Napoleon dies, so presumably Ney is taking this victory?

Late 1890s French Politics appear to be defined by an event called The Dreyfus Affair, which was when a French Captain named Alfred Dreyfus (who was of Jewish Descent) was arrested for false claims of treason. It's one of the most famous miscarriage's of justice in The Francophone World and a show case of the Anti-Semitism present in France. Now I'm wondering about what would have happened if this event never happened and what kind of effects it would have had on French History since it seems to be a somewhat important event in their history.

I actually read in the records from a historian I know that the Portuguese never actually wanted to colonize or conquer the Philippines but were hinted to be wanting to trade with the Bruneians and were friendly with them which means a concession is likely, I wonder how would a partnership and concession between Bruneians and Portuguese would work out in the end.

This son probably claims England

So, does this mean that we could conceivably have the HRE and England in dynastic union for at least a generation? Because that would be an interesting situation. I wonder if Henry II/VI would spend most of his reign in Germany or England (though, judging by the struggles in Germany at the time, I suspect he may be forced to spend more time and attention on that land). If he does rule from Germany, I wonder how the barons and lords of England basically getting the run of the house for that length of time, plays out.

So, does this mean that we could conceivably have the HRE and England in dynastic union for at least a generation? Because that would be an interesting situation. I wonder if Henry II/VI would spend most of his reign in Germany or England (though, judging by the struggles in Germany at the time, I suspect he may be forced to spend more time and attention on that land). If he does rule from Germany, I wonder how the barons and lords of England basically getting the run of the house for that length of time, plays out.
Let's add to the chaos. What if he ends up marrying Eleanor of Aquitaine as in OTL?

Does anyone know anything about the Manza War between Russia and China in 1868? I can't find anything, and it seems like it might be a perfect thing to research for my TL. For context, France is now essentially in control of Korea. I'm trying to figure out why the Manza War occurred and if France, whose relations with Russia are improving ITTL, could possibly influence the war enough for Russia to win it, possibly expanding Russian and Korean borders into Manchuria.

Who would be a plausible Republican candidate for the 1860 presidential election if I wanted them to let the South secede without being so obviously conciliatory that they wouldn't secede in the first place? The POD is a few years earlier, so there's a bit more appetite in the North for just letting them go and a bit more reluctance to go to war over it, but it seems unlikely that Lincoln or most of the other candidates would fit the bill.