Return of Horrible Educational Maps

deusaozuk.gif

Honestly, it’s not terrible for a map that was clearly done before modern computing software made projection translation effortless. The sizes are off, but…
8568-BD73-D19-D-4872-A519-F401-F8-D0-BCD0.jpg

Russian Hokkaido, Greater Albania, Greater Bosnia, Greater Israel, Muslim Taiwan, half of South Korea deleted... Pretty sure there are others, but all of the errors are hard to spot at a glance.
Crap! I didn't even notice the Muslim Taiwan, that would be interesting too...
There is a lot going on with this one....

Half of Anatolia is Christian (and Black Sea is gone)
Muslim Thessaly and Epirus (meant to be Albania, probably).
Hindu Bangladesh and Bhutan (unless Bhutan is "Chinese").

well it does specify on the map that it's talking about Christianity, specifically, and not religions in general.

But with that map one could assume that Japan is about as Catholic as Italy, which is obviously wrong but you won't get that info. Or an alternate example, given that that map shows the Germany as dominantly Protestant that map might suggest that Japan is more Catholic than the Germany, which completely ignores the detail that Germany has about fifteen to twenty times as many Catholics as Japan.
Being open to such misleading assumptions is why this map deserves a spot in this thread. Admittedly it might not be horribly educational, but at least it is of questionable educational value.

pic unrelated

badtaly.jpg

But with that map one could assume that Japan is about as Catholic as Italy, which is obviously wrong but you won't get that info. Or an alternate example, given that that map shows the Germany as dominantly Protestant that map might suggest that Japan is more Catholic than the Germany, which completely ignores the detail that Germany has about fifteen to twenty times as many Catholics as Japan.
Being open to such misleading assumptions is why this map deserves a spot in this thread. Admittedly it might not be horribly educational, but at least it is of questionable educational value.

pic unrelated

View attachment 736119
Eastern Roman Empire in exile?

Eastern Roman Empire in exile?
Hmm...

Given that Constantinople was called the Second Rome and later on Moscow the Third Rome then I guess in this case Rome would be the Fourth Rome.
"But we are already Rome!"
"Silence, unbeliever!"

Next map unrelated (although who knows, maybe the Fifth Rome will be there somewhere...)

badscrtchs5a.jpg

pic unrelated

View attachment 736119
Ha! I wonder if that was taken somewhere in my area... as most of the Italian restaurants around here are run by Greeks, I can see how someone would make the mistake... maybe :p

Hmm...

Given that Constantinople was called the Second Rome and later on Moscow the Third Rome then I guess in this case Rome would be the Fourth Rome.
"Silence, unbeliever!"

Next map unrelated (although who knows, maybe the Fifth Rome will be there somewhere...)

View attachment 736143
It is merely showing how the world will look by the time they degrade.

Crazy Boris

Banned
Hmm...

"Silence, unbeliever!"

View attachment 736143

Looks like an adaptation of a map from the early 16th century with only the eastern parts of the Americas known to the Old World.

And someone kept sneezing as they were trying to draw Europe

And forgot about Madagascar

And didn’t go any further east than India

When the Mediterranean Sea turns into a hungry guinea pig and starts nibbling at the Red Sea which has become a cornstalk, you have to accept some sort of mess.
I can't un-see that now :biggrin: - and it's made me spot Eurasia about to eat the remains of Iceland (?) with its Scandinavia and southern Europe (?) jaws... :p

I can't un-see that now :biggrin: - and it's made me spot Eurasia about to eat the remains of Iceland (?) with its Scandinavia and southern Europe (?) jaws... :p
Let me help you then. Imagine the Indian Ocean and Red See as an elephant opening its mouth in a bark of laughter while raising his trunk, one of those yellow fishermen hats on his head.