Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4898

Alternate New Zealand, where the Zealandia collapse stabilised about a thousand metres higher than the OTL. Still British settled, but things went somewhat differently. Shown are the 29 Provinces and similar level entities on a crude elevation map.
Great map, but I'm not too sure about the province named Stevenage... Stevenage is hardly a place you'd name a colonial province after. In fact, you wouldn't name ANYTHING after Stevenage.

Cool map Highlander:cool:

One nitpick I have is that the overview map in the corner still shows OTL borders and their still pretty regonizeably different from what the screen shows.

Still, I LOVE that Europa Universalis/Victoria Revolutions look:D

The text could do with being bigger, and there's quite a bit of plain, empty space on the image. The map's definitely above average, though. Good job!
I'm usually so bad at putting text on my maps that I don't put any most of the time... about the plain empty space it's on purpose. I'm happy you like it, thanks for the comments.

Fine map. Maybe we would still have a Yugoslavia with such a constituion. ;)

Who knows ...

Yep, nothing says "stability" like internal borders that piss off _both_ the Serbs and the Croats...:)

Well if you consider :
+ the failed attempt of centralization done by the creation of artificial Oblasts and Banovinas by Alexander I on one hand...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subdivisions_of_the_Kingdom_of_Yugoslavia

+ the rampant hegemonic attitude of Serbia first (Greater Serbia) and then Craotia (Ustashe Croatia) on the other hand.

+ the fact that Tito's Federal Republic, composed of mainly nation states failed to stay united after his death.

I wanted to try something else : a federation of smaller units compared to Tito's nation states, and with more historical signification than the Banovinas.

Based off a DBWI in the after 1900 forum. The world of 2009 after France attacks Germany after annexing Austria.

AW2009.GIF

Based off a DBWI in the after 1900 forum. The world of 2009 after France attacks Germany after annexing Austria.
Hm, my first thought upon reading your post was "France annexed Austria? What? :eek:"

But more seriously, not a bad map, nice job. (Though one could have doubts about the total survival of colonial empires)

Hm, my first thought upon reading your post was "France annexed Austria? What? :eek:"

But more seriously, not a bad map, nice job. (Though one could have doubts about the total survival of colonial empires)

I realized that as I typed it, but decided not to fix it :D

I just hope the DBWI doesn't eventualy contradict my map with future developments.

I think you'd see efforts by the old colonial government to wipe them out, and the lack of human settlement in that reserve makes alot more sense.

In other ways, attempts to film LOTR just got alot cheaper without CGI:p

Well they won't be numerious due to a lack of safe nesting sites, just a rare threat like Tigers in India. The LOTR thing was my intention ;), though in retrospect Megaccipitridae is the term more likely to be used.

Great map, but I'm not too sure about the province named Stevenage... Stevenage is hardly a place you'd name a colonial province after. In fact, you wouldn't name ANYTHING after Stevenage.

Could be named after someone with the surname Stevenage you know ;).

Thats an awesome image Highlander, though the Ethnicity bit is hard to read, a real game will probably just use tooltips :cool:.

Inspired by the Black Sea deluge map that Crommi Cruaich posted eight pages back, I've decided to do a mini-TL about the Tauric civilization (which never existed OTL). I have no idea how plausible this is, so bear with me.

---
After the Great Flood and the rapid expansion of the Euxine Sea, a group of Cimmerians settled in the narrow strip of land between the mountains and the sea on the Tauric Peninsula. This group eventually founded cities, and formed their own civilization. These were the Taures, who began flourishing around 1600 BC. Tauric civilization was centered around the city of Arkop. The following shows a map of the earliest known cities of the Tauric civilization.

Tauric Civilization 1.png

Krall

Banned
The Republic of the Burning Sun, a rich nation filled with traders and merchants, and the Republic of the Bloody Moon, a militant nation filled with soldiers and mercenaries, through the sharing of a common culture and tired of their constant disputes which serve only to weaken them both, unite as one. The combination of Bloody Moon's miltary technology and strong, standing army and Burning Sun's wealth and vast merchant navy makes the new nation, the United Republics of the Burning Sun and the Bloody Moon, a force to be reckoned with in any theatre.

To the north the ever belligerent Empire of the High Mountain rattles its sabre often, in the hopes of scaring the nations to the south into submission. The United Republics are not so easily impressed, however, and have taken careful precautions to protect against a possible attack from the Empire.

The Kingdom of Uata Che to the east shares much culture with Burning Sun, and is made up primarily of the same ethnic group. The more isolate Bloody Moon, however, is cautious of their informal suggestions towards an alliance, but is not so foolish to turn them down, not when they are sure to be the first to be attacked when the Empire of the High Mountain decides that it wants the continent all to itself.

A better quality version can be found here:
http://kurarun.deviantart.com/art/Burning-Sun-Bloody-Moon-Map-1-115091525

BSABMMapPngDotNetGif.gif

Inspired by the Black Sea deluge map that Crommi Cruaich posted eight pages back, I've decided to do a mini-TL about the Tauric civilization (which never existed OTL). I have no idea how plausible this is, so bear with me.

---
After the Great Flood and the rapid expansion of the Euxine Sea, a group of Cimmerians settled in the narrow strip of land between the mountains and the sea on the Tauric Peninsula. This group eventually founded cities, and formed their own civilization. These were the Taures, who began flourishing around 1600 BC. Tauric civilization was centered around the city of Arkop. The following shows a map of the earliest known cities of the Tauric civilization.
Any comments on the beginning of my mini-TL and map, since it seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle?

Status
Not open for further replies.