A Queen Twice Over: Mary Tudor the Elder Marries Francis I of France

Might depend on how indulgent he gets with his diet. Both HVIII and EIV had their weight struggles.
True. But as a teenager and young man, I think he should be all right on that score, if only because he'll be expected to hunt and joust and play tennis and all such other things.
Also, I just remembered that I never wrote a comment on this beautiful story's threat as such: Thank you Falcon for writing such a beautiful timeline, I am always excited to read the chapters you publish and it is always a treat to see how the characters' stories play out along with their interaction.
Thank you very much! That's very kind of you!
Glad to see this back! Although I'm not so glad to see how George acts here, can't imagine how he will be once he becomes king...
The worst of both parents, I fear!
Well George is definitely like his parent in character 😆... Interesting to see how well Mary is doing in Hungary, hopefully her children ensure that the Jagellion dynasty thrives. Wonderful chapter!
He is, isn't he? And thank you, Maria certainly hopes so too!

Oh, agreed, but Maria will fight for her to be Queen Regnant for as long as humanly possible. This is Katherine of Aragon's niece, Juana's daughter, we're talking about. I don't think it implausible that she would think like Katherine and believe her daughter ought to be Queen Regnant if Karoly dies without children.

Well, I was more referring to the situation in which Karoly lives, I don't think that Maria would kill her own son to make place for her daughter. And if she wants to strenghten Lujza's claim in case Karoly doesn't have children, wedding her to fellow Jagiellon with strong state just near the border would help.

Well, I was more referring to the situation in which Karoly lives, I don't think that Maria would kill her own son to make place for her daughter. And if she wants to strenghten Lujza's claim in case Karoly doesn't have children, wedding her to fellow Jagiellon with strong state just near the border would help.
Fair point, although she is currently betrothed to George, Prince of Wales. But there's no reason that can't change in the future!

Fair point, although she is currently betrothed to George, Prince of Wales. But there's no reason that can't change in the future!

Maybe have Siggie II seduce Lujza? Siggie II was quite handsome and known womanizer, so it wouldn't be impossible for him to do that + imagine George's tantrum from being semi-cucked.

Oh, agreed, but Maria will fight for her to be Queen Regnant for as long as humanly possible. This is Katherine of Aragon's niece, Juana's daughter, we're talking about. I don't think it implausible that she would think like Katherine and believe her daughter ought to be Queen Regnant if Karoly dies without children.
She is grown up in Burgundy, far away from both ladies and their influence and Margaret, while a strong lady in her own had limits as regent and I think who Mary would not ignore her own mother’s story or that of her other grandmother

Maybe have Siggie II seduce Lujza? Siggie II was quite handsome and known womanizer, so it wouldn't be impossible for him to do that + imagine George's tantrum from being semi-cucked.
That would be spectacular!
Plus Poland is a better option for Hungary and Bohemia.
Yeah, especially as Hungary is facing Ottomans.
This is all true. But then, it's a long way from betrothed to the altar. Just because Maria has agreed to betroth little Lujza to George for now doesn't mean he'll be her final husband.

At least said French Prince would be half English...

That isn't what I have planned, but... Oh My Goodness. You're right. Hmm...

*scuttles off to do some serious thinking. *
I'm not sure how to phrase my response given what we've discussed, so I'll say this - I know what you're going to do and my mind fears for your sanity... Do you need help? Would you like a hug? Virtual tummy rubs? Virtual pie? I can provide...

Just in case anyone is wondering, I have started the next chapter. RL has just been an absolute bugger over the past six weeks or so. Hopefully things will calm down next week and I might actually get a chance to finish it!

Just in case anyone is wondering, I have started the next chapter. RL has just been an absolute bugger over the past six weeks or so. Hopefully things will calm down next week and I might actually get a chance to finish it!
Just to warn me in advance... is it that chapter? The one we discussed? Is it time for me to find a hiding place for us?